|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
2. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
3. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
4. What does every U-2 mission require?
5. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
2. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
3. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
4. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
5. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
6. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
7. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
8. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
9. What is the purpose of camp literature?
10. Why is the Central Committee's confirmation to divide the parties cause for bewilderment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Gang of Eight. Who is this group? What is the goal of this group? What effect or influence does this group have?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Great Patriotic War. How do citizens react or come together during this time? What role does Stalin play in this war? What role does Khrushchev play in this war?
Essay Topic 3
In 1954 the leadership is once again in turmoil. Discuss the actions from the following leaders: Khrushchev, Molotov, Kaganovich, Malenkov, and Voroshilov. Do these leaders find any solutions? Provide support for your answer from the book.
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)