|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
2. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
3. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
4. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
5. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
2. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
3. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
4. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
5. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
6. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
7. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
8. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
9. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
10. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the goal of the Anti-Stalinists? How do they try to attack Khrushchev? Are they successful? Discuss the different feelings concerning the party felt from this group. Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Great Patriotic War. How do citizens react or come together during this time? What role does Stalin play in this war? What role does Khrushchev play in this war?
Essay Topic 3
Chapter 1 begins at the end. What is the purpose of this literary method? What information is presented that may assist with understanding the rest of the book?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)