|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
2. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
3. Discussed in Chapter 13, who does Khrushchev negotiate with to set up a provisional government?
4. What is Khrushchev obsessed with that he keeps silent about while at Camp David?
5. What does Khrushchev demand in March of 1963 concerning the military?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
2. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
3. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
4. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
5. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
6. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
7. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
8. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
9. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
10. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the goal of the Anti-Stalinists? How do they try to attack Khrushchev? Are they successful? Discuss the different feelings concerning the party felt from this group. Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
There were 5 major international events that stopped Khrushchev's visit to the United States. List and discuss each of these events. What was Khrushchev overall feeling about this missed visit to the US?
Essay Topic 3
After reading the entire book, reread Chapter 1. Discuss the purpose of starting at the end. What were the author's intentions? Is this an effective literary method? Do you think the book would have been as effective if a different method was used?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)