|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
2. What are Kennedy's advisers called?
3. What has declined in the Soviet Union since Stalin's death?
4. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
5. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
2. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
3. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
4. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
5. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
6. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
7. What is the purpose of camp literature?
8. Why is the Central Committee's confirmation to divide the parties cause for bewilderment?
9. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
10. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Khrushchev's rise in leadership while he is in school described? What does he do to achieve this status? How does this effect his schooling? Who tests his loyalty and how is it tested?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Ukraine before Khrushchev takes over. What changes does Khrushchev make to the country? What is the reaction to these changes by the people? By other political leaders? What is the state of the country after all the changes are implemented?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Khrushchev's life overall. Do you feel he was respected within his own country? How did other political leaders feel about Khrushchev? Do you think Khrushchev accomplished his goals?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)