|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
2. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
3. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
4. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
5. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
2. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
3. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
4. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
5. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
6. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
7. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
8. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
9. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
10. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Marshall Plan. Who is involved in enacting this plan? How does this plan allow Stalin to pass the blame? Who does Stalin pass the blame to? What is Khrushchev's role in this Plan? Do you think the Marshall plan was effective for meeting Stalin's goals?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Great Patriotic War. How do citizens react or come together during this time? What role does Stalin play in this war? What role does Khrushchev play in this war?
Essay Topic 3
What is the goal of the Anti-Stalinists? How do they try to attack Khrushchev? Are they successful? Discuss the different feelings concerning the party felt from this group. Support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)