|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
2. What political issues is Troyanovsky the chief of?
3. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
4. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
5. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
2. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
3. What is the purpose of camp literature?
4. Why is the Central Committee's confirmation to divide the parties cause for bewilderment?
5. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
6. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
7. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
8. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
9. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
10. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Khrushchev's rise in leadership while he is in school described? What does he do to achieve this status? How does this effect his schooling? Who tests his loyalty and how is it tested?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Khrushchev's life overall. Do you feel he was respected within his own country? How did other political leaders feel about Khrushchev? Do you think Khrushchev accomplished his goals?
Essay Topic 3
What is Khrushchev's behavior like as a child and young adult? What influence in his life could be attributed to this behavior? How does this change when Khrushchev serves under Stalin? How does Khrushchev feel about this change in himself?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)