|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
2. What is Khrushchev's reaction to the vote by the Presidium in 1959?
3. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
4. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
5. Who does Khrushchev call a meeting with in July of 1958?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the Central Committee's confirmation to divide the parties cause for bewilderment?
2. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
3. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
4. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
5. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
6. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
7. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
8. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
9. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
10. What is the purpose of camp literature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In 1954 the leadership is once again in turmoil. Discuss the actions from the following leaders: Khrushchev, Molotov, Kaganovich, Malenkov, and Voroshilov. Do these leaders find any solutions? Provide support for your answer from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Khrushchev and Malenkov relationships. Is this friendship genuine? Why or why not? Is the relationship politically motivated? Explain your answer.
Discuss why this would be significant in the time after the fall of the Old Guard.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Khrushchev's life overall. Do you feel he was respected within his own country? How did other political leaders feel about Khrushchev? Do you think Khrushchev accomplished his goals?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)