|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does every U-2 mission require?
2. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
4. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
5. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
2. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
3. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
4. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
5. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
6. What is the purpose of camp literature?
7. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
8. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
9. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
10. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Khrushchev's rise in leadership while he is in school described? What does he do to achieve this status? How does this effect his schooling? Who tests his loyalty and how is it tested?
Essay Topic 2
What is Khrushchev's behavior like as a child and young adult? What influence in his life could be attributed to this behavior? How does this change when Khrushchev serves under Stalin? How does Khrushchev feel about this change in himself?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Gang of Eight. Who is this group? What is the goal of this group? What effect or influence does this group have?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)