|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do JFK's advisers suggest he avoid during a meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna?
2. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
3. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
4. What does the Presidium vote against in 1959?
5. What does every U-2 mission require?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
2. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
3. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
4. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
5. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
6. Why is the Central Committee's confirmation to divide the parties cause for bewilderment?
7. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
8. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
9. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
10. What is the purpose of camp literature?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were 5 major international events that stopped Khrushchev's visit to the United States. List and discuss each of these events. What was Khrushchev overall feeling about this missed visit to the US?
Essay Topic 2
Stalin's mental faculties begin to deteriorate after a series of heart attacks. Do you think this mental illness was the result of the heart attacks or was it present all along?
Explain your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
How is Khrushchev's rise in leadership while he is in school described? What does he do to achieve this status? How does this effect his schooling? Who tests his loyalty and how is it tested?
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)