|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many citizens march for Stalin in his home of Georgia?
2. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
3. By how much does Khrushchev rise retail prices on farm products in 1962?
4. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
5. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
2. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
3. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
4. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
5. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
6. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
7. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
8. What is the purpose of camp literature?
9. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
10. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Khrushchev's rise in leadership while he is in school described? What does he do to achieve this status? How does this effect his schooling? Who tests his loyalty and how is it tested?
Essay Topic 2
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
Essay Topic 3
In 1954 the leadership is once again in turmoil. Discuss the actions from the following leaders: Khrushchev, Molotov, Kaganovich, Malenkov, and Voroshilov. Do these leaders find any solutions? Provide support for your answer from the book.
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)