|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
2. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
3. Where does Khrushchev want to address the West Berlin issues with JFK?
4. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
5. Discussed in Chapter 13, who does Khrushchev negotiate with to set up a provisional government?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
2. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
3. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
4. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
5. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
6. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
7. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
8. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
9. What is the purpose of camp literature?
10. Why is the Central Committee's confirmation to divide the parties cause for bewilderment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were 5 major international events that stopped Khrushchev's visit to the United States. List and discuss each of these events. What was Khrushchev overall feeling about this missed visit to the US?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Khrushchev's life overall. Do you feel he was respected within his own country? How did other political leaders feel about Khrushchev? Do you think Khrushchev accomplished his goals?
Essay Topic 3
Chapter 1 begins at the end. What is the purpose of this literary method? What information is presented that may assist with understanding the rest of the book?
This section contains 699 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)