|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
2. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
3. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
4. What is Khrushchev obsessed with that he keeps silent about while at Camp David?
5. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
2. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
3. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
4. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
5. What is the purpose of camp literature?
6. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
7. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
8. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
9. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
10. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Marshall Plan. Who is involved in enacting this plan? How does this plan allow Stalin to pass the blame? Who does Stalin pass the blame to? What is Khrushchev's role in this Plan? Do you think the Marshall plan was effective for meeting Stalin's goals?
Essay Topic 2
What is the goal of the Anti-Stalinists? How do they try to attack Khrushchev? Are they successful? Discuss the different feelings concerning the party felt from this group. Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author break the book in the middle with a recap of the time spanning from 1917-1957? What is the purpose for this method? Is there any new information presented? Does this technique enhance the book?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)