|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Khrushchev restore from exile after Stalin's death?
2. Who does Khrushchev call a meeting with in July of 1958?
3. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
4. As discussed in Chapter 14, what is Khrushchev defenseless against?
5. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
2. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
3. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
4. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
5. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
6. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
7. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
8. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
9. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
10. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Great Patriotic War. How do citizens react or come together during this time? What role does Stalin play in this war? What role does Khrushchev play in this war?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Gang of Eight. Who is this group? What is the goal of this group? What effect or influence does this group have?
Essay Topic 3
Chapter 1 begins at the end. What is the purpose of this literary method? What information is presented that may assist with understanding the rest of the book?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)