|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
2. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
3. Discussed in Chapter 13, who does Khrushchev negotiate with to set up a provisional government?
4. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
5. By how much does Khrushchev rise retail prices on farm products in 1962?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
2. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
3. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
4. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
5. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
6. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
7. Why is the Central Committee's confirmation to divide the parties cause for bewilderment?
8. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
9. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
10. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Gang of Eight. Who is this group? What is the goal of this group? What effect or influence does this group have?
Essay Topic 2
Chapter 1 begins at the end. What is the purpose of this literary method? What information is presented that may assist with understanding the rest of the book?
Essay Topic 3
In 1954 the leadership is once again in turmoil. Discuss the actions from the following leaders: Khrushchev, Molotov, Kaganovich, Malenkov, and Voroshilov. Do these leaders find any solutions? Provide support for your answer from the book.
This section contains 648 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)