|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Kennedy's advisers called?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
3. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
4. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
5. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
Essay Topic 1
What is Khrushchev's behavior like as a child and young adult? What influence in his life could be attributed to this behavior? How does this change when Khrushchev serves under Stalin? How does Khrushchev feel about this change in himself?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Khrushchev and Malenkov relationships. Is this friendship genuine? Why or why not? Is the relationship politically motivated? Explain your answer.
Discuss why this would be significant in the time after the fall of the Old Guard.
Essay Topic 3
What is the goal of the Anti-Stalinists? How do they try to attack Khrushchev? Are they successful? Discuss the different feelings concerning the party felt from this group. Support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 902 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)