|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
2. What does every U-2 mission require?
3. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
4. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
5. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
Essay Topic 1
What is the goal of the Anti-Stalinists? How do they try to attack Khrushchev? Are they successful? Discuss the different feelings concerning the party felt from this group. Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How is Khrushchev's rise in leadership while he is in school described? What does he do to achieve this status? How does this effect his schooling? Who tests his loyalty and how is it tested?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Great Patriotic War. How do citizens react or come together during this time? What role does Stalin play in this war? What role does Khrushchev play in this war?
This section contains 895 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)