|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
2. What does every U-2 mission require?
3. How many citizens march for Stalin in his home of Georgia?
4. What does Khrushchev demand on November 10, 1958?
5. On October 31, where does Khrushchev state they need to restore order in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
2. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
3. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
4. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
5. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
6. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
7. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
8. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
9. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
10. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chapter 1 begins at the end. What is the purpose of this literary method? What information is presented that may assist with understanding the rest of the book?
Essay Topic 2
There were 5 major international events that stopped Khrushchev's visit to the United States. List and discuss each of these events. What was Khrushchev overall feeling about this missed visit to the US?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Ukraine before Khrushchev takes over. What changes does Khrushchev make to the country? What is the reaction to these changes by the people? By other political leaders? What is the state of the country after all the changes are implemented?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)