Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Kennedy's advisers called?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
3. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
4. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
5. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
Essay Topic 1
What are Khrushchev's motivations for his career in the beginning of the book? Do these motivations change by the end of his career? If yes, why? How do you think they changed? If no, how do you think Khrushchev managed to maintain these motivations throughout his career?
Essay Topic 2
After reading the entire book, reread Chapter 1. Discuss the purpose of starting at the end. What were the author's intentions? Is this an effective literary method? Do you think the book would have been as effective if a different method was used?
Essay Topic 3
What is the goal of the Anti-Stalinists? How do they try to attack Khrushchev? Are they successful? Discuss the different feelings concerning the party felt from this group. Support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)