|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
2. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
3. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
4. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
5. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Khrushchev and Malenkov relationships. Is this friendship genuine? Why or why not? Is the relationship politically motivated? Explain your answer.
Discuss why this would be significant in the time after the fall of the Old Guard.
Essay Topic 2
In 1954 the leadership is once again in turmoil. Discuss the actions from the following leaders: Khrushchev, Molotov, Kaganovich, Malenkov, and Voroshilov. Do these leaders find any solutions? Provide support for your answer from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author break the book in the middle with a recap of the time spanning from 1917-1957? What is the purpose for this method? Is there any new information presented? Does this technique enhance the book?
This section contains 908 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)