|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political issues is Troyanovsky the chief of?
2. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
3. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
4. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
5. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
Essay Topic 1
What are Khrushchev's motivations for his career in the beginning of the book? Do these motivations change by the end of his career? If yes, why? How do you think they changed? If no, how do you think Khrushchev managed to maintain these motivations throughout his career?
Essay Topic 2
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
Essay Topic 3
Stalin's mental faculties begin to deteriorate after a series of heart attacks. Do you think this mental illness was the result of the heart attacks or was it present all along?
Explain your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 883 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)