|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Khrushchev obsessed with that he keeps silent about while at Camp David?
2. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
3. What has declined in the Soviet Union since Stalin's death?
4. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
5. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Khrushchev and Malenkov relationships. Is this friendship genuine? Why or why not? Is the relationship politically motivated? Explain your answer.
Discuss why this would be significant in the time after the fall of the Old Guard.
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author break the book in the middle with a recap of the time spanning from 1917-1957? What is the purpose for this method? Is there any new information presented? Does this technique enhance the book?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship Khrushchev had with his wife. How does Khrushchev feel about her? How does she feel about him? Is this relationship solid? How does this relationship effect his political position and vise versa?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)