|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After the verbal assault on Khrushchev in 1964, what is he forced to do?
2. How much of the USSR's wealth does WWII claim?
3. When is Trotsky exiled?
4. When does Khrushchev join the Bolsheviks?
5. Why is Sergei in a body cast?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev's family flee Kiev?
2. What effect does Khrushchev's ability to tell stories have while trying to make connections?
3. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
4. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
5. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
6. What is the state of the Soviet Union in 1964?
7. What type of students attend the academy that Khrushchev was accepted into?
8. How does Stalin feel about Khrushchev's reform plans?
9. What is Stalin's personality like after his heart attacks in 1954 and 1947?
10. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Khrushchev and Malenkov relationships. Is this friendship genuine? Why or why not? Is the relationship politically motivated? Explain your answer.
Discuss why this would be significant in the time after the fall of the Old Guard.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship Khrushchev had with his wife. How does Khrushchev feel about her? How does she feel about him? Is this relationship solid? How does this relationship effect his political position and vise versa?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)