|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Khrushchev go in 1908 to join his father?
2. Why is Sergei in a body cast?
3. In 1953, approximately how many people die in labor camps?
4. When is Khrushchev named lieutenant general?
5. What is the majority of education that Khrushchev receives?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what role Khrushchev holds as ex-officio and what actions he is able to take in this position.
2. Why does Khrushchev prefer pseudo-science?
3. What argument is made by Malenkov and Khrushchev concerning Beria?
4. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
5. What is the state of the Soviet Union in 1964?
6. In terms of percentages of resources, what does WWII take from the USSR and Ukraine?
7. What occurs as the Old Guard falls?
8. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
9. What is Stalin's personality like after his heart attacks in 1954 and 1947?
10. Why does Khrushchev decline an invitation to serve as deputy head of the Soviet government?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship Khrushchev had with his wife. How does Khrushchev feel about her? How does she feel about him? Is this relationship solid? How does this relationship effect his political position and vise versa?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Great Patriotic War. How do citizens react or come together during this time? What role does Stalin play in this war? What role does Khrushchev play in this war?
Essay Topic 3
How is Khrushchev's rise in leadership while he is in school described? What does he do to achieve this status? How does this effect his schooling? Who tests his loyalty and how is it tested?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)