|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Khrushchev born?
2. Who is murdered under Khrushchev's orders?
3. Where does Khrushchev's wife, Nina, work?
4. When does Hitler invade Poland?
5. Stalin becomes nervous and paranoid after the fall of what country?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Khrushchev feel about Stalin?
2. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
3. Why does Khrushchev prefer pseudo-science?
4. What is the state of the Soviet Union in 1964?
5. Why does Khrushchev decline an invitation to serve as deputy head of the Soviet government?
6. Why does Khrushchev feel too inexperienced to head the Ukrainian Party?
7. What effect does Khrushchev's ability to tell stories have while trying to make connections?
8. What is the condition of Yuzovka by 1921?
9. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
10. What is Khrushchev's experience with the Red Guard by 1918-1919?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship Khrushchev had with his wife. How does Khrushchev feel about her? How does she feel about him? Is this relationship solid? How does this relationship effect his political position and vise versa?
Essay Topic 2
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
Essay Topic 3
How is Khrushchev's rise in leadership while he is in school described? What does he do to achieve this status? How does this effect his schooling? Who tests his loyalty and how is it tested?
This section contains 667 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)