Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is murdered under Khrushchev's orders?
2. Who does Khrushchev marry in 1914?
3. Who does Khrushchev consider a self-aggrandizing, anti-Darwinist scientist?
4. What does the spetsgurppy refer to?
5. How long does Khrushchev attend formal schooling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev feel too inexperienced to head the Ukrainian Party?
2. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
3. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
4. What is Khrushchev involved in once he moves to Kharlov?
5. What is going on in 1945, compared to what Khrushchev tells Stalin is going on?
6. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
7. Unlike many of his colleagues, what does Khrushchev have a fascination about?
8. Why does Khrushchev begin to defend the people against his own government?
9. In 1943, what is Khrushchev's recommendation to Stalin?
10. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
Essay Topic 1
In 1954 the leadership is once again in turmoil. Discuss the actions from the following leaders: Khrushchev, Molotov, Kaganovich, Malenkov, and Voroshilov. Do these leaders find any solutions? Provide support for your answer from the book.
Essay Topic 2
How is Khrushchev's rise in leadership while he is in school described? What does he do to achieve this status? How does this effect his schooling? Who tests his loyalty and how is it tested?
Essay Topic 3
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)