|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Stalin's mental state following his strokes?
2. Where does the biggest tank battle in history take place?
3. Where does Khrushchev's wife, Nina, work?
4. Who is assassinated in Leningrad in 1934?
5. When does Zhdanov die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the Bolsheviks' view on peasants?
2. What does Khrushchev do as a chief political commissar?
3. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
4. What does Khrushchev do when elected party secretary for the school he has been attending?
5. What is Khrushchev hoping as a result of his voluntary retirement?
6. Why does Khrushchev wear a mask when dealing with Beria?
7. Why does Khrushchev feel too inexperienced to head the Ukrainian Party?
8. Why does Khrushchev's family flee Kiev?
9. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
10. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the goal of the Anti-Stalinists? How do they try to attack Khrushchev? Are they successful? Discuss the different feelings concerning the party felt from this group. Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship Khrushchev had with his wife. How does Khrushchev feel about her? How does she feel about him? Is this relationship solid? How does this relationship effect his political position and vise versa?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)