|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of leader is Khrushchev described as?
2. Who becomes Khrushchev's assistant while head of the Ukrainian Party?
3. At what age does Khrushchev begin an apprenticeship with a fitter?
4. How does Khrushchev's wife die?
5. When does Sergei die?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the state of the Soviet Union in 1964?
2. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
3. What does Khrushchev begin to do while working as an apprentice?
4. What is the condition of Yuzovka by 1921?
5. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
6. In terms of percentages of resources, what does WWII take from the USSR and Ukraine?
7. How does Khrushchev feel about Stalin?
8. Why does Khrushchev have Dovzhenko rehabilitated?
9. What is Khrushchev involved in once he moves to Kharlov?
10. What does Khrushchev do as a chief political commissar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Khrushchev and Malenkov relationships. Is this friendship genuine? Why or why not? Is the relationship politically motivated? Explain your answer.
Discuss why this would be significant in the time after the fall of the Old Guard.
Essay Topic 2
Stalin's mental faculties begin to deteriorate after a series of heart attacks. Do you think this mental illness was the result of the heart attacks or was it present all along?
Explain your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What is the goal of the Anti-Stalinists? How do they try to attack Khrushchev? Are they successful? Discuss the different feelings concerning the party felt from this group. Support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)