|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is assassinated in Leningrad in 1934?
2. What does Khrushchev consider his colleagues during the war?
3. As Kaganovich's deputy, what is Khrushchev's largest project?
4. When does Khrushchev know Stalin no longer trusts him?
5. What is the average number of people per hut in Khrushchev's home town?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev's family flee Kiev?
2. Why does Khrushchev decline an invitation to serve as deputy head of the Soviet government?
3. What is Stalin's personality like after his heart attacks in 1954 and 1947?
4. What benefit does Khrushchev receive from having Ivan Pisarev as a friend?
5. Rather then vacationing during the summer of 1964, as was recommended, what does Khrushchev do instead?
6. What is Khrushchev involved in once he moves to Kharlov?
7. What is Khrushchev hoping as a result of his voluntary retirement?
8. Why does Khrushchev begin to defend the people against his own government?
9. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
10. Unlike many of his colleagues, what does Khrushchev have a fascination about?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Khrushchev's life overall. Do you feel he was respected within his own country? How did other political leaders feel about Khrushchev? Do you think Khrushchev accomplished his goals?
Essay Topic 2
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
Essay Topic 3
There were 5 major international events that stopped Khrushchev's visit to the United States. List and discuss each of these events. What was Khrushchev overall feeling about this missed visit to the US?
This section contains 761 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)