|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Postyshev dropped from the Ukraine Central Committee?
2. Where does the biggest tank battle in history take place?
3. When are the Leningraders sentenced to death?
4. What does Stalin think Voroshilov is during the 19th Congress in 1952?
5. When does the Ukrainian Politburo authorize a final liquidation of the guerrillas?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
2. What does Khrushchev do when elected party secretary for the school he has been attending?
3. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
4. What does Khrushchev do as a chief political commissar?
5. Describe what role Khrushchev holds as ex-officio and what actions he is able to take in this position.
6. What effect does Khrushchev's ability to tell stories have while trying to make connections?
7. What is the Bolsheviks' view on peasants?
8. What is the condition of Yuzovka by 1921?
9. How does Stalin feel about Khrushchev's reform plans?
10. Why does Khrushchev feel too inexperienced to head the Ukrainian Party?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship Khrushchev had with his wife. How does Khrushchev feel about her? How does she feel about him? Is this relationship solid? How does this relationship effect his political position and vise versa?
Essay Topic 3
In 1954 the leadership is once again in turmoil. Discuss the actions from the following leaders: Khrushchev, Molotov, Kaganovich, Malenkov, and Voroshilov. Do these leaders find any solutions? Provide support for your answer from the book.
This section contains 705 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)