|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are two main epidemics in the barracks in 1908?
2. As Kaganovich's deputy, what is Khrushchev's largest project?
3. After leading a battalion, Khrushchev is promoted to an instructor of what?
4. What does Stalin think Voroshilov is during the 19th Congress in 1952?
5. When does the biggest tank battle in history take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev wear a mask when dealing with Beria?
2. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
3. What is going on in 1945, compared to what Khrushchev tells Stalin is going on?
4. What does Khrushchev begin to do while working as an apprentice?
5. In terms of percentages of resources, what does WWII take from the USSR and Ukraine?
6. What does Khrushchev do when elected party secretary for the school he has been attending?
7. What argument is made by Malenkov and Khrushchev concerning Beria?
8. Describe what role Khrushchev holds as ex-officio and what actions he is able to take in this position.
9. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
10. What is Khrushchev hoping as a result of his voluntary retirement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the political state in 1958. What is Khrushchev doing to contribute to this environment? What are the thoughts of the other political leaders during this time?
Discuss specifically other leaders' views and reasons for their views toward Khrushchev.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Khrushchev and Malenkov relationships. Is this friendship genuine? Why or why not? Is the relationship politically motivated? Explain your answer.
Discuss why this would be significant in the time after the fall of the Old Guard.
Essay Topic 3
What is the goal of the Anti-Stalinists? How do they try to attack Khrushchev? Are they successful? Discuss the different feelings concerning the party felt from this group. Support your answer with evidence from the book.
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)