|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Sergei die?
2. What group emphasizes economic improvement in 1917?
3. What type of leader is Khrushchev described as?
4. What, concerning peasants, does Khrushchev reject?
5. What is the economic climate of the Soviet Union in 1964?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev feel too inexperienced to head the Ukrainian Party?
2. What does Khrushchev do when elected party secretary for the school he has been attending?
3. Why does Khrushchev demand to be the lead person for agriculture upon becoming the party leader?
4. In 1943, what is Khrushchev's recommendation to Stalin?
5. Why should Khrushchev have listened to his children's warnings of conspiracy?
6. What does Khrushchev do as a chief political commissar?
7. What benefit does Khrushchev receive from having Ivan Pisarev as a friend?
8. What is the condition of Yuzovka by 1921?
9. What does Khrushchev begin to do while working as an apprentice?
10. Describe what role Khrushchev holds as ex-officio and what actions he is able to take in this position.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There were 5 major international events that stopped Khrushchev's visit to the United States. List and discuss each of these events. What was Khrushchev overall feeling about this missed visit to the US?
Essay Topic 2
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
Essay Topic 3
Why does the author break the book in the middle with a recap of the time spanning from 1917-1957? What is the purpose for this method? Is there any new information presented? Does this technique enhance the book?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)