|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khrushchev consider his colleagues during the war?
2. What does Khrushchev become head of in 1944?
3. What, concerning peasants, does Khrushchev reject?
4. Who becomes Khrushchev's assistant while head of the Ukrainian Party?
5. In 1912, why is Khrushchev fired from two different jobs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
2. What does Khrushchev do when elected party secretary for the school he has been attending?
3. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
4. What occurs as the Old Guard falls?
5. In 1943, what is Khrushchev's recommendation to Stalin?
6. How does Khrushchev feel about Stalin?
7. What type of students attend the academy that Khrushchev was accepted into?
8. Rather then vacationing during the summer of 1964, as was recommended, what does Khrushchev do instead?
9. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
10. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Ukraine before Khrushchev takes over. What changes does Khrushchev make to the country? What is the reaction to these changes by the people? By other political leaders? What is the state of the country after all the changes are implemented?
Essay Topic 2
What is the goal of the Anti-Stalinists? How do they try to attack Khrushchev? Are they successful? Discuss the different feelings concerning the party felt from this group. Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)