Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is murdered under Khrushchev's orders?
2. Who does Khrushchev marry in 1914?
3. Who does Khrushchev consider a self-aggrandizing, anti-Darwinist scientist?
4. What does the spetsgurppy refer to?
5. How long does Khrushchev attend formal schooling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev feel too inexperienced to head the Ukrainian Party?
2. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
3. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
4. What is Khrushchev involved in once he moves to Kharlov?
5. What is going on in 1945, compared to what Khrushchev tells Stalin is going on?
6. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
7. Unlike many of his colleagues, what does Khrushchev have a fascination about?
8. Why does Khrushchev begin to defend the people against his own government?
9. In 1943, what is Khrushchev's recommendation to Stalin?
10. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
Essay Topic 1
In 1954 the leadership is once again in turmoil. Discuss the actions from the following leaders: Khrushchev, Molotov, Kaganovich, Malenkov, and Voroshilov. Do these leaders find any solutions? Provide support for your answer from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the Great Patriotic War. How do citizens react or come together during this time? What role does Stalin play in this war? What role does Khrushchev play in this war?
Essay Topic 3
What are Khrushchev's motivations for his career in the beginning of the book? Do these motivations change by the end of his career? If yes, why? How do you think they changed? If no, how do you think Khrushchev managed to maintain these motivations throughout his career?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)