|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does Khrushchev attend formal schooling?
2. What does Stalin demand the Russification of?
3. How does the party test Khrushchev's loyalty in 1930?
4. When does Khrushchev join the Bolsheviks?
5. After the verbal assault on Khrushchev in 1964, what is he forced to do?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Khrushchev's experience with the Red Guard by 1918-1919?
2. What is the condition of Yuzovka by 1921?
3. What is going on in 1945, compared to what Khrushchev tells Stalin is going on?
4. What does Khrushchev do when elected party secretary for the school he has been attending?
5. How does Khrushchev feel about Stalin?
6. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
7. Why does Khrushchev's family flee Kiev?
8. What benefit does Khrushchev receive from having Ivan Pisarev as a friend?
9. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
10. Describe what role Khrushchev holds as ex-officio and what actions he is able to take in this position.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Gang of Eight. Who is this group? What is the goal of this group? What effect or influence does this group have?
Essay Topic 2
In 1954 the leadership is once again in turmoil. Discuss the actions from the following leaders: Khrushchev, Molotov, Kaganovich, Malenkov, and Voroshilov. Do these leaders find any solutions? Provide support for your answer from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship Khrushchev had with his wife. How does Khrushchev feel about her? How does she feel about him? Is this relationship solid? How does this relationship effect his political position and vise versa?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)