|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who becomes Khrushchev's assistant while head of the Ukrainian Party?
2. What is significant about the chemistry students that Khrushchev begins to work with?
3. How many missions does Lyonia fly before being shot down?
4. In 1953, approximately how many people die in labor camps?
5. When does Hitler invade Poland?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why should Khrushchev have listened to his children's warnings of conspiracy?
2. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
3. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
4. Why does Khrushchev begin to defend the people against his own government?
5. What occurs as the Old Guard falls?
6. Why does Khrushchev have Dovzhenko rehabilitated?
7. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
8. What is Khrushchev involved in once he moves to Kharlov?
9. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
10. What effect does Khrushchev's ability to tell stories have while trying to make connections?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Gang of Eight. Who is this group? What is the goal of this group? What effect or influence does this group have?
Essay Topic 2
What is the goal of the Anti-Stalinists? How do they try to attack Khrushchev? Are they successful? Discuss the different feelings concerning the party felt from this group. Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Khrushchev and Malenkov relationships. Is this friendship genuine? Why or why not? Is the relationship politically motivated? Explain your answer.
Discuss why this would be significant in the time after the fall of the Old Guard.
This section contains 1,427 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)