|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1912, why is Khrushchev fired from two different jobs?
2. Who is assassinated in Leningrad in 1934?
3. In October 1964, who is Khrushchev's chief ally?
4. What is the goal of the academy discussed in Chapter 5?
5. What does Stalin demand the Russification of?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev feel too inexperienced to head the Ukrainian Party?
2. In 1943, what is Khrushchev's recommendation to Stalin?
3. What does Khrushchev do as a chief political commissar?
4. Why should Khrushchev have listened to his children's warnings of conspiracy?
5. What is Khrushchev hoping as a result of his voluntary retirement?
6. How does Stalin feel about Khrushchev's reform plans?
7. Rather then vacationing during the summer of 1964, as was recommended, what does Khrushchev do instead?
8. Why does Khrushchev's family flee Kiev?
9. What is Khrushchev involved in once he moves to Kharlov?
10. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the goal of the Anti-Stalinists? How do they try to attack Khrushchev? Are they successful? Discuss the different feelings concerning the party felt from this group. Support your answer with evidence from the book.
Essay Topic 2
In 1954 the leadership is once again in turmoil. Discuss the actions from the following leaders: Khrushchev, Molotov, Kaganovich, Malenkov, and Voroshilov. Do these leaders find any solutions? Provide support for your answer from the book.
Essay Topic 3
There were 5 major international events that stopped Khrushchev's visit to the United States. List and discuss each of these events. What was Khrushchev overall feeling about this missed visit to the US?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)