|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Trotsky exiled?
2. When is Khrushchev named lieutenant general?
3. What are two main epidemics in the barracks in 1908?
4. What is Khrushchev expecting on March 1, 1953?
5. Where does Khrushchev's family live in luxury?
Short Essay Questions
1. As leader of Moscow's smallest district, how does Khrushchev prove himself?
2. What argument is made by Malenkov and Khrushchev concerning Beria?
3. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
4. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
5. In terms of percentages of resources, what does WWII take from the USSR and Ukraine?
6. What is the Bolsheviks' view on peasants?
7. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
8. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
9. Why does Khrushchev decline an invitation to serve as deputy head of the Soviet government?
10. Why does Khrushchev wear a mask when dealing with Beria?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Khrushchev and Malenkov relationships. Is this friendship genuine? Why or why not? Is the relationship politically motivated? Explain your answer.
Discuss why this would be significant in the time after the fall of the Old Guard.
Essay Topic 2
What are Khrushchev's motivations for his career in the beginning of the book? Do these motivations change by the end of his career? If yes, why? How do you think they changed? If no, how do you think Khrushchev managed to maintain these motivations throughout his career?
Essay Topic 3
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
This section contains 772 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)