|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When are Khrushchev's first children born?
2. What does Stalin think Voroshilov is during the 19th Congress in 1952?
3. What type of city does Khrushchev move to in 1908?
4. What does education offer men during the time discussed in Chapter 3?
5. What is life like for Khrushchev and the other men in the barracks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of students attend the academy that Khrushchev was accepted into?
2. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
3. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
4. In 1943, what is Khrushchev's recommendation to Stalin?
5. How does Stalin feel about Khrushchev's reform plans?
6. Why should Khrushchev have listened to his children's warnings of conspiracy?
7. What argument is made by Malenkov and Khrushchev concerning Beria?
8. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
9. Why does Khrushchev prefer pseudo-science?
10. What does Khrushchev do as a chief political commissar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Throughout much of the relationship between Stalin and Khrushchev, Khrushchev is often described as one of Stalin's favorites. When does this view change? Why does Stalin's view of Khrushchev change? Why is Stalin suddenly mistrusting of Khrushchev? Is the mistrust substantiated?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Marshall Plan. Who is involved in enacting this plan? How does this plan allow Stalin to pass the blame? Who does Stalin pass the blame to? What is Khrushchev's role in this Plan? Do you think the Marshall plan was effective for meeting Stalin's goals?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the political state in 1958. What is Khrushchev doing to contribute to this environment? What are the thoughts of the other political leaders during this time?
Discuss specifically other leaders' views and reasons for their views toward Khrushchev.
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)