|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is significant about the chemistry students that Khrushchev begins to work with?
2. What is the population of the town Khrushchev lives in in 1908?
3. At the academy, how many words of a foreign language are students supposed to learn?
4. Which district does Khrushchev take control of in 1930?
5. How many congressional delegates are arrested for counter-revolutionary crimes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What benefit does Khrushchev receive from having Ivan Pisarev as a friend?
2. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
3. Why should Khrushchev have listened to his children's warnings of conspiracy?
4. What is going on in 1945, compared to what Khrushchev tells Stalin is going on?
5. Why does Khrushchev's family flee Kiev?
6. What does Khrushchev do as a chief political commissar?
7. Why does Khrushchev wear a mask when dealing with Beria?
8. How does Khrushchev feel about Stalin?
9. In terms of percentages of resources, what does WWII take from the USSR and Ukraine?
10. Why does Khrushchev begin to defend the people against his own government?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Khrushchev's life overall. Do you feel he was respected within his own country? How did other political leaders feel about Khrushchev? Do you think Khrushchev accomplished his goals?
Essay Topic 2
How is Khrushchev's rise in leadership while he is in school described? What does he do to achieve this status? How does this effect his schooling? Who tests his loyalty and how is it tested?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the Great Patriotic War. How do citizens react or come together during this time? What role does Stalin play in this war? What role does Khrushchev play in this war?
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)