|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the goal of the academy discussed in Chapter 5?
2. What does education offer men during the time discussed in Chapter 3?
3. When is Khrushchev born?
4. Who takes over as party leader after Khrushchev leaves office?
5. When does the biggest tank battle in history take place?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of students attend the academy that Khrushchev was accepted into?
2. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
3. Why does Khrushchev feel too inexperienced to head the Ukrainian Party?
4. How does Khrushchev feel about Stalin?
5. What is going on in 1945, compared to what Khrushchev tells Stalin is going on?
6. Why does Khrushchev have Dovzhenko rehabilitated?
7. What is Khrushchev's experience with the Red Guard by 1918-1919?
8. What benefit does Khrushchev receive from having Ivan Pisarev as a friend?
9. What does Khrushchev begin to do while working as an apprentice?
10. What occurs as the Old Guard falls?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chapter 1 begins at the end. What is the purpose of this literary method? What information is presented that may assist with understanding the rest of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Describe the Marshall Plan. Who is involved in enacting this plan? How does this plan allow Stalin to pass the blame? Who does Stalin pass the blame to? What is Khrushchev's role in this Plan? Do you think the Marshall plan was effective for meeting Stalin's goals?
Essay Topic 3
How is Khrushchev's rise in leadership while he is in school described? What does he do to achieve this status? How does this effect his schooling? Who tests his loyalty and how is it tested?
This section contains 669 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)