|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khrushchev consider Malenkov and Bulganin to be?
2. Who is disowned by their father after joining the Komsomol?
3. What position does Khrushchev hold at a Red Square funeral?
4. How does Khrushchev's wife die?
5. When does Hitler invade Poland?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the condition of Yuzovka by 1921?
2. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
3. What is Khrushchev hoping as a result of his voluntary retirement?
4. How does Stalin feel about Khrushchev's reform plans?
5. Why does Khrushchev feel too inexperienced to head the Ukrainian Party?
6. What argument is made by Malenkov and Khrushchev concerning Beria?
7. In terms of percentages of resources, what does WWII take from the USSR and Ukraine?
8. Unlike many of his colleagues, what does Khrushchev have a fascination about?
9. What is Stalin's personality like after his heart attacks in 1954 and 1947?
10. What does Khrushchev begin to do while working as an apprentice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Describe the Marshall Plan. Who is involved in enacting this plan? How does this plan allow Stalin to pass the blame? Who does Stalin pass the blame to? What is Khrushchev's role in this Plan? Do you think the Marshall plan was effective for meeting Stalin's goals?
Essay Topic 2
After reading the entire book, reread Chapter 1. Discuss the purpose of starting at the end. What were the author's intentions? Is this an effective literary method? Do you think the book would have been as effective if a different method was used?
Essay Topic 3
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)