|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. During Chapter 7, where does Khrushchev's family flee to?
2. When does Khrushchev join the Bolsheviks?
3. When is Khrushchev dispatched to the head of the Ukrainian Party?
4. Where does Khrushchev go in 1908 to join his father?
5. What happens to Lenin in 1922 that leaves him an invalid until his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What benefit does Khrushchev receive from having Ivan Pisarev as a friend?
2. What is going on in 1945, compared to what Khrushchev tells Stalin is going on?
3. Why does Khrushchev decline an invitation to serve as deputy head of the Soviet government?
4. As leader of Moscow's smallest district, how does Khrushchev prove himself?
5. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
6. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
7. In terms of percentages of resources, what does WWII take from the USSR and Ukraine?
8. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
9. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
10. Why should Khrushchev have listened to his children's warnings of conspiracy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Stalin's mental faculties begin to deteriorate after a series of heart attacks. Do you think this mental illness was the result of the heart attacks or was it present all along?
Explain your answer with examples from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Chapter 1 begins at the end. What is the purpose of this literary method? What information is presented that may assist with understanding the rest of the book?
Essay Topic 3
How is Khrushchev's rise in leadership while he is in school described? What does he do to achieve this status? How does this effect his schooling? Who tests his loyalty and how is it tested?
This section contains 726 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)