|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Zhdanov and Voznesnsky form after the Old Guard falls?
2. What does Bolshevik demand political leaders to be?
3. Who does Khrushchev consider a self-aggrandizing, anti-Darwinist scientist?
4. What type of city does Khrushchev move to in 1908?
5. How many congressional delegates are arrested for counter-revolutionary crimes?
Short Essay Questions
1. Rather then vacationing during the summer of 1964, as was recommended, what does Khrushchev do instead?
2. Why does Khrushchev have Dovzhenko rehabilitated?
3. Why does Khrushchev prefer pseudo-science?
4. What is the condition of Yuzovka by 1921?
5. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
6. Why does Khrushchev demand to be the lead person for agriculture upon becoming the party leader?
7. What is the state of the Soviet Union in 1964?
8. Why does Khrushchev begin to defend the people against his own government?
9. Why does Khrushchev's family flee Kiev?
10. What is Khrushchev involved in once he moves to Kharlov?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Chapter 1 begins at the end. What is the purpose of this literary method? What information is presented that may assist with understanding the rest of the book?
Essay Topic 2
Throughout much of the relationship between Stalin and Khrushchev, Khrushchev is often described as one of Stalin's favorites. When does this view change? Why does Stalin's view of Khrushchev change? Why is Stalin suddenly mistrusting of Khrushchev? Is the mistrust substantiated?
Essay Topic 3
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)