|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Khrushchev become a full member of the Central Committee?
2. Who is disowned by their father after joining the Komsomol?
3. Who verbally assaults Khrushchev in 1964?
4. Where is Khrushchev born?
5. How does the party test Khrushchev's loyalty in 1930?
Short Essay Questions
1. Unlike many of his colleagues, what does Khrushchev have a fascination about?
2. What is Khrushchev's experience with the Red Guard by 1918-1919?
3. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
4. What does Khrushchev do as a chief political commissar?
5. In terms of percentages of resources, what does WWII take from the USSR and Ukraine?
6. Why does the author suggest that Khrushchev embraces revolution?
7. What does Khrushchev do when elected party secretary for the school he has been attending?
8. Why does Khrushchev demand to be the lead person for agriculture upon becoming the party leader?
9. As leader of Moscow's smallest district, how does Khrushchev prove himself?
10. What does Khrushchev begin to do while working as an apprentice?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the Gang of Eight. Who is this group? What is the goal of this group? What effect or influence does this group have?
Essay Topic 2
What are Khrushchev's plans in 1957 concerning industry, American agriculture, and the artistic intelligentsia? What are Khrushchev's recommendations during this time?
Discuss the reaction from the other political leaders (specifically Koganovich and Molotov) concerning Khrushchev's plans as well as their decisions for the plans.
What is the end result of Khrushchev's voicing these plans?
Essay Topic 3
How is Khrushchev's rise in leadership while he is in school described? What does he do to achieve this status? How does this effect his schooling? Who tests his loyalty and how is it tested?
This section contains 763 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)