|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is murdered under Khrushchev's orders?
2. What, concerning peasants, does Khrushchev reject?
3. Where does the biggest tank battle in history take place?
4. What is life like for Khrushchev and the other men in the barracks?
5. Who are Khrushchev's parents?
Short Essay Questions
1. Rather then vacationing during the summer of 1964, as was recommended, what does Khrushchev do instead?
2. Why does Khrushchev begin to defend the people against his own government?
3. Why does Khrushchev prefer pseudo-science?
4. Why can rivals underestimate Khrushchev?
5. Why should Khrushchev have listened to his children's warnings of conspiracy?
6. What is going on in 1945, compared to what Khrushchev tells Stalin is going on?
7. Why does Khrushchev feel too inexperienced to head the Ukrainian Party?
8. Why does Khrushchev demand to be the lead person for agriculture upon becoming the party leader?
9. As leader of Moscow's smallest district, how does Khrushchev prove himself?
10. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Khrushchev's life overall. Do you feel he was respected within his own country? How did other political leaders feel about Khrushchev? Do you think Khrushchev accomplished his goals?
Essay Topic 2
Why does the author break the book in the middle with a recap of the time spanning from 1917-1957? What is the purpose for this method? Is there any new information presented? Does this technique enhance the book?
Essay Topic 3
Stalin's mental faculties begin to deteriorate after a series of heart attacks. Do you think this mental illness was the result of the heart attacks or was it present all along?
Explain your answer with examples from the book.
This section contains 738 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)