|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What group emphasizes economic improvement in 1917?
2. By Kremlin standards, how is Khrushchev regarded?
3. How many hours per day does Khrushchev work as an apprentice?
4. What is life like for Khrushchev and the other men in the barracks?
5. In October 1964, who is Khrushchev's chief ally?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev demand to be the lead person for agriculture upon becoming the party leader?
2. What is the Bolsheviks' view on peasants?
3. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
4. What does Khrushchev begin to do while working as an apprentice?
5. Why should Khrushchev have listened to his children's warnings of conspiracy?
6. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
7. What is going on in 1945, compared to what Khrushchev tells Stalin is going on?
8. Why does Khrushchev prefer pseudo-science?
9. What does Khrushchev do as a chief political commissar?
10. Rather then vacationing during the summer of 1964, as was recommended, what does Khrushchev do instead?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship Khrushchev had with his wife. How does Khrushchev feel about her? How does she feel about him? Is this relationship solid? How does this relationship effect his political position and vise versa?
Essay Topic 2
What is Khrushchev's behavior like as a child and young adult? What influence in his life could be attributed to this behavior? How does this change when Khrushchev serves under Stalin? How does Khrushchev feel about this change in himself?
Essay Topic 3
After reading the entire book, reread Chapter 1. Discuss the purpose of starting at the end. What were the author's intentions? Is this an effective literary method? Do you think the book would have been as effective if a different method was used?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)