|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1912, why is Khrushchev fired from two different jobs?
2. Why does Khrushchev walk everywhere he goes?
3. During Chapter 7, where does Khrushchev's family flee to?
4. Where does Khrushchev's wife, Nina, work?
5. What does Khrushchev become head of in 1944?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev wear a mask when dealing with Beria?
2. Why does Khrushchev demand to be the lead person for agriculture upon becoming the party leader?
3. What is Khrushchev hoping as a result of his voluntary retirement?
4. Why does Khrushchev have Dovzhenko rehabilitated?
5. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
6. Why should Khrushchev have listened to his children's warnings of conspiracy?
7. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
8. What benefit does Khrushchev receive from having Ivan Pisarev as a friend?
9. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
10. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
Essay Topic 1
In 1954 the leadership is once again in turmoil. Discuss the actions from the following leaders: Khrushchev, Molotov, Kaganovich, Malenkov, and Voroshilov. Do these leaders find any solutions? Provide support for your answer from the book.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Khrushchev's life overall. Do you feel he was respected within his own country? How did other political leaders feel about Khrushchev? Do you think Khrushchev accomplished his goals?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship Khrushchev had with his wife. How does Khrushchev feel about her? How does she feel about him? Is this relationship solid? How does this relationship effect his political position and vise versa?
This section contains 1,455 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)