Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is murdered under Khrushchev's orders?
2. Who does Khrushchev marry in 1914?
3. Who does Khrushchev consider a self-aggrandizing, anti-Darwinist scientist?
4. What does the spetsgurppy refer to?
5. How long does Khrushchev attend formal schooling?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev feel too inexperienced to head the Ukrainian Party?
2. What problems follow Khrushchev to the academy?
3. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
4. What is Khrushchev involved in once he moves to Kharlov?
5. What is going on in 1945, compared to what Khrushchev tells Stalin is going on?
6. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
7. Unlike many of his colleagues, what does Khrushchev have a fascination about?
8. Why does Khrushchev begin to defend the people against his own government?
9. In 1943, what is Khrushchev's recommendation to Stalin?
10. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
Why does the author break the book in the middle with a recap of the time spanning from 1917-1957? What is the purpose for this method? Is there any new information presented? Does this technique enhance the book?
Discuss the Gang of Eight. Who is this group? What is the goal of this group? What effect or influence does this group have?
What are Khrushchev's motivations for his career in the beginning of the book? Do these motivations change by the end of his career? If yes, why? How do you think they changed? If no, how do you think Khrushchev managed to maintain these motivations throughout his career?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)