|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What political positions does Khrushchev hold?
2. When does the biggest tank battle in history take place?
3. What are two main epidemics in the barracks in 1908?
4. What is Khrushchev accused of during the verbal assault in 1964?
5. What is Khrushchev expecting on March 1, 1953?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev's family flee Kiev?
2. What is Khrushchev's experience with the Red Guard by 1918-1919?
3. Why does Khrushchev begin to defend the people against his own government?
4. What does Khrushchev do when elected party secretary for the school he has been attending?
5. Why does Khrushchev wear a mask when dealing with Beria?
6. What effect does Khrushchev's ability to tell stories have while trying to make connections?
7. What is Khrushchev's mother like?
8. What is the condition of Yuzovka by 1921?
9. Why does politics divert Khrushchev's educational plans?
10. Why does Khrushchev demand to be the lead person for agriculture upon becoming the party leader?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
After reading the entire book, reread Chapter 1. Discuss the purpose of starting at the end. What were the author's intentions? Is this an effective literary method? Do you think the book would have been as effective if a different method was used?
Essay Topic 2
There were 5 major international events that stopped Khrushchev's visit to the United States. List and discuss each of these events. What was Khrushchev overall feeling about this missed visit to the US?
Essay Topic 3
What is Khrushchev's behavior like as a child and young adult? What influence in his life could be attributed to this behavior? How does this change when Khrushchev serves under Stalin? How does Khrushchev feel about this change in himself?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)