|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many citizens march for Stalin in his home of Georgia?
2. What must Khrushchev face when he returns to the Soviet Union in October of 1960?
(a) Financial decline.
(b) Overturned government.
(c) Agricultural crisis.
(d) Fall of Stalin.
3. What does Khrushchev compare the 5 major international events to?
(a) Playing chess in the dark.
(b) The end of civilization.
(c) A rat race.
(d) Children fighting.
4. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) Political campaign.
(b) Peasant workers.
(c) International relations.
(d) Astrakhan harvest.
5. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Khrushchev's reaction to the vote by the Presidium in 1959?
2. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
3. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
4. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
5. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
2. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
3. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
4. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
5. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
6. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
7. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
8. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
9. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
10. Why is the Central Committee's confirmation to divide the parties cause for bewilderment?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)