|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
(a) Defeat United States.
(b) Defeat Castro.
(c) Protect United States.
(d) Protect Castro.
2. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
(a) Labor strikes.
(b) Increased farming revenue.
(c) Capital gains for the government.
(d) Increased wages for factory workers.
3. Who does Khrushchev call a meeting with in July of 1958?
(a) The Big Four plus India.
(d) The Big Four.
4. What does every U-2 mission require?
(a) Khrushchev's approval.
(b) A practice run.
(c) Presidential authorization.
(d) Five soldiers.
5. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of existence does Khrushchev demand with the United States?
2. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
3. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
4. Discussed in Chapter 13, who does Khrushchev negotiate with to set up a provisional government?
5. What has declined in the Soviet Union since Stalin's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
2. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
3. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
4. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
5. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
6. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
7. What is the purpose of camp literature?
8. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
9. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
10. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)