|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
2. What does every U-2 mission require?
(a) Presidential authorization.
(b) Khrushchev's approval.
(c) Five soldiers.
(d) A practice run.
3. On October 31, where does Khrushchev state they need to restore order in?
(d) East Germany.
4. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
(a) Community relations.
(b) Foreign Policy.
5. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
Short Answer Questions
1. By how much does Khrushchev rise retail prices on farm products in 1962?
2. As discussed in Chapter 14, what is Khrushchev defenseless against?
3. What is Khrushchev obsessed with that he keeps silent about while at Camp David?
4. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
5. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
2. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
3. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
4. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
5. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
6. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
7. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
8. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
9. What is the purpose of camp literature?
10. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)