|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
2. What does Khrushchev look for from the United States in 1958?
(a) Approval for increased military support from the U.S.
(b) The President's approval of his plans.
(c) Invitation to visit.
(d) A peace treaty.
3. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
4. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
5. Discussed in Chapter 13, who does Khrushchev negotiate with to set up a provisional government?
(a) The Poles.
(b) The Czechs.
(c) The Spanish.
(d) The Germans.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Khrushchev's first press conference?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
3. Who does Stalin support during WWII simply to appease the US?
4. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
5. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
2. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
3. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
4. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
5. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
6. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
7. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
8. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
9. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
10. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
This section contains 695 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)