|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
(a) Protect Castro.
(b) Defeat Castro.
(c) Protect United States.
(d) Defeat United States.
2. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
3. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
(a) End the War.
(b) Create an alliance with East Germany.
(c) Step down as party leader.
(d) Vote in favor of the Gang of Eight.
4. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
5. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
(a) The Czech Republic.
(b) The Suez Canal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Khrushchev obsessed with that he keeps silent about while at Camp David?
2. What does Khrushchev demand on November 10, 1958?
3. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
4. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
5. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
This section contains 191 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)