|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does every U-2 mission require?
(a) Five soldiers.
(b) Presidential authorization.
(c) Khrushchev's approval.
(d) A practice run.
2. Discussed in Chapter 13, who does Khrushchev negotiate with to set up a provisional government?
(a) The Poles.
(b) The Germans.
(c) The Czechs.
(d) The Spanish.
3. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
(a) Protect United States.
(b) Defeat Castro.
(c) Defeat United States.
(d) Protect Castro.
4. By how much does Khrushchev rise retail prices on farm products in 1962?
5. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 4 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
2. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
3. What does Khrushchev look for from the United States in 1958?
4. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
5. How many chief assistants does Khrushchev have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
2. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
3. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
4. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
5. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
6. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
7. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
8. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
9. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
10. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
This section contains 676 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)