|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Khrushchev restore from exile after Stalin's death?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
3. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
(a) Demand the release of the pilot.
(c) They never find out the pilot was captured.
(d) Comes clean.
4. What has declined in the Soviet Union since Stalin's death?
(a) Political power.
(d) International relations.
5. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
Short Answer Questions
1. What must Khrushchev face when he returns to the Soviet Union in October of 1960?
2. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
3. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
4. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
5. How many chief assistants does Khrushchev have?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
2. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
3. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
4. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
5. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
6. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
7. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
8. What is the purpose of camp literature?
9. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
10. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)