|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Khrushchev demand on November 10, 1958?
(a) The fall of Berlin.
(b) Status of Berlin be normalized.
(c) Take over of Berlin.
(d) The freeing for the people in Berlin.
2. What do JFK's advisers suggest he avoid during a meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna?
(a) Idealogical arguments.
(b) Talk of Cuba.
(c) Signing any treaties.
(d) Talk of West Berlin.
3. What does Khrushchev compare the 5 major international events to?
(a) Playing chess in the dark.
(b) The end of civilization.
(c) A rat race.
(d) Children fighting.
4. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
(a) Increased wages for factory workers.
(b) Increased farming revenue.
(c) Capital gains for the government.
(d) Labor strikes.
5. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does every U-2 mission require?
2. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
3. Discussed in Chapter 13, who does Khrushchev negotiate with to set up a provisional government?
4. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
5. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
2. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
3. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
4. What is the purpose of camp literature?
5. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
6. Why is the Central Committee's confirmation to divide the parties cause for bewilderment?
7. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
8. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
9. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
10. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)