|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What must Khrushchev face when he returns to the Soviet Union in October of 1960?
(a) Financial decline.
(b) Agricultural crisis.
(c) Overturned government.
(d) Fall of Stalin.
2. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
3. What do JFK's advisers suggest he avoid during a meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna?
(a) Idealogical arguments.
(b) Talk of Cuba.
(c) Signing any treaties.
(d) Talk of West Berlin.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
(a) Because of a poor economy.
(b) Becasue of protestors.
(c) The war continues.
(d) Because they fear Khrushchev.
5. Who does Khrushchev call a meeting with in July of 1958?
(a) The Big Four plus India.
(c) The Big Four.
Short Answer Questions
1. Discussed in Chapter 13, who does Khrushchev negotiate with to set up a provisional government?
2. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
3. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
4. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
5. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
2. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
3. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
4. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
5. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
6. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
7. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
8. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
9. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
10. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)