|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do JFK's advisers suggest he avoid during a meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna?
(a) Talk of West Berlin.
(b) Signing any treaties.
(c) Idealogical arguments.
(d) Talk of Cuba.
2. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) International relations.
(b) Peasant workers.
(c) Astrakhan harvest.
(d) Political campaign.
3. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
(b) They never find out the pilot was captured.
(c) Comes clean.
(d) Demand the release of the pilot.
4. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
(a) Succeed in overthrowing small governments.
(b) They give up.
(c) Sent to prison camps.
(d) Sentenced to death.
5. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
(b) Liberal intellectuals.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Khrushchev obsessed with that he keeps silent about while at Camp David?
2. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
3. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
4. Where does Khrushchev want to address the West Berlin issues with JFK?
5. Who does Khrushchev call a meeting with in July of 1958?
Short Essay Questions
1. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
2. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
3. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
4. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
5. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
6. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
7. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
8. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
9. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
10. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)