|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long does Khrushchev attach Stalin's abuse of power?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 4 hours.
(c) 2 hours.
(d) 1 hour.
2. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
3. What is Khrushchev's logic for getting nuclear weapons into Cuba?
4. What political issues is Troyanovsky the chief of?
(b) Foregin policy.
(c) Culture and ideology.
(d) General Affairs.
5. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
(a) Increased farming revenue.
(b) Capital gains for the government.
(c) Labor strikes.
(d) Increased wages for factory workers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khrushchev compare the 5 major international events to?
2. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
3. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
4. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
5. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
2. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
3. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
4. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
5. What is the purpose of camp literature?
6. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
7. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
8. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
9. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
10. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)