|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Khrushchev restore from exile after Stalin's death?
2. How many citizens march for Stalin in his home of Georgia?
3. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
(a) Comes clean.
(c) Demand the release of the pilot.
(d) They never find out the pilot was captured.
4. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
(a) Succeed in overthrowing small governments.
(b) Sent to prison camps.
(c) They give up.
(d) Sentenced to death.
5. What does Khrushchev look for from the United States in 1958?
(a) Approval for increased military support from the U.S.
(b) The President's approval of his plans.
(c) Invitation to visit.
(d) A peace treaty.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
2. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
3. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
4. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
5. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
2. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
3. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
4. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
5. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
6. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
7. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
8. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
9. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
10. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)