|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
2. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
3. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
4. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
(a) East-West Peace treaty.
(b) America First.
(c) U.N Relations Policies.
(d) Geneva Convention.
5. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
2. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
3. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
4. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
5. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
2. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
3. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
4. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
5. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
6. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
7. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
8. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
9. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
10. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)