|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
2. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) Peasant workers.
(b) International relations.
(c) Political campaign.
(d) Astrakhan harvest.
3. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
(c) Following his plan.
4. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
(a) 2.5 million.
(c) 4.6 million.
5. What does Khrushchev demand in March of 1963 concerning the military?
(a) Cut in size.
(b) Increase size.
(c) Train on nuclear weapons.
(d) Unite with Cuba.
Short Answer Questions
1. On October 31, where does Khrushchev state they need to restore order in?
2. What has declined in the Soviet Union since Stalin's death?
3. What does Khrushchev demand on November 10, 1958?
4. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
5. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
2. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
3. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
4. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
5. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
6. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
7. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
8. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
9. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
10. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)