|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Khrushchev's reaction to the vote by the Presidium in 1959?
(a) Accepts it.
(b) Reverses it.
(c) He is not made aware of it until 1960.
(d) Makes various addendums.
2. What policy alienates the Chinese and creates false holes in the Soviet Union?
(a) East-West Peace treaty.
(b) Geneva Convention.
(c) America First.
(d) U.N Relations Policies.
3. Who makes charges of adventurism and capitulation against Khrushchev?
(a) United States.
4. Who does Khrushchev call a meeting with in July of 1958?
(b) The Big Four.
(c) The Big Four plus India.
5. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) Astrakhan harvest.
(b) Peasant workers.
(c) Political campaign.
(d) International relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
2. What is the ultimate result of Khrushchev raising prices on farm products?
3. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
4. What does every U-2 mission require?
5. Discussed in Chapter 13, who does Khrushchev negotiate with to set up a provisional government?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
2. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
3. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
4. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
5. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
6. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
7. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
8. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
9. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
10. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)