|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the U.S. respond to the U-2 incident that led to the capture of a U.S. pilot?
(a) Demand the release of the pilot.
(c) They never find out the pilot was captured.
(d) Comes clean.
2. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
3. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
4. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
5. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
(a) False hope for peace.
(b) Poor intelligence.
(c) Failing economy.
(d) May Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Khrushchev and the Gang of Eight meet during Chapter 12?
2. What does Khrushchev compare the 5 major international events to?
3. In Chapter 12, who does the Gang of Eight recruit?
4. What do JFK's advisers suggest he avoid during a meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna?
5. What has declined in the Soviet Union since Stalin's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
2. Why is the Central Committee's confirmation to divide the parties cause for bewilderment?
3. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
4. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
5. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
6. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
7. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
8. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
9. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
10. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
This section contains 700 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)