|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
2. Whose views does Khrushchev denounce in Chapter 17?
3. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
(c) Following his plan.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
(a) The war continues.
(b) Because of a poor economy.
(c) Becasue of protestors.
(d) Because they fear Khrushchev.
5. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has declined in the Soviet Union since Stalin's death?
2. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
3. What are Kennedy's advisers called?
4. What must Khrushchev face when he returns to the Soviet Union in October of 1960?
5. What does Khrushchev look for from the United States in 1958?
Short Essay Questions
1. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
2. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
3. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
4. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
5. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
6. What is the purpose of camp literature?
7. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
8. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
9. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
10. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)