|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As discussed in Chapter 14, what is Khrushchev defenseless against?
(a) His own weaknesses.
(d) The 21st Congress.
2. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
3. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
(a) Astrakhan harvest.
(b) Peasant workers.
(c) International relations.
(d) Political campaign.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
(a) The war continues.
(b) Because of a poor economy.
(c) Becasue of protestors.
(d) Because they fear Khrushchev.
5. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who do the people blame for the food shortages in 1961?
2. Discussed in Chapter 13, what does Khrushchev feel that Germany, France, and Italy will do?
3. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
4. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
5. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
2. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
3. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
4. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
5. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
6. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
7. What is the purpose of camp literature?
8. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
9. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
10. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)