|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
2. When is Khrushchev's draft program established?
3. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
(a) The Chinese.
(c) The Kremlin.
4. In the beginning of Chapter 14, who is indicated as the USSR's leading war hero?
5. What do planners of Operation Grandslam hope keeps the Soviets unprepared?
(a) May Day.
(b) False hope for peace.
(c) Poor intelligence.
(d) Failing economy.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Khrushchev's plan to divide the party realized?
2. What do JFK's advisers suggest he avoid during a meeting with Khrushchev in Vienna?
3. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
4. What is Khrushchev's logic for getting nuclear weapons into Cuba?
5. When is Khrushchev's first press conference?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
2. What is the purpose of camp literature?
3. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
4. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
5. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
6. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
7. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
8. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
9. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
10. Why is the Central Committee's confirmation to divide the parties cause for bewilderment?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)