|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
2. Who is responsible for writing Khrushchev's speeches?
(b) The Writers Guild.
(d) The Press Group.
3. Discussed in Chapter 13, what does Khrushchev feel that Germany, France, and Italy will do?
(a) Stop trade with Russia.
(b) Create alliances with Poland.
(c) Increase their military presence.
(d) Start a revolution.
4. What does Khrushchev take control of before defeating the "anti-party" group?
(a) Community relations.
(c) Foreign Policy.
5. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
(a) Defeat Castro.
(b) Defeat United States.
(c) Protect Castro.
(d) Protect United States.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Khrushchev call a meeting with in July of 1958?
2. What does Khrushchev report positively on to the Presidium during Chapter 17?
3. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
4. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
5. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
2. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
3. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
4. Why is the Central Committee's confirmation to divide the parties cause for bewilderment?
5. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
6. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
7. What is the purpose of camp literature?
8. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
9. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
10. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)