|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Discussed in Chapter 13, what does Khrushchev feel that Germany, France, and Italy will do?
(a) Start a revolution.
(b) Increase their military presence.
(c) Create alliances with Poland.
(d) Stop trade with Russia.
2. How many party leaders and citizens are involved in discussions for implementing Khrushchev's draft program?
(a) 4.6 million.
(c) 2.5 million.
3. Where does Khrushchev want to address the West Berlin issues with JFK?
(a) United States.
(c) G8 summitt.
(d) The UN General Assembly.
4. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
(c) The Czech Republic.
(d) The Suez Canal.
5. In what year does the Red Army invade Poland?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Khrushchev demand in March of 1963 concerning the military?
2. On May 22, what country does Khrushchev claim the USSR will overtake?
3. What does the Presidium vote against in 1959?
4. Who does Stalin betray in Chapter 11?
5. Who is the driving force behind the 1962 anti-Stalin campaign?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
2. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
3. How does Khrushchev describe Mikoyan in 1957?
4. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
5. How do Khrushchev's ideologies effect his takeover of foreign policy?
6. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
7. Why is the Central Committee's confirmation to divide the parties cause for bewilderment?
8. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
9. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
10. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
This section contains 647 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)