|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose control should the capital of the German Democratic Republic be under?
2. What does every U-2 mission require?
(a) Five soldiers.
(b) Presidential authorization.
(c) A practice run.
(d) Khrushchev's approval.
3. Discussed in Chapter 13, what does Khrushchev feel that Germany, France, and Italy will do?
(a) Start a revolution.
(b) Stop trade with Russia.
(c) Increase their military presence.
(d) Create alliances with Poland.
4. By how much does Khrushchev rise retail prices on farm products in 1962?
5. What U.S. pilot is captured by the Soviets after parachuting out of his downed plane?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
2. The 20th Congress is the first regularly scheduled Congress since when?
3. What is the goal of the Russians during Chapter 19?
4. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
5. What is Khrushchev's emphasis for party official?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the Central Committee condemn Zhukov?
2. What is the agricultural harvest like in 1958?
3. What evidence suggests Khrushchev's "Top Secret" speech was meant to be leaked?
4. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
5. Discuss what happens to religion after 1961 under Khrushchev.
6. What is Khrushchev's response when a deputy foreign minister mentions the captured pilot?
7. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
8. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
9. Why is Khrushchev having nightmares about peace?
10. What does Khrushchev want from the trip to Cuba?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)