|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Khrushchev demand in March of 1963 concerning the military?
(a) Increase size.
(b) Train on nuclear weapons.
(c) Unite with Cuba.
(d) Cut in size.
2. What is Khrushchev's logic for getting nuclear weapons into Cuba?
3. What does Khrushchev demand on November 10, 1958?
(a) The fall of Berlin.
(b) The freeing for the people in Berlin.
(c) Take over of Berlin.
(d) Status of Berlin be normalized.
4. In what year does the 20th Congress reconvene?
5. What is Khrushchev demanded to do on June 20?
(a) Step down as party leader.
(b) Create an alliance with East Germany.
(c) End the War.
(d) Vote in favor of the Gang of Eight.
Short Answer Questions
1. In 1956, what does Cairo nationalize?
2. Who does Khrushchev send to Havana?
3. When is Khrushchev's first press conference?
4. What does the Presidium vote against in 1959?
5. Who is blamed for proposing the first nuclear strike?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the U.S. demand a period of relative quiet?
2. Why does Khrushchev somewhat fear the bombing plans discussed in Chapter 13?
3. What is the purpose of camp literature?
4. Why is the U.S. twice tarnished during summit meetings?
5. How are Khrushchev and the government feeling after congress meets in 1956?
6. What occurs at the Soviet Defense Council meeting discussed in Chapter 19?
7. What does Khrushchev discuss during the 22nd Congress?
8. Why is the pro-Khrushchev petition accepted?
9. Why do foreign ministers meet in Geneva on May 11?
10. What is Khrushchev's agenda in attending the UN General Assembly in 1960?
This section contains 683 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)