|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to hundreds of protestors in 1957?
(a) Sent to prison camps.
(b) Sentenced to death.
(c) Succeed in overthrowing small governments.
(d) They give up.
2. After leading a battalion, Khrushchev is promoted to an instructor of what?
(a) Ninth Army Political Department.
(b) Red Leader.
(d) Bolshevik Elite.
3. Stalin becomes nervous and paranoid after the fall of what country?
4. Where does Khrushchev find work in 1914?
(a) Shoe factory.
(b) In the mines.
(c) Machine repair shop.
(d) Weapons factory.
5. In 1953, approximately how many people die in labor camps?
(a) 1 billion.
(b) 1 million.
(d) 2.5 million.
Short Answer Questions
1. Discussed in Chapter 13, who does Khrushchev negotiate with to set up a provisional government?
2. What is the economic climate of the Soviet Union in 1964?
3. In the beginning of Chapter 12, why does the Central Committee panic?
4. When does Hitler invade Poland?
5. Who becomes Khrushchev's assistant while head of the Ukrainian Party?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)