Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Chapter 1 Abstract
* Chapter 1 describes the beginning of the end.
* The year is 1964 and Khrushchev comes under strong criticism and opposition.
Chapter 2 Abstract
* Khrushchev makes it clear that he is not ashamed of his work.
* His career has assumed that friends would take over his various positions within the government.
Chapter 3 Abstract
* Khrushchev's first 14 years of desperate...
This section contains 1,644 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)