Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hale surmise Mrs. Wright was going to do with the bird?
2. What is half-sifted when Mrs. Hale departs her kitchen in the beginning of the story?
3. What theater troupe, of which Glaspell was a member, produced a one-act play with the same plot as A Jury of Her Peers?
4. Who states in the short story, "women are used to worrying over trifles"?
5. What is the title of the original newspaper article upon which A Jury of Her Peers is based?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mr. Henderson discover broken in the cupboard?
2. How does Mrs. Hale recall Mrs. Wright? What significance does this have in interpreting Minnie's character?
3. What causes Mr. Hale to backtrack in his description of Mrs. Wright's demeanor in his interview with the county attorney?
4. How is the theme of female loyalty illustrated in the story?
5. What thoughts does Mrs. Hale have of the Wright residence when the carriage arrives?
6. How is Sheriff Peters described in the beginning of the narrative?
7. Why had Mr. Hale stopped at the Wrights' property the previous day?
8. What close call do the women face in the climax of the story regarding the evidence?
9. What is discovered about the birdcage which is uncanny by the two women?
10. What leads Mr. Henderson to the conclusion that Mrs. Wright is a bad housekeeper?
Analyze and discuss the character of Minnie Wright in comparison with Margaret Hossack. How was Margaret Hossack described in the articles about the Hossack trial?
Describe and discuss the character of Mrs. Peters and her relationship to the other characters in the narrative. What characteristics is Mrs. Peters described as having? What is Mrs. Peters' objective in the story?
Discuss the foreshadowing from the opening scene in the narrative. What clue does the reader gain as to future events in the story? How is the foreshadowing highlighted by the author?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)