|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who states in the short story, "women are used to worrying over trifles"?
(a) Mr. Hale.
(b) Mrs. Peters.
(c) Mr. Henderson.
(d) Mr. Peters.
2. What was Mrs. Wright's response when Mr. Hale asked her, "Who did this, Mrs. Wright?"
(a) "I don't know."
(b) "A burglar did it."
(c) "I did it."
(d) "My son did it."
3. Susan Glaspell wrote A Jury of Her Peers based on the Hossack murder which she discovered working as _____________.
(a) An actress.
(b) A judge.
(c) A lawyer.
(d) A journalist.
4. Mrs. Hale recalled that upon meeting Mrs. Peters the first time she didn't seem like _____________.
(a) A mormon.
(b) A mother.
(c) A sheriff's wife.
(d) A republican.
5. To what road did Harry go to use the telephone the previous day?
(a) High Road.
(b) 14th Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Low Road.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the previous sheriff in the county before Sheriff Peters?
2. Of Mrs. Hale, Susan Glaspell writes, "the fact that she had lived neighbor to that girl for twenty years, and had let her die for" what was more than she could bear?
3. Whose "hands aren't always as clean as they might be," according to Mrs. Hale?
4. When alone with Mrs. Peters, Mrs. Hale asks, "I wonder how it would seem never to have had any" what?
5. Mrs. Hale tells Mr. Henderson that she rarely visited the Wright home because it didn't seem very ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Mrs. Hale ask Mrs. Peters her opinion on the guilt of Mrs. Wright? What is her reply?
2. How does Mrs. Peters attempt to maintain objectiveness with Mrs. Hale when she concludes Minnie's innocence?
3. What did Mrs. Wright do when Mr. Hale attempted to make small talk?
4. How is the character of Mr. Wright revealed in Mr. Hale's story?
5. What condescending comments are made of the women as the men disappear upstairs?
6. What leads Mrs. Hale to the conclusion that Mr. Wright killed the bird?
7. What leads Mr. Henderson to the conclusion that Mrs. Wright is a bad housekeeper?
8. When Mr. Hale questioned Mrs. Wright about her husband's murder, what did she inform him?
9. What is the response of the men when they discover the women examining the sewing basket?
10. How did Mrs. Wright inform Mr. Hale of her husband's location and means of death?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)