|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had Mr. Hale been going to town to sell the previous morning?
2. Mrs. Hale is startled by hearing Mrs. Peters say: "A person gets discouraged -- and loses" what?
3. What does Mrs. Peters say Mrs. Wright was frightened of in her house the previous day?
(a) Her bird.
(b) A spider.
(c) Her cat.
(d) Her husband.
4. Mr. Hale had come by the previous day to ask Mr. Wright if he wanted what installed?
(a) Gas heating.
(c) A fence post.
(d) A telephone.
5. Susan Glaspell wrote A Jury of Her Peers following the production of what play of the same plot and subject?
(b) Vanishing Evidence.
(c) The Quiet Farmhouse.
(d) Little Things.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is half-sifted when Mrs. Hale departs her kitchen in the beginning of the story?
2. When discussing the case with the sheriff, the county attorney marks that the crime was committed in what way?
3. Whose "hands aren't always as clean as they might be," according to Mrs. Hale?
4. Who has been murdered in A Jury of Her Peers?
5. The Wrights' home is located in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Henderson explain the need for a motive in the case to the sheriff?
2. When Mr. Hale questioned Mrs. Wright about her husband's murder, what did she inform him?
3. What indication does Mrs. Wright give in front of Mr. Henderson that Mr. Wright was unpleasant?
4. What does Mrs. Hale discover in the box in Mrs. Wright's sewing basket? What does she do with it?
5. What does Mr. Hale describe when he knocked at the Wrights' door the previous day?
6. What leads Mr. Henderson to the conclusion that Mrs. Wright is a bad housekeeper?
7. What close call do the women face in the climax of the story regarding the evidence?
8. What does Mrs. Hale hope her husband will do in retelling the previous day's events? Why?
9. What is the response of the men when they discover the women examining the sewing basket?
10. What does Mr. Hale respond when questioned about how Mrs. Wright appeared when he'd arrived the previous day?
This section contains 966 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)