|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Hale say "have their hands full" to Mr. Henderson?
(c) Farmers' wives.
2. When was John Hossack murdered?
3. Where do the men first gather upon entering the Wright house at the beginning of the story?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The stove.
(c) The doorway.
(d) The bedroom.
4. Who enters the house near the end of the story saying, "I've got the team round now. Pretty cold out there"?
(a) Mrs. Hale.
(b) Mrs. Peters.
(c) Sheriff Peters.
(d) Mr. Hale.
5. What does Mrs. Peters notice about the bird cage?
(a) It is missing a panel.
(b) The door is broken.
(c) There is no cover.
(d) It leans to the side.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had the sheriff sent to make a fire at the Wright house that morning in the story?
2. To whose house did Harry go to use the telephone the previous day?
3. Mrs. Wright's shawl always hangs on what?
4. In what year did Susan Glaspell die?
5. The Wrights' home is located in what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What did Mrs. Wright do when Mr. Hale attempted to make small talk?
2. What causes Mr. Hale to backtrack in his description of Mrs. Wright's demeanor in his interview with the county attorney?
3. What did Mrs. Wright reply when Mr. Hale asked to see Mr. Wright?
4. What is suspicious about the choice of weapon used in the murder? What do the women remark about it?
5. What does Mrs. Peters say in response to Mrs. Hale berating herself for not visiting Minnie?
6. What does Mr. Henderson discover broken in the cupboard?
7. How does Mrs. Peters describe her understanding of stillness in the narrative?
8. How do the men respond to Mrs. Wright's worry about her preserves?
9. Who went for help after discovering Mr. Wright's body? What did Mr. Hale discuss with Mrs. Wright?
10. How does Mrs. Hale feel about leaving her kitchen in the beginning of the story? Why?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)