|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When discussing the case with the sheriff, the county attorney marks that the crime was committed in what way?
2. Susan Glaspell wrote A Jury of Her Peers based on the Hossack murder which she discovered working as _____________.
(a) A lawyer.
(b) An actress.
(c) A judge.
(d) A journalist.
3. The county attorney asks himself before exiting with the men, "But would the women know a ____ if they did come upon it?"
4. What does Mrs. Hale discover under the cloth in Mrs. Wright's sewing basket?
(a) A dead mouse.
(b) A pretty box.
(c) A gun.
5. What does Mrs. Hale suggest when Mrs. Peters questions what happened to Mrs. Wright's bird?
(a) "I suppose maybe the cat got it."
(b) "She gave it away."
(c) "I think it flew away."
(d) "It died of old age."
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mrs. Wright's maiden name?
2. When was the play Trifles first produced?
3. What does Mr. Hale tell the county attorney his first thought was, upon seeing Mr. Wright?
4. In her despair, Mrs. Hail says, "I tell you, it's queer, Mrs. Peters. We live close together, and we" what?
5. Mrs. Hale tells Mr. Henderson that she rarely visited the Wright home because it didn't seem very ________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is discovered by Mrs. Peters in the stitching of Mrs. Wright's quilt?
2. What is discovered about the birdcage which is uncanny by the two women?
3. What did Mrs. Wright do when Mr. Hale attempted to make small talk?
4. How is Mrs. Peters described through Mrs. Hale's thoughts in the beginning of the narrative?
5. How does Mrs. Hale begin to piece together the signs of anger in the Wrights' house?
6. What close call do the women face in the climax of the story regarding the evidence?
7. What foreshadowing is used in the opening scene of A Jury of Her Peers?
8. How does Mrs. Peters attempt to maintain objectiveness with Mrs. Hale when she concludes Minnie's innocence?
9. How is the theme of female loyalty illustrated in the story?
10. What does Mrs. Hale discover in the box in Mrs. Wright's sewing basket? What does she do with it?
This section contains 1,022 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)