|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Susan Glaspell wrote A Jury of Her Peers following the production of what play of the same plot and subject?
(a) Vanishing Evidence.
(b) The Quiet Farmhouse.
(d) Little Things.
2. What was Mrs. Wright's response when Mr. Hale asked her "Then why can't I see him?" after he was informed Mr. Wright was home?
(a) "Cause he's sleeping.."
(b) "Cause he's working."
(c) "Cause he's bathing."
(d) "Cause he's dead."
3. What was the name of Susan Glaspell's father?
(a) Forrest C. Glaspell.
(b) James. R. Glaspell.
(c) Elmer S. Glaspell.
(d) Theodore L. Glaspell.
4. How many men are waiting in the two-seated buggy when Mrs. Hale goes out to join them in the beginning of the story?
5. What did Mrs. Hale feel she should take her hand off of once the men reentered, but found herself unable to do so?
(a) The sugar bowl.
(b) The sewing basket.
(c) The table.
(d) The quilt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of trees surround the Wright home?
2. Who stands accused of murder in A Jury of Her Peers?
3. The county attorney asserts that there is "no sign at all of anyone having" what?
4. In what month does the story take place?
5. When Mrs. Peters asks if Mrs. Wright had a bird, Mrs. Hale replies that there was a man in town selling what the year before?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes Mr. Hale to backtrack in his description of Mrs. Wright's demeanor in his interview with the county attorney?
2. What does Mrs. Wright consider about the rocking chair in the Wrights' home? How is it described?
3. What happens after Mr. Hale finishes his story of the previous day's events?
4. How does Mr. Henderson explain the need for a motive in the case to the sheriff?
5. How is the theme of female loyalty illustrated in the story?
6. How did Mrs. Wright inform Mr. Hale of her husband's location and means of death?
7. What did Mrs. Wright reply when Mr. Hale asked to see Mr. Wright?
8. Who went for help after discovering Mr. Wright's body? What did Mr. Hale discuss with Mrs. Wright?
9. What did Mrs. Wright do when Mr. Hale attempted to make small talk?
10. Why had Mr. Hale stopped at the Wrights' property the previous day?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)