|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Peters look for to wrap Mrs. Wright's clothing in?
(a) Paper and string.
(c) A pillowcase.
(d) Silk fabric.
2. Mrs. Hale muses, "Not having children makes less work, but it makes" what?
(a) No sense.
(b) Things too peaceful.
(c) Life boring.
(d) A quiet house.
3. Mrs. Hale suggests that Mrs. Peters not tell Mrs. Wright what?
(a) The dishes weren't done.
(b) Her stitching was off.
(c) The fruit is ruined.
(d) They found the bird.
4. What does Mrs. Hale suggest Mrs. Peters take with her to Mrs. Wright at the jail, to "take up her mind"?
(a) The bird.
(b) The quilt.
(c) The rope.
(d) A photo album.
5. Mrs. Hale is startled by hearing Mrs. Peters say: "A person gets discouraged -- and loses" what?
Short Answer Questions
1. In what city did Glaspell work when she covered the murder trial of John Hossack?
2. Who had the sheriff sent off "for that man who went crazy" yesterday in the story?
3. In what grammatical tense is A Jury of Her Peers written?
4. What does Mrs. Hale suddenly become worried about regarding her son in the beginning of the story?
5. Who announces, "I'm going to stay here awhile by myself" near the end of the story?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who did Mr. Hale call inside after Mrs. Wright told him Mr. Wright was dead? What did they find?
2. How is the Wright property described in the narrative?
3. What prevents Mrs. Hale from entering the Wright house upon their arrival?
4. What does Mrs. Hale discover in the box in Mrs. Wright's sewing basket? What does she do with it?
5. What does Mrs. Hale remark to Mrs. Peters about the lack of children in the home and Mr. Wright's personality when the women are alone?
6. How do the men respond to Mrs. Wright's worry about her preserves?
7. What happens after Mr. Hale finishes his story of the previous day's events?
8. What close call do the women face in the climax of the story regarding the evidence?
9. What leads the women to discover the pretty box in Mrs. Wright's sewing basket?
10. What passing comment of Mr. Hale's reveals information about the relationship of the Wrights'?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)