|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Peters notice about the bird cage?
(a) It is missing a panel.
(b) It leans to the side.
(c) The door is broken.
(d) There is no cover.
2. What is Mr. Hale's first name?
3. In telling his story to the sheriff and county attorney, Mr. Hale remarks that he "didn't know as what his wife wanted" _____________.
(a) "Intrigued John."
(b) "Though John wanted to."
(c) "Made much difference to John."
(d) "As she was very quiet."
4. What had Mrs. Wright requested to be brought to her at the jail in addition to clothes?
(a) A sweater.
(b) An apron.
(c) A hacksaw.
5. Who went on trial for the murder of John Hossack?
(a) Martha Hossack.
(b) Minnie Hossack.
(c) Mary Hossack.
(d) Margaret Hossack.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom did Mr. Hale call in to go upstairs with him the day before when he found Mr. Wright?
2. What does the county attorney say is "the thing we need" before exiting with the men to investigate?
3. Mrs. Hale recalled that upon meeting Mrs. Peters the first time she didn't seem like _____________.
4. Where do the men go to investigate first after leaving the women in the kitchen?
5. What is the setting of A Jury of Her Peers?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Hale "play off" the stitching of the quilt?
2. What does Mr. Hale describe when he knocked at the Wrights' door the previous day?
3. When Mrs. Hale begins to piece together the story of Minnie Wright, how does she berate her own actions?
4. What did Mrs. Wright do when Mr. Hale attempted to make small talk?
5. What is the irony of the plot of A Jury of Her Peers?
6. What does Mrs. Hale regard of Mrs. Wright's clothing in the narrative?
7. What does Mrs. Hale discover in the box in Mrs. Wright's sewing basket? What does she do with it?
8. When the county attorney asks if Mrs. Hale and Mrs. Wright had been friends, how does she reply?
9. What happens after Mr. Hale finishes his story of the previous day's events?
10. How does Mrs. Hale feel when her husband begins retelling the previous day's events? Why?
This section contains 939 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)