|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mrs. Wright's maiden name?
2. What is Mr. Hale's first name?
3. What does Mrs. Hale almost sit down on when she is alone with Mrs. Peters?
(a) The rocking chair.
(b) The couch.
(c) The porch swing.
(d) The kitchen table.
4. What does Mrs. Peters look for to wrap Mrs. Wright's clothing in?
(a) Silk fabric.
(b) A pillowcase.
(c) Paper and string.
5. What color is Mrs. Wright's shawl?
6. Where do the men first gather upon entering the Wright house at the beginning of the story?
(a) The stove.
(b) The doorway.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) The bedroom.
7. Of Mrs. Hale, Susan Glaspell writes, "the fact that she had lived neighbor to that girl for twenty years, and had let her die for" what was more than she could bear?
(b) "Lack of life."
(c) "Mere boredom."
(d) "Lack of loneliness."
8. Mr. Henderson states, after discovering a mess in the kitchen, "I guess before we're through with her she may have something more serious than _____ to worry about."
(a) Dirty dishes.
(b) A filthy kitchen.
9. Mrs. Hale states to Mrs. Peters, "The law is the law -- and a bad" what?
(a) "Stove is a bad stove."
(b) "Law is a bad law."
(c) "Woman is a bad woman."
(d) "Man is a bad man."
10. In what narrative mode is A Jury of Her Peers written?
(a) Fourth person.
(b) First person.
(c) Third person.
(d) Second person.
11. What item makes Mrs. Hale nervous when the county attorney takes it out while listening to Mr. Hale's story?
(a) A ruler.
(b) A knife.
(c) A pencil.
(d) A pair of glasses.
12. Sheriff Peters is described as being particularly genial with____________.
(a) The law-abiding.
13. What is Mrs. Hale's first name?
14. What did Mrs. Wright do when Mr. Hale told her he wanted to see Mr. Wright the previous day?
(a) Went upstairs.
(b) Went to the kitchen.
15. What does Mrs. Peters reply when the county attorney asks the women, "have you decided whether she was going to quilt it or knot it?"
(a) Quilt it.
(d) Knot it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What fur item does Mrs. Peters go to hang up when she discovers Mrs. Wright's sewing basket?
2. In telling his story to the sheriff and county attorney, Mr. Hale remarks that he "didn't know as what his wife wanted" _____________.
3. Where did Mrs. Wright point when Mr. Hale asked the whereabouts of Mr. Wright?
4. In what grammatical tense is A Jury of Her Peers written?
5. Mr. Hale had come by the previous day to ask Mr. Wright if he wanted what installed?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)