|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The county attorney asserts that there is "no sign at all of anyone having" what?
(a) "An argument."
(b) "Come in from the outside."
(d) "Stolen anything."
2. As Mr. Hale began to retell the previous days events, Mrs. Hale "had that sinking feeling of the mother whose child is about to _____________.
(a) "Lie to her."
(b) "Get into trouble."
(c) "Confess to something."
(d) "Speak a piece."
3. What is beside the wooden bucket on a low shelf in the kitchen?
(a) A sweater.
(b) A knife.
(c) A paper bag.
(d) A stock pot.
4. Where was Susan Glaspell born?
(a) Davenport, Iowa.
(b) Missoula, Montana.
(c) Bismarck, North Dakota.
(d) Spearfish, South Dakota.
5. Mrs. Hale suggests that Mrs. Peters not tell Mrs. Wright what?
(a) The fruit is ruined.
(b) Her stitching was off.
(c) They found the bird.
(d) The dishes weren't done.
6. Mr. Hale tells the sheriff that he had been going to town the previous morning with whom?
(a) Mrs. Hale.
7. The county attorney asks himself before exiting with the men, "But would the women know a ____ if they did come upon it?"
8. Where did Mrs. Wright move to after Harry went to call for the coroner the previous day?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The front porch.
(c) A chair in the corner.
(d) The back yard.
9. What does Mrs. Hale begin to arrange after the men exit upstairs?
(c) Dirty pans.
10. What is Mrs. Hale's last line in the story?
(a) "Trifles are what men are."
(b) "We call it - stitch it, Mr. Henderson."
(c) "Minnie Wright is innocent."
(d) "We call it -- knot it, Mr. Henderson."
11. Mrs. Hale is startled by hearing Mrs. Peters say: "A person gets discouraged -- and loses" what?
12. Mrs. Hale remembers Mrs. Wright mostly as she was before she married, how many years ago?
13. What fur item does Mrs. Peters go to hang up when she discovers Mrs. Wright's sewing basket?
(a) A coat.
(b) A tippet.
(c) A cape.
(d) A hat.
14. What item makes Mrs. Hale nervous when the county attorney takes it out while listening to Mr. Hale's story?
(a) A ruler.
(b) A pencil.
(c) A knife.
(d) A pair of glasses.
15. Susan Glaspell wrote A Jury of Her Peers based on the Hossack murder which she discovered working as _____________.
(a) An actress.
(b) A lawyer.
(c) A judge.
(d) A journalist.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mr. Wright is described socially as a man who _____________.
2. Who asks the county attorney near the end of the story, "Did you want to see what Mrs. Peters was going to take in?"
3. When discussing the case with the sheriff, the county attorney marks that the crime was committed in what way?
4. Who was the previous sheriff in the county before Sheriff Peters?
5. Mrs. Hale describes Mrs. Wright as having been like a what in her youth?
This section contains 491 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)