|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fur item does Mrs. Peters go to hang up when she discovers Mrs. Wright's sewing basket?
(a) A hat.
(b) A cape.
(c) A tippet.
(d) A coat.
2. Who had the sheriff sent to make a fire at the Wright house that morning in the story?
(a) The District Attorney.
(b) His wife.
(c) His deputy.
(d) An inmate.
3. What word means concealed; secret; disguised?
4. The county attorney asserts that there is "no sign at all of anyone having" what?
(a) "An argument."
(b) "Stolen anything."
(c) "Come in from the outside."
5. From where did Mr. Henderson travel to come to the crime scene?
6. Mrs. Hale describes Minnie Foster as having been _________ 20 years ago.
7. How did Mrs. Wright describe her sleeping habits to Mr. Hale?
(a) "I sleep light."
(b) "I sleep downstairs."
(c) "I sleep sound."
(d) "I sleep fitfully."
8. Whom did Mr. Hale call in to go upstairs with him the day before when he found Mr. Wright?
(c) Mrs. Hale.
9. In describing Mr. Wright, Mrs. Hale claims he was "like a raw wind that" what?
(a) "Gets into the bone."
(b) "Blows through the trees."
(c) "Give you frostbite."
(d) "Has no mercy."
10. What was Mrs. Wright's response when Mr. Hale asked her "Has anybody been notified?"
(a) "His son."
(b) "They're on their way."
11. When the women are alone, Mrs. Peters tells Mrs. Hale, "Mr. Henderson is awful ______ in a speech."
12. Mrs. Hale describes Mrs. Wright as having been like a what in her youth?
13. With what group had Minnie Foster sung in her youth?
(a) An opera.
(b) The town choir.
(c) A high school band.
(d) A glee club.
14. Where was Mrs. Wright when Mr. Hale had entered the Wright house the previous day?
(a) Sleeping in bed.
(b) In the kitchen.
(c) In the rocking chair.
(d) At the kitchen table.
15. What does Mrs. Peters reply when the county attorney asks the women, "have you decided whether she was going to quilt it or knot it?"
(a) Quilt it.
(c) Knot it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Hale say "have their hands full" to Mr. Henderson?
2. Who stands accused of murder in A Jury of Her Peers?
3. What does Mrs. Peters attempt to put in her handbag before they leave the house?
4. What did Mr. Hale think he heard someone say the second time he knocked on the Wright's door the previous day?
5. What is Mr. Hale's response when asked the question of Mrs. Wright, "How did she seem to feel about your coming?"
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)