|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mrs. Wright's response when Mr. Hale asked her "Then why can't I see him?" after he was informed Mr. Wright was home?
(a) "Cause he's working."
(b) "Cause he's sleeping.."
(c) "Cause he's dead."
(d) "Cause he's bathing."
2. Mrs. Hale describes Minnie Foster as having been _________ 20 years ago.
3. What is Mrs. Hale's last line in the story?
(a) "We call it -- knot it, Mr. Henderson."
(b) "Minnie Wright is innocent."
(c) "We call it - stitch it, Mr. Henderson."
(d) "Trifles are what men are."
4. In the actual murder case upon which A Jury of Her Peers is based, John Hossack was killed with what weapon?
(a) An axe.
(b) A gun.
(c) A rope.
(d) A frying pan.
5. What does Mrs. Hale respond when the county attorney sees the birdcage and asks, "Has the bird flown?"
(a) "We think the cat got it."
(b) "It has."
(c) "It was murdered."
(d) "To heaven."
6. Whom does Mrs. Hale suspect is partially to blame for the mess in the house, when she's alone with Mrs. Peters?
(a) George Henderson.
(b) John Wright.
(c) The deputy sheriff.
(d) Sheriff Peters.
7. In what year did Susan Glaspell die?
8. What did Mr. Hale think he heard someone say the second time he knocked on the Wright's door the previous day?
(a) "Go away."
(b) "Mr. Wright is dead."
(c) "Come in."
(d) "No one's home."
9. What color is Mrs. Wright's shawl?
10. What is beside the wooden bucket on a low shelf in the kitchen?
(a) A knife.
(b) A stock pot.
(c) A paper bag.
(d) A sweater.
11. Mr. Henderson states, after discovering a mess in the kitchen, "I guess before we're through with her she may have something more serious than _____ to worry about."
(b) A filthy kitchen.
(c) Dirty dishes.
12. Mrs. Hale recalled that upon meeting Mrs. Peters the first time she didn't seem like _____________.
(a) A mother.
(b) A sheriff's wife.
(c) A mormon.
(d) A republican.
13. What is the setting of A Jury of Her Peers?
(a) Anderson County.
(b) Wright County.
(c) Jackson County.
(d) Dickson County.
14. What does Mrs. Hale suggest when Mrs. Peters questions what happened to Mrs. Wright's bird?
(a) "It died of old age."
(b) "She gave it away."
(c) "I think it flew away."
(d) "I suppose maybe the cat got it."
15. How does Mrs. Hale describe the dress Minnie Foster wore while singing with the choir?
(a) Blue with yellow ribbons.
(b) White with blue ribbons.
(c) Blue with red ribbons.
(d) Red with blue ribbons.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Mr. Hale began to retell the previous days events, Mrs. Hale "had that sinking feeling of the mother whose child is about to _____________.
2. Mr. Wright is described socially as a man who _____________.
3. What does Mrs. Hale begin to arrange after the men exit upstairs?
4. As the men reenter to leave, Mrs. Hale takes the box and puts it where?
5. What fur item does Mrs. Peters go to hang up when she discovers Mrs. Wright's sewing basket?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)