|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mrs. Wright's response when Mr. Hale asked her, "Who did this, Mrs. Wright?"
(a) "My son did it."
(b) "I did it."
(c) "I don't know."
(d) "A burglar did it."
2. Mrs. Hale considers the manner of Mrs. Peters to be _________.
3. Where did John Hossack's murder take place?
(a) Indianola, Iowa.
(b) Cairo, Illinois.
(c) Columbus, Ohio.
(d) Bowling Green, Kentucky.
4. What is Mr. Hale's first name?
5. What does Mr. Hale go to look after while the sheriff and county attorney are finishing investigating?
(a) The chickens.
(b) The pigs.
(c) The horses.
(d) The cows.
6. Where was Susan Glaspell born?
(a) Spearfish, South Dakota.
(b) Davenport, Iowa.
(c) Missoula, Montana.
(d) Bismarck, North Dakota.
7. What is Mrs. Hale's last line in the story?
(a) "Minnie Wright is innocent."
(b) "We call it -- knot it, Mr. Henderson."
(c) "Trifles are what men are."
(d) "We call it - stitch it, Mr. Henderson."
8. Mrs. Hale is startled by hearing Mrs. Peters say: "A person gets discouraged -- and loses" what?
9. Mr. Henderson states, after discovering a mess in the kitchen, "I guess before we're through with her she may have something more serious than _____ to worry about."
(b) Dirty dishes.
(d) A filthy kitchen.
10. The men reenter as Mrs. Hale is asking, "Do you suppose she was going to quilt it or just" what?
(a) Stitch it.
(b) Poke it.
(c) Needle it.
(d) Knot it.
11. How did Mrs. Wright describe her sleeping habits to Mr. Hale?
(a) "I sleep downstairs."
(b) "I sleep sound."
(c) "I sleep light."
(d) "I sleep fitfully."
12. Mrs. Hale recalled that upon meeting Mrs. Peters the first time she didn't seem like _____________.
(a) A republican.
(b) A mother.
(c) A mormon.
(d) A sheriff's wife.
13. What does Mrs. Hale notice about the kitchen table when she is alone with Mrs. Peters?
(a) It's half wiped clean.
(b) It is wobbly.
(c) It has a lot of scratches.
(d) It's covered in dust.
14. What unseen character is described as having "a voice that somehow seemed to be backing up the law with every word"?
(a) Mrs. Rogers.
(b) Mrs. Roberts.
(c) Mrs. Jackson.
(d) Mrs. Gorman.
15. What had Mrs. Wright requested to be brought to her at the jail in addition to clothes?
(a) A sweater.
(b) An apron.
(d) A hacksaw.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is beside the wooden bucket on a low shelf in the kitchen?
2. What is the setting of A Jury of Her Peers?
3. Where was Mrs. Wright when Mr. Hale had entered the Wright house the previous day?
4. What was Mrs. Wright's response when Mr. Hale asked her "Then why can't I see him?" after he was informed Mr. Wright was home?
5. In Mrs. Peters' first attempt at small talk with Mrs. Hale she says, "The country's not very _____ this time of year."
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)