|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the sheriff suggest Mr. Henderson look at with him before leaving?
(a) The floors.
(b) The mirror.
(c) The windows.
(d) The barn.
2. What does Mrs. Peters look for to wrap Mrs. Wright's clothing in?
(b) Paper and string.
(c) A pillowcase.
(d) Silk fabric.
3. How does Mrs. Hale describe the dress Minnie Foster wore while singing with the choir?
(a) White with blue ribbons.
(b) Red with blue ribbons.
(c) Blue with yellow ribbons.
(d) Blue with red ribbons.
4. What does Mrs. Hale suggest when Mrs. Peters questions what happened to Mrs. Wright's bird?
(a) "I think it flew away."
(b) "She gave it away."
(c) "It died of old age."
(d) "I suppose maybe the cat got it."
5. What is Mrs. Hale's last line in the story?
(a) "We call it - stitch it, Mr. Henderson."
(b) "Minnie Wright is innocent."
(c) "Trifles are what men are."
(d) "We call it -- knot it, Mr. Henderson."
6. Who stands accused of murder in A Jury of Her Peers?
(a) Mrs. Peters.
(b) Martha Hale.
(c) Minnie Wright.
(d) John Wright.
7. In what narrative mode is A Jury of Her Peers written?
(a) Fourth person.
(b) Third person.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
8. In what grammatical tense is A Jury of Her Peers written?
(a) Present tense.
(b) Past tense.
(c) Present imperfect tense.
(d) Future tense.
9. What was Mrs. Wright's response when Mr. Hale asked her "Then why can't I see him?" after he was informed Mr. Wright was home?
(a) "Cause he's working."
(b) "Cause he's dead."
(c) "Cause he's sleeping.."
(d) "Cause he's bathing."
10. With what group had Minnie Foster sung in her youth?
(a) The town choir.
(b) An opera.
(c) A high school band.
(d) A glee club.
11. Where was Susan Glaspell born?
(a) Bismarck, North Dakota.
(b) Missoula, Montana.
(c) Davenport, Iowa.
(d) Spearfish, South Dakota.
12. What was Mrs. Wright's response when Mr. Hale asked her, "Who did this, Mrs. Wright?"
(a) "A burglar did it."
(b) "My son did it."
(c) "I did it."
(d) "I don't know."
13. How many women are waiting in the two-seated buggy when Mrs. Hale goes out to join them in the beginning of the story?
14. When was John Hossack murdered?
15. The majority of the action in A Jury of Her Peers takes place in what room of the house?
(a) The bedroom.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The living room.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Hale was asked how Mrs. Wright looked when he had entered the previous day, he first responds that she looked __________.
2. What unseen character is described as having "a voice that somehow seemed to be backing up the law with every word"?
3. What word means "not generous, especially with money," does Mrs. Hale use in referring to Mr. Wright?
4. The Wrights' home is located in what?
5. As the men reenter to leave, Mrs. Hale takes the box and puts it where?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)