|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Mr. Hale's story, Mrs. Wright was doing what to her apron when he visited?
(a) Sewing a patch on it.
(b) Pleating it.
(c) Ironing it.
(d) Ripping at it.
2. What does Mrs. Hale hate to see, as described in the beginning of the story?
(a) Things half done.
(b) Broken stoves.
(c) Women in ratty clothing.
(d) Hungry children.
3. The men reenter as Mrs. Hale is asking, "Do you suppose she was going to quilt it or just" what?
(a) Poke it.
(b) Stitch it.
(c) Needle it.
(d) Knot it.
4. Mr. Hale had come by the previous day to ask Mr. Wright if he wanted what installed?
(b) A telephone.
(c) A fence post.
(d) Gas heating.
5. Mrs. Hale tells Mr. Henderson that she rarely visited the Wright home because it didn't seem very ________.
6. When Mr. Hale was asked how Mrs. Wright looked when he had entered the previous day, he first responds that she looked __________.
7. Of the boy who killed Mrs. Peters' kitten as a child, she says, "If they hadn't held me back I would have" what?
(a) "Killed him."
(b) "Gouged his eyes."
(c) "Hurt him."
(d) "Stopped him."
8. Whom did Mr. Hale call in to go upstairs with him the day before when he found Mr. Wright?
(d) Mrs. Hale.
9. Where did Glaspell study for one semester of graduate school?
(a) University of Phoenix.
(b) University of Miami.
(c) University of San Francisco.
(d) University of Chicago.
10. When did the murder trial of John Hossack take place?
11. What word refers to lack of importance or consequence?
12. How does Mrs. Hale describe the dress Minnie Foster wore while singing with the choir?
(a) White with blue ribbons.
(b) Blue with yellow ribbons.
(c) Red with blue ribbons.
(d) Blue with red ribbons.
13. In what grammatical tense is A Jury of Her Peers written?
(a) Future tense.
(b) Past tense.
(c) Present imperfect tense.
(d) Present tense.
14. What does Mr. Hale say Mrs. Wright had responded when he asked "Ho' do, Mrs. Wright? It's cold, ain't it?"
(a) "Is it?"
(b) "Why's that?"
(c) "Depends who you ask."
(d) "Not for this time of year."
15. What is Mrs. Hale's first name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hale surmise Mrs. Wright was going to do with the bird?
2. Mr. Hale tells the sheriff that he had been going to town the previous morning with whom?
3. What does Mrs. Hale discover under the cloth in Mrs. Wright's sewing basket?
4. What does Mrs. Peters say Mrs. Wright was frightened of in her house the previous day?
5. When was Susan Glaspell born?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)