|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Of Mrs. Hale, Susan Glaspell writes, "the fact that she had lived neighbor to that girl for twenty years, and had let her die for" what was more than she could bear?
(b) "Mere boredom."
(c) "Lack of life."
(d) "Lack of loneliness."
2. Mrs. Hale tells Mr. Henderson that she rarely visited the Wright home because it didn't seem very ________.
3. Whom does Mrs. Hale suspect is partially to blame for the mess in the house, when she's alone with Mrs. Peters?
(a) Sheriff Peters.
(b) John Wright.
(c) George Henderson.
(d) The deputy sheriff.
4. The men reenter as Mrs. Hale is asking, "Do you suppose she was going to quilt it or just" what?
(a) Knot it.
(b) Stitch it.
(c) Needle it.
(d) Poke it.
5. What does Mr. Hale go to look after while the sheriff and county attorney are finishing investigating?
(a) The pigs.
(b) The chickens.
(c) The cows.
(d) The horses.
Short Answer Questions
1. In describing Mr. Wright, Mrs. Hale claims he was "like a raw wind that" what?
2. What is Mr. Hale's first name?
3. In Mrs. Peters' first attempt at small talk with Mrs. Hale she says, "The country's not very _____ this time of year."
4. Who was the previous sheriff in the county before Sheriff Peters?
5. How many men are waiting in the two-seated buggy when Mrs. Hale goes out to join them in the beginning of the story?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)