|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who announces, "I'm going to stay here awhile by myself" near the end of the story?
(a) Mr. Henderson.
(b) Mrs. Hale.
(c) George Henderson.
(d) Sheriff Peters.
2. What does Mrs. Hale respond when the county attorney sees the birdcage and asks, "Has the bird flown?"
(a) "It was murdered."
(b) "We think the cat got it."
(c) "It has."
(d) "To heaven."
3. In what year did the Library of America select the original newspaper article upon which A Jury of Her Peers is based for inclusion in its two-century retrospective of American True Crime?
4. What is Mrs. Hale's eldest son doing in town while she and her husband are with the sheriff in the story?
(a) Getting a watch fixed.
(b) Selling potatoes.
(c) Buying clothes.
(d) Buying food.
5. Where did John Hossack's murder take place?
(a) Cairo, Illinois.
(b) Indianola, Iowa.
(c) Columbus, Ohio.
(d) Bowling Green, Kentucky.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the deputy sheriff?
2. The county attorney asks himself before exiting with the men, "But would the women know a ____ if they did come upon it?"
3. Mrs. Hale recalled that upon meeting Mrs. Peters the first time she didn't seem like _____________.
4. As the men reenter to leave, Mrs. Hale takes the box and puts it where?
5. When was John Hossack murdered?
This section contains 231 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)