|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Before Mr. Hale began his story, he looked "as if standing in that kitchen and having to tell what he had seen there yesterday morning made him" ____________.
(a) Want to throw up.
(b) Want to leave.
(c) Almost turn blue.
(d) Almost sick.
2. What word means to find fault with (a person, group, etc.); blame; censure?
3. What was Mrs. Wright's maiden name?
4. What is half-sifted when Mrs. Hale departs her kitchen in the beginning of the story?
5. Who announces, "I'm going to stay here awhile by myself" near the end of the story?
(a) Mr. Henderson.
(b) Mrs. Hale.
(c) Sheriff Peters.
(d) George Henderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Mrs. Wright's response when Mr. Hale asked her "Has anybody been notified?"
2. What does Mrs. Hale suggest when Mrs. Peters questions what happened to Mrs. Wright's bird?
3. What is Mrs. Hale's first name?
4. Mr. Henderson states, after discovering a mess in the kitchen, "I guess before we're through with her she may have something more serious than _____ to worry about."
5. Mr. Hale tells the sheriff that he had been going to town the previous morning with whom?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)