|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what group had Minnie Foster sung in her youth?
(a) The town choir.
(b) A glee club.
(c) A high school band.
(d) An opera.
2. What does Mrs. Hale respond when the county attorney sees the birdcage and asks, "Has the bird flown?"
(a) "We think the cat got it."
(b) "To heaven."
(c) "It has."
(d) "It was murdered."
3. What is Mrs. Hale's eldest son doing in town while she and her husband are with the sheriff in the story?
(a) Selling potatoes.
(b) Getting a watch fixed.
(c) Buying food.
(d) Buying clothes.
4. Mrs. Hale catches sight of an opened bucket of _________ on a low shelf in the kitchen.
5. What was Mrs. Wright's response when Mr. Hale asked her "Then why can't I see him?" after he was informed Mr. Wright was home?
(a) "Cause he's bathing."
(b) "Cause he's dead."
(c) "Cause he's working."
(d) "Cause he's sleeping.."
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose "hands aren't always as clean as they might be," according to Mrs. Hale?
2. Whom does Mrs. Hale suspect is partially to blame for the mess in the house, when she's alone with Mrs. Peters?
3. What does Mrs. Peters say Mrs. Wright was frightened of in her house the previous day?
4. Mrs. Hale describes Minnie Foster as having been _________ 20 years ago.
5. The county attorney asks himself before exiting with the men, "But would the women know a ____ if they did come upon it?"
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)