|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Hale absentmindedly begin to do with the ill-stitched block of quilting?
(a) Fold it and put it away.
(b) Throw it in the fireplace.
(c) Take out the stitches.
(d) Cut it with scissors.
2. When Mr. Hale was asked how Mrs. Wright looked when he had entered the previous day, he first responds that she looked __________.
3. Mrs. Hale muses, "Not having children makes less work, but it makes" what?
(a) Things too peaceful.
(b) No sense.
(c) A quiet house.
(d) Life boring.
4. Mrs. Hale suggests that Mrs. Peters not tell Mrs. Wright what?
(a) Her stitching was off.
(b) The dishes weren't done.
(c) They found the bird.
(d) The fruit is ruined.
5. What does Mrs. Peters reply when Mrs. Hale asks her, "Do you think she -- did it?"
(a) "Oh, I don't know."
(b) "I have no doubt."
(c) "It's possible."
(d) "What do you think?"
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does Sheriff Peters ask Mr. Hale to explain what he'd seen the previous morning in the beginning of the story?
2. Mrs. Hale describes Minnie Foster as having been _________ 20 years ago.
3. How does Mrs. Hale describe the dress Minnie Foster wore while singing with the choir?
4. What was the first novel published by Susan Glaspell?
5. Susan Glaspell wrote A Jury of Her Peers based on the Hossack murder which she discovered working as _____________.
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)