|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who had the sheriff sent to make a fire at the Wright house that morning in the story?
(a) The District Attorney.
(b) An inmate.
(c) His wife.
(d) His deputy.
2. What does Mrs. Hale suddenly become worried about regarding her son in the beginning of the story?
(a) Whether he's dressed warmly enough.
(b) Whether the car made it to town.
(c) Whether he turned the lights off.
(d) Whether he's safe in the jail.
3. When discussing the case with the sheriff, the county attorney says, "But you know juries when it comes to" what?
(a) Country folk.
4. To whose house did Harry go to use the telephone the previous day?
(a) The Stevens'.
(b) The Rivers'.
(c) The Abbots'.
(d) The Johnsons'.
5. Why is Mr. Henderson unable to dry his hands after washing them in the sink?
(a) There are no towels.
(b) The towels are wet in the sink.
(c) The hand-towels are dirty.
(d) Mrs. Hale has the towels.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the county attorney?
2. Mrs. Peters nervously says to Mrs. Hale, "it's a good thing the men couldn't hear us! Getting all stirred up over a little thing like a" what?
3. Who asks the county attorney near the end of the story, "Did you want to see what Mrs. Peters was going to take in?"
4. Who does Mrs. Hale say "have their hands full" to Mr. Henderson?
5. What does Mrs. Hale notice about the kitchen table when she is alone with Mrs. Peters?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)