|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Detailed Summary & Analysis.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In the beginning of A Jury of Her Peers, when Martha Hale opens the storm-door and gets a cut of the north wind, she runs back for ________________.
(a) A hat.
(b) A wool scarf.
(c) Her coat.
(d) Snow boots.
2. With what group had Minnie Foster sung in her youth?
(a) The town choir.
(b) An opera.
(c) A high school band.
(d) A glee club.
3. When Mrs. Peters asks if Mrs. Wright had a bird, Mrs. Hale replies that there was a man in town selling what the year before?
4. As Mr. Hale began to retell the previous days events, Mrs. Hale "had that sinking feeling of the mother whose child is about to _____________.
(a) "Lie to her."
(b) "Confess to something."
(c) "Speak a piece."
(d) "Get into trouble."
5. Susan Glaspell wrote A Jury of Her Peers based on the Hossack murder which she discovered working as _____________.
(a) A lawyer.
(b) A journalist.
(c) A judge.
(d) An actress.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who had the sheriff sent to make a fire at the Wright house that morning in the story?
2. In the actual murder case upon which A Jury of Her Peers is based, John Hossack was killed with what weapon?
3. What is Mrs. Hale's eldest son doing in town while she and her husband are with the sheriff in the story?
4. What sentence follows Mrs. Hale's line: "No, Wright wouldn't like the bird -- a thing that sang. She used to sing"?
5. Who had requested that Mrs. Hale come along to the crime scene in the beginning of the story?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)