|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Elisa doing because of shock?
(d) Sitting in a chair rocking.
2. What does Dru promise Elisa?
(a) She will call the police.
(b) She will not let Scooter push Elisa.
(c) She will not let Scooter go with another girl.
(d) Dru will stay with her.
3. What is Dru's response to her oldest sister's question?
(a) She thinks Elisa needs help.
(b) Mike would never ask her to jump.
(c) She hopes their parents will get back together.
(d) She will visit in early August.
4. What kind of light is available at the top of the Nail?
(a) Some of the kids left lanterns.
(b) The car headlights provide light.
(c) There is a small street light there.
(d) It is dark at the top.
5. Who does Elisa say she sees at the party?
(a) The drowned girl.
(b) Her brother.
(c) An angel.
(d) Scooter's ex-girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Mike's younger sister's name?
2. What does Mike say to Tom?
3. What did Mike ask Dru when he first started liking her?
4. What does Dru say about the police?
5. Who has engineered the celebration for Elisa and Scooter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mike ask Dru out on the terrace, and what is her response?
2. Where do Dru and Mike go for a walk and why does this upset Elisa?
3. What does MIke tell Dru about Diane, Tom and Hopi?
4. What does Dru remember about the first night Mike noticed her?
5. What happens when and right after the twins jump?
6. Who picks Dru up at Elisa's and how does she get ready to go to the party?
7. What does Dru say to Elisa about Scooter and what does she realize about Diane when she says it?
8. Where does Dru go running with her dog, who does she see and what does she hope about Elisa?
9. What does Dru's mother say to Dru after they get home from dinner at Mike's house?
10. Where is the party after Scooter and Elisa's jump, what is there and who does Diane pay attention to? Where does Mike and Dru sit?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)