|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diane say to Mike about college?
(a) She cannot decide what classes to take.
(b) He will have study harder than in high school.
(c) He should have gone to her school.
(d) They should take Friday classes.
2. What does Elisa say has made her life better?
(b) Her older brother leaving for college.
(c) Her mother and father getting back together.
(d) Dating Jimmy.
3. What does Dru do when she goes in Elisa's house?
(a) Sits in the living room with Elisa.
(b) Goes in the kitchen and makes coffee.
(c) Goes to Elisa's bedroom.
(d) Goes to see Elisa's mother.
4. What happened to the girl who hit the rocks jumping from the Nail?
(b) Broke her back.
(c) Broke both her legs.
(d) Died from a fractured skull.
5. How does Dru get to talk to Elisa?
(a) Beckons her over to the car.
(b) Pulls her out of Scooter's arms.
(c) Gets between Elisa and Scooter.
(d) Trips Elisa as she goes by her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dru doing at the opening of Chapter One?
2. To what college will Mike be going?
3. What year did Dru's mother meet Dru's father?
4. Who is Diane's boyfriend?
5. What does Dru tell her father when she calls him at the beginning of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Dru just finished, and what is she thinking about as she walks her dog looking at houses?
2. What happens when Dru shows Elisa the mangled boot?
3. What does Dru want to do once she and Mike get back to the top of the Nail, who is Hopi and what does he give Dru?
4. How does Diane feel about Mike?
5. What does Mike say about his father and Dru's mother in the car?
6. What does Jeremy say to Dru when she sees him?
7. Where do Dru and Mike go at the beginning of Chapter Two, what is it like there, who else is there, and what does Dru hope?
8. What is the Nail and who has been hurt on it?
9. Whose house does Dru pass and what does she think when she passes it?
10. Why does Jeremy know about the girl who was injured jumping, and what happens with his talk with Scooter the night before the jump?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)