|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dru get to talk to Elisa?
(a) Pulls her out of Scooter's arms.
(b) Beckons her over to the car.
(c) Gets between Elisa and Scooter.
(d) Trips Elisa as she goes by her.
2. How long did Dru's mother and father know each other before they were married?
(a) A year.
(b) Three months.
(c) Six months.
(d) Two weeks.
3. How does Tom feel about Diane's suggestion to Mike?
4. What does Dru think about the houses in her neighborhood?
(a) They are of poor quality.
(b) They are ugly.
(c) They are expensive.
(d) They are cheap.
5. What color is Elisa's hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Dru doing at the opening of Chapter One?
2. What does Scooter say jumping off the Nail does?
3. Why are the other teenagers at the Nail different from Dru?
4. How does Elisa respond to Dru's question?
5. What does Elisa say she bumped into in the water?
Short Essay Questions
1. Whose house does Dru pass and what does she think when she passes it?
2. What do Scooter and Elisa bring to the Nail with them, how is Scooter feeling, how does Elisa react to Dru and what does Scooter go do?
3. What does Mike say about Scooter jumping?
4. How does Dru get to talk to Elisa, what does Dru say to her and what is her response?
5. What is the Nail and who has been hurt on it?
6. What happens when Scooter and Elisa jump and immediately after?
7. Why does Jeremy know about the girl who was injured jumping, and what happens with his talk with Scooter the night before the jump?
8. How is Elisa awoken after Dru had put her to bed and what does she do about Scooter's invitation? How does Dru react?
9. What does Hopi say about jumping?
10. What does Dru do after Elisa falls asleep and how does she feel about her dad?
This section contains 800 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)