|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the scene at the Nail look like?
(a) A class reunion.
(b) A pep rally.
(c) A party.
(d) A wake.
2. What is the condition outside near the Nail?
(c) Slightly foggy.
(d) Sunny and calm.
3. What does Elisa do when Dru shows her the mangled boot?
(a) She doesn't do anything.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She begins to cry.
(d) She screams.
4. What does Elisa say she bumped into in the water?
(a) A large rock.
(b) A surf board.
(c) A car.
(d) A shark.
5. What does Diane watch Mike do?
(a) Change into his swimming trunks.
(b) Kiss Elisa.
(c) Put his arm around Dru.
(d) Drink out of Dru's soda.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dru's father do for a living?
2. What does Dru think about Scooter?
3. What is the distance from the Nail to the water?
4. What does Dru think about the houses in her neighborhood?
5. What does Scooter yell up to Elisa?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Dru shows Elisa the mangled boot?
2. Why is Dru different from the other teenagers at the Nail, what rumor does one teen say to Dru?
3. What does Dru want to do once she and Mike get back to the top of the Nail, who is Hopi and what does he give Dru?
4. What has Dru just finished, and what is she thinking about as she walks her dog looking at houses?
5. What does Hopi say about jumping?
6. Who drives Dru and MIke back to Mike's car and what is Diane like?
7. What happens when Scooter and Elisa jump and immediately after?
8. Why does Jeremy know about the girl who was injured jumping, and what happens with his talk with Scooter the night before the jump?
9. What do Scooter and Elisa bring to the Nail with them, how is Scooter feeling, how does Elisa react to Dru and what does Scooter go do?
10. What does Dru tell Elisa as Elisa is dressing, what is Elisa's response and what does Elisa do to get ready to go to the party?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)