|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Elisa make Dru swear?
(a) Not to laugh at her.
(b) Not to tell the kids at school about the boot.
(c) Not to call Elisa's mother.
(d) Not to call Elisa's doctor.
2. How does Dru see the crowd at the Nail waiting for the jump?
(a) As mean spirited.
(b) As too young for her.
(c) As kids helping each other be brave.
(d) As being everything she wants to be.
3. What does Jeremy say he could not do?
(a) Call the police.
(b) Be convinced to jump himself.
(c) Tell Scooter's father.
(d) Talk Scooter out of jumping.
4. What does Elisa tell Dru about what she said to her concerning the drowned girl?
(a) Forget everything she said.
(b) She was only joking.
(c) Her vision was just messed up from the fog.
(d) To report it to the police.
5. Why does Dru want to leave the Nail?
(a) She has to get home before her mother.
(b) The kids there are drunk.
(c) She needs to work in the morning.
(d) It is too cold and windy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dru tell Scooter?
2. What does Elisa do when Dru shows her the mangled boot?
3. What does Elisa's house smell like?
4. What do those who jump off the Nail do to commemorate their job?
5. What is the temperature of the water off the Nail like?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mike say about his father and Dru's mother in the car?
2. Who drives Dru and MIke back to Mike's car and what is Diane like?
3. What happens when Scooter and Elisa jump and immediately after?
4. How does Dru get to talk to Elisa, what does Dru say to her and what is her response?
5. How does Diane feel about Mike?
6. What does Scooter ask Mike and Dru to do, why does he ask them and what does Dru think of Scooter jumping?
7. What does Dru want to do once she and Mike get back to the top of the Nail, who is Hopi and what does he give Dru?
8. What has Dru just finished, and what is she thinking about as she walks her dog looking at houses?
9. What does Hopi say about jumping?
10. What is Dru's response to the rumor she hears and what does Mike think of her response?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)