|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Jeremy's mother do volunteer work?
(a) At the library.
(b) At the police station.
(c) At the high school.
(d) At the convalescent center.
2. What is the condition outside near the Nail?
(b) Sunny and calm.
(c) Slightly foggy.
3. What does Elisa say she bumped into in the water?
(a) A large rock.
(b) A shark.
(c) A surf board.
(d) A car.
4. Why does Sccoter ask Mike and Dru to drive his motor scooter down to the cliff?
(a) He is anxious to jump.
(b) He wants it waiting for him.
(c) He wants to talk to Elisa.
(d) He is too nervous to drive.
5. Why does Scooter want to jump off the Nail?
(a) To impress his ex-girlfriend.
(b) To see what it feels like.
(c) To brag.
(d) To prove to himself he is fearless.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom think Elisa will do for Scooter?
2. Why are the other teenagers at the Nail different from Dru?
3. What does Mike try to do with Dru in the car?
4. What did Mike's father do when Dru's mother was married?
5. How did Mike change Dru's life?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dru do after Elisa falls asleep and how does she feel about her dad?
2. What is Dru's response to the rumor she hears and what does Mike think of her response?
3. What does Hopi say about jumping?
4. What does Mike say about his father and Dru's mother in the car?
5. What do Scooter and Elisa bring to the Nail with them, how is Scooter feeling, how does Elisa react to Dru and what does Scooter go do?
6. How does Dru get to talk to Elisa, what does Dru say to her and what is her response?
7. What does Dru do when she gets to Elisa's house and how does she take care of Elisa?
8. What happens when Dru shows Elisa the mangled boot?
9. What does Dru tell Elisa as Elisa is dressing, what is Elisa's response and what does Elisa do to get ready to go to the party?
10. Whose house does Dru pass and what does she think when she passes it?
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)