|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mike say to Dru about his father and Dru's mother?
(a) He said they didn't know each other well.
(b) He talks about his father dating her mother.
(c) He said they were rivals in school.
(d) He said they were best friends.
2. What is Dru doing at the opening of Chapter One?
(a) Playing on the computer.
(b) Talking on the phone.
(c) Cooking dinner.
(d) Walking her dog.
3. How does Dru feel when she is talking to her dad?
(a) Comfortable and safe.
4. What does Dru tell her father when she calls him at the beginning of Chapter 7?
(a) That she is with Mike.
(b) That she has stopped by the library.
(c) That she is at Beverly's house.
(d) That she is going to be home late.
5. What does Dru wonder about with the crowd around her?
(a) How she ended up a member of that crowd.
(b) Why they are so stupid.
(c) Why she wants to be around them.
(d) Why they think they are better than she is.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the rumors say about who might jump with Scooter?
2. Why does Scooter want to jump off the Nail?
3. Whose boot comes floating to the surface of the water?
4. Where does Jeremy's mother do volunteer work?
5. What is Elisa doing at the beginning of Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who does Dru run into while walking her dog and what does the person ask her and say to her?
2. What has Dru just finished, and what is she thinking about as she walks her dog looking at houses?
3. What happens when and right after the twins jump?
4. What is it like at the Nail right before Elisa and Scooter jump, what does Lizzie say and what does Mike do with Dru?
5. How does Mike feel about the invitation to Dru's family and what does he say about telling an adult about the jumping?
6. What does Claire ask Dru about Diane?
7. What does Mike ask Dru out on the terrace, and what is her response?
8. Where does Dru go running with her dog, who does she see and what does she hope about Elisa?
9. Where has Dru and her family been invited, how does her mother react to the invitation and how does Dru feel about it?
10. What does Mike say about his father and Dru's mother in the car?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)