|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Tom's twin?
2. What does Dru's father do after dinner?
(a) Goes in the den with Mike's father.
(b) Gets in an argument with Mike.
(c) Leaves for work.
(d) Plays the piano.
3. What does Mike tell her about what she has to do?
(a) She never has to do anything she does not want for him.
(b) He will visit her at college and she has to sleep with him.
(c) She needs to keep having sex to hold him.
(d) She does not have to sleep with him again.
4. What does Scooter call himself and Elisa?
(a) The dynamic duo.
(b) The ultimate couple.
(c) The chosen ones.
(d) The terrible twos.
5. What time does Mike pick up Dru for the party?
(a) At 7:30.
(b) At eight.
(c) At nine.
(d) At 8:30.
6. What does Dru's mother wish to see?
(a) Whether Dru is going to stay with her.
(b) If Dru's father really does leave.
(c) A map of the location of her business trip.
(d) The inside of Mike's house.
7. What does Mike ask Dru to do?
(a) Stay in California.
(b) Go on to Northwestern.
(c) Get an apartment in Chicago so he can join her.
(d) Go to Northwestern in her sophmore year.
8. What does Dru tell Tom about what Elisa saw?
(a) That there is a ghost in the water.
(b) That there is a wrecked ship in the water.
(c) That there is an old car in the water.
(d) That the water is not cold but hard.
9. Why does Dru stop trying to talk to Tom?
(a) Mike comes up and kisses her.
(b) He has shut her off.
(c) Diane comes up and smiles at him.
(d) He sees Diane and goes to her.
10. What does Dru say to her mother about her dad?
(a) Her mother never reminisces about her father.
(b) Her mother should respect her father more.
(c) Her mother should appreciate her husband more.
(d) Her father is smart for leaving.
11. Where are Mike and Dru going for the party?
(a) To the Hop-and-Stop.
(b) To Diane's house.
(c) To the Spinddrift.
(d) To Tom's house.
12. What does Dru's mother want for her?
(a) That she has a practical education.
(b) That she do well in school.
(c) That she have money and security.
(d) That she do whatever she wants.
13. What does Mike say to Tom?
(a) He is right, jumping does not make someone a hero.
(b) Do not jump.
(c) Don't go home so early.
(d) Diane is who she is.
14. Why does Diane smirk over Tom?
(a) She thinks jumping the nail does make Scooter a hero.
(b) She knows she is the cause of him wanting to jump.
(c) She knows she is the reason he is leaving early.
(d) She knows that Tom is upset with Hopi.
15. What does Dru do after her mother comes home in Chapter 13?
(a) Goes out for a walk.
(b) Goes driving in the car.
(c) Runs with her dog.
(d) Goes for a bike ride.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Hopi do with Diane while Tom watches them?
2. What does Diane proclaim Scooter and Elisa?
3. Why does Mike say Tom and Diane will probably break up?
4. What is Dru's father's opinion of his children's education?
5. What is Dru's response to Elisa?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)