|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dru tell Tom about what Elisa saw?
(a) That there is a wrecked ship in the water.
(b) That there is a ghost in the water.
(c) That there is an old car in the water.
(d) That the water is not cold but hard.
2. What does Mike say to Tom?
(a) He should not be drinking beer.
(b) He is an fool about Diane.
(c) He is brave but dumb.
(d) He should have ducked the fist.
3. What does Hopi do with Diane while Tom watches them?
(a) Hugs her.
(b) Pulls her over into a corner.
(c) Kisses her.
(d) Holds her hand.
4. What does Dru's father do after dinner?
(a) Gets in an argument with Mike.
(b) Leaves for work.
(c) Goes in the den with Mike's father.
(d) Plays the piano.
5. What does Tom say when the music stops?
(a) He and his twin are going home.
(b) Diane is a faithless girl.
(c) Jumping the Nail does not make someone a hero.
(d) He and his twin will jump that night.
6. What does Mike say to Tom?
(a) Don't go home so early.
(b) He is right, jumping does not make someone a hero.
(c) Do not jump.
(d) Diane is who she is.
7. Who has engineered the celebration for Elisa and Scooter?
8. What is Dru's father's opinion of his children's education?
(a) He is happy his girls are going out of state for school.
(b) He wishes Dru would stay in town.
(c) He thinks girls don't need college.
(d) He is happy they have scholarships to attend anywhere.
9. What is Elisa doing because of shock?
(d) Sitting in a chair rocking.
10. What does Dru whisper to her dog?
(a) She's rather go to Chicago than dinner tomorrow.
(b) She wants to talk to her dad.
(c) She hopes he is happy.
(d) She thinks humans are all crazy.
11. What does Dru promise Elisa?
(a) She will not let Scooter push Elisa.
(b) Dru will stay with her.
(c) She will not let Scooter go with another girl.
(d) She will call the police.
12. What does Scooter call himself and Elisa?
(a) The terrible twos.
(b) The chosen ones.
(c) The dynamic duo.
(d) The ultimate couple.
13. Who do Mike and Dru see while walking?
(a) A homeless woman.
(b) A black cat.
(c) A white dog.
(d) Elisa and Scooter.
14. What kind of light is available at the top of the Nail?
(a) It is dark at the top.
(b) There is a small street light there.
(c) The car headlights provide light.
(d) Some of the kids left lanterns.
15. What is the name of Tom's twin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Elisa say she sees at the party?
2. Why does Mike say Tom and Diane will probably break up?
3. What does Dru's oldest sister do?
4. What is Mike's younger sister's name?
5. What does Dru do at her house before the party?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)