1. What does July bring the Smalls at the beginning of the novel?
2. What do both Maureen and Bam refuse from July at the beginning of the novel?
3. What is Bam’s profession?
4. How much time has passed since Maureen and Bam left Johannesburg?
5. In Section 1, where are the children sleeping, once in the hut?
6. What is a bakkie?
7. What color is the Smalls' bakkie?
8. What object does Bam not keep in his home?
9. What makes the children happy, as nothing can?
10. What is happening politically, economically, and socially in the novel?
This section contains 5,147 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)