|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, Pages 108-121.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does July’s mother eventually do as she carries wood in Section 5?
(b) Ask for help.
(c) Crawl on the ground.
(d) Give up.
2. What is a bakkie?
(a) A car.
(b) A bicycle.
(c) A plant.
(d) An article of clothing.
3. What 'medication' does Maureen get from Martha in Section 4?
(a) Something for malaria.
(b) Something to make her sleep.
(c) Something for her cold.
(d) Something for the children’s cough.
4. Why does Maureen find her husband attractive during dinner an evening in Section 7?
(a) He is kind to the kids.
(b) He is attractive.
(c) He pays attention to her.
(d) He defends her.
5. What does Maureen understand must be balanced in black affairs?
(a) Duty and love.
(b) Desire and duty.
(c) Money and desire.
(d) Love and money.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Maureen afraid of, in terms of the children and the water?
2. What does July want to ask Maureen about in private in Section 7?
3. What does the man accuse the children of in Section 6?
4. What term does July use that frustrates the Small family?
5. What does Bam say about July in Section 8?
This section contains 226 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)