|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, Pages 108-121.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bam do for leisure in Section 3?
(a) He spends time with his family.
(b) He plays sports with the villagers.
(c) He drinks beer with the villagers.
(d) He sings with the villagers.
2. Why do Bam and Maureen continue to listen to the radio?
(a) They want to hear their own language.
(b) They miss music.
(c) They want to hear news of the uprisings.
(d) They want to hear the rebels’ political stance.
3. What greeting does Daniel give the man at the gathering place?
(b) A hand shake.
(c) A raised fist.
(d) A hug.
4. What does Maureen ask that puts July ill at ease in Section 5?
(a) About his relationship with Royce.
(b) About his relationship with Bam.
(c) About his relationship with Martha.
(d) About his relationship with Ellen.
5. What does Maureen note in Section 3 that she doesn’t want to hear a spiel on?
(a) Whether or not their lives are in danger.
(b) Whether or not she is a good mother.
(c) Whether or not their politics are justified.
(d) Whether or not their old lives were a lie.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bam do to try to reconcile after his argument with Maureen in Section 3?
2. What does Maureen send Royce to tell July in Section 5?
3. What is Bam having trouble believing about the chief in Section 8?
4. What term does July use that frustrates the Small family?
5. What do Daniel and July do when they see the chief in Section 8?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)