|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Section 8, Pages 108-121.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the first man the Smalls meet on their way to the chief?
(a) The chief.
(b) The mayor.
(c) A police officer.
(d) Headman for the chief.
2. In Section 5, what does Maureen wonder about the town woman?
(a) Whether July loves her.
(b) Whether she has children.
(c) Whether she is married.
(d) Whether she loves July.
3. What does Bam do to try to reconcile after his argument with Maureen in Section 3?
(a) He talks to her.
(b) He sings to her.
(c) He reads to her.
(d) He leaves her alone.
4. On what do the Smalls become intoxicated?
5. Why does Maureen avoid reading the only book she has?
(a) She knows that when she reads it, there are no others.
(b) She can’t read it because it is in Italian.
(c) She hates reading.
(d) She doesn’t want to know the ending.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maureen do when she menstruates?
2. What does Bam say about July in Section 8?
3. What does Maureen send Royce to tell July in Section 5?
4. What does the chief do that surprises the Smalls?
5. What did Maureen’s father do for a living?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)