Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arabella go to for a potion?
2. What happens to the baby Sue is pregnant with when her other children die?
3. What does Jude insist he and Sue do before going to retrieve the children from their temporary overnight lodgings?
4. What does someone in the crowd ask Jude to translate on Remembrance Day?
5. Where are Sue and Jude living when they learn their divorces have gone through?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss at least three reasons why "Jude the Obscure" could be classified in a genre other than traditional nonfiction, making sure to use specific examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze at least three different literary techniques Hardy uses to create tension in "Jude the Obscure." Make sure to use direct evidence from the text to support your points.
Essay Topic 3
Write a well-reasoned argument paper addressing why Sue is so against marriage. Make sure to use evidence from the text to support your position.
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)