Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arabella go to for a potion?
2. What happens to the baby Sue is pregnant with when her other children die?
3. What does Jude insist he and Sue do before going to retrieve the children from their temporary overnight lodgings?
4. What does someone in the crowd ask Jude to translate on Remembrance Day?
5. Where are Sue and Jude living when they learn their divorces have gone through?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze at least four different ways the story of "Jude the Obscure" would change if the setting were in a modern, urban location.
Essay Topic 2
Write a well-reasoned argument paper discussing why "Jude the Obscure" should not, in fact, be considered a classic piece of literature. Make sure to use examples from the text to support your position.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the following:
1) why it is important to know about the author of a novel, and
2) at least three ways that knowing about Hardy's background and life can help a reader better understand "Jude the Obscure."
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)