|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Remembrance Day?
(a) A day of celebration and ceremony.
(b) A day to remember those who died from the Black Plague.
(c) A day to remember what you are grateful for.
(d) A day to remember parents who have passed away.
2. What kind of potion does Arabella seek after seeing Jude, Sue, and little Jude at a fair?
(a) A potion that makes her appear more beautiful.
(b) A potion that will bring her great wealth.
(c) A potion that makes a man fall in love with a woman.
(d) A potion that makes a woman fall in love with a man.
3. What does Jude do once he realizes he and Sue have feelings about each other?
(a) Enroll in a university.
(b) File for divorce from Arabella.
(c) Burn his religious books.
(d) Go on a drinking binge.
4. What do Jude and Sue think they should do before Jude's child arrives?
(a) Get divorced.
(b) Take one last vacation.
(c) Get married.
(d) Stop arguing so much.
5. How many children do Jude and Sue add to their family during the time they spend traveling?
Short Answer Questions
1. What season is it when Arabella sees Sue and little Jude in Kennetbridge?
2. How does Young Jude die?
3. Why does Sue not want Jude to speak to Arabella, even after their divorce?
4. What does Mr. Phillotson allow Sue once they remarry?
5. How long do Jude and Sue travel for before they reappear at the fair in Kennetbridge?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sue and Arabella meet at the fair at Kennetbridge, what does Sue tell Arabella about her life with Jude over the past 3 years?
2. Why do Sue and Jude take a trip to London before they decide to sell their furniture and become more mobile?
3. What happens when Mr. Phillotson accidentally goes to the room where Sue sleeps and begins to undress?
4. What does Sue confess to Jude after he kills the rabbit that was stuck in a trap one night?
5. What advice about getting married does Arabella give Sue when Sue comes to the hotel to check on Arabella?
6. Why is Mr. Phillotson distracted with anticipation about Sue during her time in Melchester?
7. When he is very ill, what does Jude say to Sue when they meet in a church after she has remarried Mr. Phillotson?
8. Why is Mr. Phillotson able to return to teaching at Marygreen?
9. What does Jude accuse Sue of after he plays the piano for her in the schoolhouse?
10. What does Arabella confess to Jude when they unexpectedly meet each other in a tavern after she has returned from Australia?
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)