|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Sue and Jude living when they learn their divorces have gone through?
(a) Just outside of Aldbrickham.
2. What is Jude unable to do before his aunt dies?
(a) Get to her bedside.
(b) Convince her to leave the bakery to him.
(c) Tell her he loved her.
(d) Find out her will.
3. What does Mr. Phillotson allow Sue once they remarry?
(a) The freedom to teach again.
(b) Her own bedroom.
(c) One weekend a month with Jude.
(d) A very nice allowance.
4. Where does Mr. Phillotson work in Shaston?
(a) At a major university.
(b) At a large school.
(c) At a very private school.
(d) Out of his home, as a tutor.
5. What happens to the baby Sue is pregnant with when her other children die?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) It is kidnapped.
(c) It is born prematurely and later dies.
(d) She has a hard time becoming emotionally attached to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Jude that Sue and Mr. Phillotson have remarried?
2. What does Sue first confess she and Jude did together to indicate they have romantic feelings for each other?
3. Where does Sue go the night before her wedding to Mr. Phillotson?
4. Why does Jude decide to remarry Arabella?
5. When did Arabella give birth to Jude's child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Mr. Phillotson accidentally goes to the room where Sue sleeps and begins to undress?
2. Why does Arabella go see Mr. Phillotson after the death of Sue and Jude's children?
3. What happens that prompts Jude into remarrying Arabella?
4. When Sue and Arabella meet at the fair at Kennetbridge, what does Sue tell Arabella about her life with Jude over the past 3 years?
5. Why do Sue and Jude take a trip to London before they decide to sell their furniture and become more mobile?
6. What does Sue confess to Jude after he kills the rabbit that was stuck in a trap one night?
7. Why is Mr. Phillotson distracted with anticipation about Sue during her time in Melchester?
8. What does Jude accuse Sue of after he plays the piano for her in the schoolhouse?
9. How does Mr. Phillotson react when Sue asks him if he would consider allowing her to leave the marriage and live with Jude?
10. What does Arabella tell Mr. Phillotson when she and her friend Anny pick him up on the side of the road?
This section contains 868 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)