|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to take in Jude's child?
(c) Neither Jude nor Sue.
(d) Jude and Sue.
2. Why do Jude and Arabella take a train to Aldbrickham?
(a) So they can run away from people who judge them.
(b) So they can steal and get away with it.
(c) So they can talk without being overheard.
(d) So they can reignite their romance.
3. How long do Jude and Sue travel for before they reappear at the fair in Kennetbridge?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Three years.
(d) One year.
4. Where does Jude suggest meeting Sue, after she has married, when he learns that their aunt has taken a turn for the worse?
(a) A train station in Alfredston.
(b) His aunt's bakery.
(c) His home.
5. How do Sue and Jude's two younger children die?
(a) Young Jude stabs them.
(b) Young Jude poisons them.
(c) Young Jude hangs them.
(d) Young Jude shoots them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the baby Sue is pregnant with when her other children die?
2. Who is with Jude when he dies?
3. What is Jude unable to do before his aunt dies?
4. Why does Mr. Phillotson finally relent and agree to let Sue go live with Jude?
5. How does Young Jude die?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sue and Arabella meet at the fair at Kennetbridge, what does Sue tell Arabella about her life with Jude over the past 3 years?
2. Why is Mr. Phillotson able to return to teaching at Marygreen?
3. Why does Sue get cold feet about marrying Jude when they are at the clerk's office with Widow Edlin as their witness?
4. Why does Sue try to keep Jude quiet as he gives a spontaneous speech to the crowd on Remembrance Day?
5. After their children die, where does Jude find Sue when it appears she has gone missing?
6. What does Jude accuse Sue of after he plays the piano for her in the schoolhouse?
7. Why do Sue and Jude take a trip to London before they decide to sell their furniture and become more mobile?
8. What does Sue confess to Jude after he kills the rabbit that was stuck in a trap one night?
9. What causes Jude to think that it is time to leave Melchester?
10. What happens when Arabella comes to Jude, asking for lodging, shortly after he and Sue have separated?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)