|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to take in Jude's child?
(b) Neither Jude nor Sue.
(d) Jude and Sue.
2. Who does Sue come to Jude's aunt's funeral with?
(a) A few of her schoolchildren.
(b) A new boyfriend Jude knows nothing about.
(c) Mr. Phillotson.
(d) No one.
3. Who does Arabella go to for a potion?
(a) Mr. Phillotson.
(b) Jude's aunt.
(d) Dr. Vilbert.
4. Where are Sue and Jude living when they learn their divorces have gone through?
(d) Just outside of Aldbrickham.
5. Where does Jude tell Sue about his previous marriage?
(a) In the privacy of his own home.
(b) In a quiet marketplace.
(c) At her isolated room in Melchester.
(d) This is a trick question; he doesn't tell her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does someone in the crowd ask Jude to translate on Remembrance Day?
2. Why do Jude and Sue sell their furniture?
3. What does Jude insist he and Sue do before going to retrieve the children from their temporary overnight lodgings?
4. What does Jude suggest he and Sue do when they learn their divorces have gone through?
5. What do Jude and Sue think they should do before Jude's child arrives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Jude accuse Sue of after he plays the piano for her in the schoolhouse?
2. After their children die, where does Jude find Sue when it appears she has gone missing?
3. What causes Jude to think that it is time to leave Melchester?
4. What does Sue confess to Jude after he kills the rabbit that was stuck in a trap one night?
5. Why does Arabella go see Mr. Phillotson after the death of Sue and Jude's children?
6. What does Sue come to believe is the reason for her childrens' deaths?
7. Why is Mr. Phillotson distracted with anticipation about Sue during her time in Melchester?
8. Why is Mr. Phillotson able to return to teaching at Marygreen?
9. What happens when Arabella finds that Jude has died?
10. What happens when Mr. Phillotson accidentally goes to the room where Sue sleeps and begins to undress?
This section contains 764 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)