|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much savings does Jude have when he arrives in Christminster?
2. What is Sue's last name?
3. How do the students respond to Sue's punishment for her absence from the school?
(a) They don't care one way or the other.
(b) They protest it.
(c) They think it is too lenient.
(d) They write letters to the governor.
4. How religious is Sue when she and Jude first meet?
(a) This is a trick question; she's actually a nun.
(b) Not religious at all.
(c) A little religious.
(d) Completely religious.
5. Why does Jude decide he ultimately wants to go to Christminster?
(a) So he can try to meet his mother.
(b) So he can study further.
(c) So he can try to meet his father.
(d) So he can find a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. What wicked way does Arabella plan to make Jude marry her?
2. What job does Jude take after working at his aunt's bakery?
3. How does Jude feel about Sue's school's reaction to their night out together?
4. How many pigs escape from Arabella's yard when Jude is trying to help?
5. How does Jude react to the response to his letters to the university headmasters?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Jude's aunt tell Jude as he prepares to marry Arabella?
2. How do Sue and Jude realize they have missed the last train back to Manchester?
3. What approach to his life does Jude take after Arabella leaves?
4. What are Sue's statues so controversial?
5. What happens when Jude takes Arabella to Alfredston for the first time?
6. What does Sue have to say about the model of Jerusalem that she, Mr. Phillotson, and the schoolchildren go to see?
7. Why does Jude's aunt lament the fact that he is living with her?
8. What kind of advice does Arabella seek -- and receive -- from her friends not long after she meets Jude?
9. Why do Jude and Sue decide to walk to Mr. Phillotson's house during their first meeting?
10. Why does Mr. Phillotson decide to leave Marygreen?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)