Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the final thing that pushed Jude to go to Christminster?
(a) The death of his beloved pet dog.
(b) His completion of his degree program.
(c) A picture of his beautiful cousin.
(d) A fire in his aunt's bakery.
2. What impressive feat does Jude do at a bar to impress his fellow masons?
(a) Recite Shakespeare from memory.
(b) Show his amazing math skills.
(c) List off the alphabets of 10 languages.
(d) Recite the Creed in Latin.
3. What does Jude's aunt tell him about Sue during his first visit to see her after he moves to Christminster?
(a) That she is not really his cousin.
(b) That she will only bring trouble.
(c) That she is really his sister.
(d) That she is lying and not really who she says she is.
4. Where do Sue and Jude walk during their first meeting?
(a) To the town bakery for croissants.
(b) To Mr. Phillotson's house.
(c) To one of the beautiful colleges in town.
(d) To the church they grew up at.
5. Who does Arabella go to in order to see if she is really pregnant or not?
(a) A witch doctor.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Dr. Vilbert.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sue ask Jude to move to Melchester?
2. Why does Jude go visit his aunt for the first time after he moves to Christminster?
3. Where does Sue end up moving shortly after meeting Jude?
4. From whom does Jude learn Arabella's secret about the pregnancy?
5. What person do Jude and Sue realize they both know?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Jude react when Arabella tells him she is pregnant?
2. Why is Jude reluctant to leave his studies to meet Arabella for the first time?
3. What happens when Sue arrives at Jude's house after she escapes from her school?
4. What specifically does Jude overhear Arabella's friends talking about in regard to her false pregnancy?
5. What does Jude come to think about Sue's happiness in her marriage to Mr. Phillotson during their talk on the train to visit their sick aunt?
6. Why does Jude have to slaughter the pig he gave Arabella as a gift?
7. What advice about getting married does Arabella give Sue when Sue comes to the hotel to check on Arabella?
8. What happens when Arabella comes to Jude, asking for lodging, shortly after he and Sue have separated?
9. Why do Jude and Sue decide to walk to Mr. Phillotson's house during their first meeting?
10. When he is very ill, what does Jude say to Sue when they meet in a church after she has remarried Mr. Phillotson?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)