|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue's school suggest she and Jude do after their overnight outing?
(a) Serve a role models against misogyny.
(b) Get married to stop the controversy.
(c) Never show their face in town.
(d) Write a book about what happened afterward.
2. Who does Arabella go to in order to see if she is really pregnant or not?
(a) A witch doctor.
(b) Dr. Vilbert.
(c) Her mother.
(d) No one.
3. What does Jude do during his first day in Chrisminster?
(a) Look at the churches and colleges in the city.
(b) Get drunk.
(c) Get arrested for being a vagrant.
(d) Find a job and a place to live; he is very responsible.
4. How many letters does Jude write to the headmasters of the Christminster universities?
5. Why is Jude forced to live with his aunt?
(a) Because he ran away.
(b) Because he likes her better.
(c) Because his parents couldn't afford him anymore.
(d) Because he is orphaned.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jude go after his first main fight with Arabella?
2. What does Jude do the night of his and Arabella's first big fight?
3. What religious location does Jude go to to see Sue before he actually talks to her?
4. What job does Jude take after he is fired from his first one?
5. What does Jude's aunt tell him about Sue during his first visit to see her after he moves to Christminster?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens after someone stops Jude, as he is leaving from visiting his sick aunt, and asks if he is studying at the university?
2. What are Sue's statues so controversial?
3. What does Sue suggest about her relationship with Jude when she confesses that she and Mr. Phillotson are to marry?
4. What does Arabella scheme in order to be able to seduce Jude for the first time?
5. What specifically does Jude overhear Arabella's friends talking about in regard to her false pregnancy?
6. How does Jude react when Arabella tells him she is pregnant?
7. What does Jude's aunt tell him when he arrives at her house after his big fight with Arabella?
8. What does Sue have to say about the model of Jerusalem that she, Mr. Phillotson, and the schoolchildren go to see?
9. What approach to his life does Jude take after Arabella leaves?
10. What alternative way does Jude learn about for entering the church?
This section contains 843 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)