|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much savings does Jude have when he arrives in Christminster?
2. Where does Sue go after she leaver her school in Melchester?
(a) Jude's place.
(c) Back home to Jude's aunt's.
(d) Mr. Phillotson's mansion.
3. Why does Jude get in trouble with the police while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
(a) Because they know he is delivering messages in secret.
(b) Because he isn't paying attention.
(c) This is a trick question; he doesn't get into trouble.
(d) Because they know he is stealing money.
4. Where does Arabella finally seduce Jude?
(a) At his house.
(b) At her house.
(c) Out in the fields.
(d) At his aunt's house.
5. Where does Jude see Sue for the second time?
(a) In the shipyard.
(b) In the ballyard.
(c) In the stoneyard.
(d) In the graveyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
2. What does Jude do the night of his and Arabella's first big fight?
3. How does Jude learn that Sue has come looking for him at work?
4. What can Jude see from the roof of the old barn?
5. What does Jude learn about Arabella's pregnancy shortly after they are married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Sue arrives at Jude's house after she escapes from her school?
2. Why is Jude reluctant to leave his studies to meet Arabella for the first time?
3. What kind of advice does Arabella seek -- and receive -- from her friends not long after she meets Jude?
4. What specifically does Jude overhear Arabella's friends talking about in regard to her false pregnancy?
5. Why does Jude's aunt lament the fact that he is living with her?
6. How does Jude react when Arabella tells him she is pregnant?
7. What does Jude's aunt warn him about Sue?
8. How does the teaching relationship between Sue and Mr. Phillotson come to be?
9. What does Arabella scheme in order to be able to seduce Jude for the first time?
10. What does Sue suggest about her relationship with Jude when she confesses that she and Mr. Phillotson are to marry?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)