|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wedding gift does Jude buy Sue?
(a) A bouquet of flowers.
(b) A veil.
(c) A wedding dress.
(d) A very beautiful necklace.
2. How long do Jude and Sue travel for before they reappear at the fair in Kennetbridge?
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Ten years.
(d) Three years.
3. Who does Sue come to Jude's aunt's funeral with?
(a) A new boyfriend Jude knows nothing about.
(b) A few of her schoolchildren.
(c) Mr. Phillotson.
(d) No one.
4. How does Jude react to the letter from Sue informing him that she and Mr. Phillotson are to marry in a few weeks?
(a) He suggests they come to Melchester.
(b) He agrees to walk her down the aisle.
(c) He suggests they marry in Melchester.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
5. Where does Jude suggest meeting Sue, after she has married, when he learns that their aunt has taken a turn for the worse?
(a) His aunt's bakery.
(b) His home.
(d) A train station in Alfredston.
6. What kind of potion does Arabella seek after seeing Jude, Sue, and little Jude at a fair?
(a) A potion that will bring her great wealth.
(b) A potion that makes her appear more beautiful.
(c) A potion that makes a man fall in love with a woman.
(d) A potion that makes a woman fall in love with a man.
7. What does Jude suggest he and Sue do when they learn their divorces have gone through?
(a) Have a baby.
(b) Go out to dinner.
(c) Get married.
(d) Throw a party.
8. Who plans to be a witness to Sue and Jude's wedding before Sue gets cold feet?
(b) Widow Edlin.
(c) Jude's aunt.
(d) Mr. Phillotson.
9. Where is Mr. Phillotson working when Arabella picks him up on the side of the road?
(a) The London School of Economics.
(c) Oxford University.
10. Why do Jude and Arabella take a train to Aldbrickham?
(a) So they can reignite their romance.
(b) So they can steal and get away with it.
(c) So they can run away from people who judge them.
(d) So they can talk without being overheard.
11. What happens to the baby Sue is pregnant with when her other children die?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) She has a hard time becoming emotionally attached to it.
(c) It is kidnapped.
(d) It is born prematurely and later dies.
12. What does Sue first confess she and Jude did together to indicate they have romantic feelings for each other?
(a) Write love letters confessing their feelings.
(b) Sleep together.
(d) Hold hands.
13. What does Jude do once he realizes he and Sue have feelings about each other?
(a) Enroll in a university.
(b) Burn his religious books.
(c) Go on a drinking binge.
(d) File for divorce from Arabella.
14. Why is Jude asked to leave his job at the church?
(a) Because he interrupts the preacher so much during sermons.
(b) Because his drinking is starting to be a problem.
(c) Because of the rumors that he is living in sin (not married).
(d) Because he is caught stealing from the coffers.
15. Where are Sue and Jude living when they learn their divorces have gone through?
(a) Just outside of Aldbrickham.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arabella go to for a potion?
2. After their divorces go through, what does Sue offer to do with Jude if he does not speak to Arabella ever again?
3. What job does Jude have when he learns his and Sue's divorces have gone through?
4. What is Jude unable to do before his aunt dies?
5. Who agrees to take in Jude's child?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)