|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jude and Sue think they should do before Jude's child arrives?
(a) Get married.
(b) Take one last vacation.
(c) Get divorced.
(d) Stop arguing so much.
2. Where does Jude unexpectedly run into Arabella?
(a) A tavern.
(b) She just shows up at his job one day.
(c) She is at his aunt's house.
(d) The side of the road.
3. What does Jude do once he realizes he and Sue have feelings about each other?
(a) Burn his religious books.
(b) Go on a drinking binge.
(c) File for divorce from Arabella.
(d) Enroll in a university.
4. What does Sue first confess she and Jude did together to indicate they have romantic feelings for each other?
(b) Hold hands.
(c) Sleep together.
(d) Write love letters confessing their feelings.
5. Why do Jude and Sue sell their furniture?
(a) So people don't know how rich they are.
(b) So they can be more mobile.
(c) Because they desperately need the money.
(d) So they can claim they were robbed.
6. How many children do Jude and Sue add to their family during the time they spend traveling?
7. Why won't Sue run away with Jude, even though the have both remarried their old spouses?
(a) Because she really likes her marriage now with Mr. Phillotson.
(b) Because she thinks she is being punished for breaking her vows the first time.
(c) Because she is no longer in love with him.
(d) Because Jude is no longer in love with her.
8. When did Arabella give birth to Jude's child?
(a) Eight months after leaving their marriage.
(b) Two months after leaving their marriage.
(c) Ten months after leaving their marriage.
(d) One year after leaving their marriage.
9. What kind of potion does Arabella seek after seeing Jude, Sue, and little Jude at a fair?
(a) A potion that makes her appear more beautiful.
(b) A potion that will bring her great wealth.
(c) A potion that makes a man fall in love with a woman.
(d) A potion that makes a woman fall in love with a man.
10. What does Arabella plan to do until Jude agrees to marry her again?
(a) Make problems for him.
(b) Accuse him of being untrustworthy.
(c) Keep him drunk.
(d) Torture him with stories about how happy Sue is with Mr. Phillotson.
11. Why do Jude and Arabella take a train to Aldbrickham?
(a) So they can run away from people who judge them.
(b) So they can steal and get away with it.
(c) So they can talk without being overheard.
(d) So they can reignite their romance.
12. What is Remembrance Day?
(a) A day to remember those who died from the Black Plague.
(b) A day to remember what you are grateful for.
(c) A day of celebration and ceremony.
(d) A day to remember parents who have passed away.
13. What job does Jude have when he learns his and Sue's divorces have gone through?
(a) As a priest.
(b) As a schoolteacher.
(c) As a baker.
(d) As a tombstone maker.
14. What does Jude tell Mr. Phillotson about Sue's situation at Melchester?
(a) The truth.
(b) That he knows nothing about it.
(c) That he'll tell him what he wants to know for a large sum of money.
(d) That Sue hates him and wants to marry Jude instead.
15. Why does Sue finally agree to sleep with Mr. Phillotson after they have remarried?
(a) To make Jude jealous.
(b) To just get it over with.
(c) To try to have another baby.
(d) To repair the sins she has committed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arabella go to for a potion?
2. What is Sue doing with little Jude when Arabella spots them at the fair at Kennetbridge?
3. Where is the fair where Arabella sees Jude, Sue, and little Jude?
4. Why is Jude asked to leave his job at the church?
5. Who tells Jude that Sue and Mr. Phillotson have remarried?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)