|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arabella plan to do until Jude agrees to marry her again?
(a) Make problems for him.
(b) Keep him drunk.
(c) Torture him with stories about how happy Sue is with Mr. Phillotson.
(d) Accuse him of being untrustworthy.
2. What does Mr. Phillotson do when he hears of Sue's troubles back at Melchester?
(a) Decides never to talk to Sue again.
(b) Goes to the town and seeks out Jude.
(c) Orders Sue to return home at once.
(d) Ignores it.
3. Who does Arabella go to for a potion?
(b) Dr. Vilbert.
(c) Mr. Phillotson.
(d) Jude's aunt.
4. Where does Sue go the night before her wedding to Mr. Phillotson?
(b) The bar.
(c) To see Jude.
(d) His home.
5. Where are Sue and Jude living when they learn their divorces have gone through?
(d) Just outside of Aldbrickham.
6. How does Jude react to the letter from Sue informing him that she and Mr. Phillotson are to marry in a few weeks?
(a) He agrees to walk her down the aisle.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) He suggests they marry in Melchester.
(d) He suggests they come to Melchester.
7. Who is allowed to stay at the first place that offers to house Sue?
(a) Only Sue and Jude.
(b) Only the children.
(c) Only Jude.
(d) Only Sue and the children.
8. Where does Jude play for Sue the song that impressed him so much on the piano?
(a) On a guitar out in the field.
(b) In her schoolhouse.
(c) On the piano at the library.
(d) In his own house.
9. Why do Jude and Arabella take a train to Aldbrickham?
(a) So they can run away from people who judge them.
(b) So they can steal and get away with it.
(c) So they can talk without being overheard.
(d) So they can reignite their romance.
10. What does Jude do once he realizes he and Sue have feelings about each other?
(a) Go on a drinking binge.
(b) Burn his religious books.
(c) File for divorce from Arabella.
(d) Enroll in a university.
11. How does Young Jude die?
(a) He shoots himself.
(b) He hangs himself.
(c) Someone stabs him.
(d) He stabs himself.
12. What does Jude suggest he and Sue do when they learn their divorces have gone through?
(a) Have a baby.
(b) Throw a party.
(c) Go out to dinner.
(d) Get married.
13. What is Sue doing with little Jude when Arabella spots them at the fair at Kennetbridge?
(a) Selling shoes.
(b) Buying bread.
(c) Selling cakes.
14. What happens after Mr. Phillotson lets Sue leave to go and be with Jude?
(a) A meeting of the school managers is called.
(b) He quits his job.
(c) He pretends like nothing is wrong and most people don't notice anyway.
(d) He realizes he is happier without her.
15. Why is little Jude teased at school?
(a) Because he only speaks Spanish.
(b) Because he is very, very tall.
(c) Because his parents aren't married.
(d) Because he is too old for his grade.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it so difficult for Sue and Jude to find lodging on Remembrance Day?
2. When did Arabella give birth to Jude's child?
3. Where does Jude unexpectedly run into Arabella?
4. How does Jude find out that he fathered a child with Arabella?
5. What does Jude want Sue and the children to see on Remembrance Day?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)