|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who agrees to take in Jude's child?
(a) Jude and Sue.
(b) Neither Jude nor Sue.
2. When did Arabella give birth to Jude's child?
(a) Two months after leaving their marriage.
(b) Eight months after leaving their marriage.
(c) Ten months after leaving their marriage.
(d) One year after leaving their marriage.
3. How does Young Jude die?
(a) He stabs himself.
(b) Someone stabs him.
(c) He hangs himself.
(d) He shoots himself.
4. Where does Jude suggest meeting Sue, after she has married, when he learns that their aunt has taken a turn for the worse?
(b) His aunt's bakery.
(c) A train station in Alfredston.
(d) His home.
5. How do Sue and Jude's two younger children die?
(a) Young Jude stabs them.
(b) Young Jude hangs them.
(c) Young Jude poisons them.
(d) Young Jude shoots them.
6. Why does Young Jude become irritated with Sue as they try to find somewhere to stay?
(a) This is a trick question; he doesn't get irritated with Sue.
(b) He is mad she let herself get pregnant.
(c) He is mad she isn't married to Jude.
(d) He is mad she is so dumb.
7. Where is Mr. Phillotson working when Arabella picks him up on the side of the road?
(b) Oxford University.
(c) The London School of Economics.
8. When does Sue first allow Jude to kiss her?
(a) At his aunt's bedside.
(b) At the train station, as she is leaving from his aunt's funeral.
(d) Exactly two years after her wedding to Mr. Phillotson.
9. What does Sue refuse to discuss with Jude on their train to Marygreen together, as they travel to visit their dying aunt?
(a) The time she spent in Melchester.
(b) How rude Jude was last time they saw each other.
(c) The fact that their aunt may die before they arrive.
(d) The details of her life with Mr. Phillotson.
10. Why do Jude and Arabella take a train to Aldbrickham?
(a) So they can steal and get away with it.
(b) So they can reignite their romance.
(c) So they can talk without being overheard.
(d) So they can run away from people who judge them.
11. What does Jude insist he and Sue do before going to retrieve the children from their temporary overnight lodgings?
(a) Promise never to spend the night apart again.
(b) Get married.
(c) Have breakfast together.
(d) Find a new place for everyone to stay.
12. Why is it so difficult for Sue and Jude to find lodging on Remembrance Day?
(a) Because rumors say Sue and Jude aren't married.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) Because Sue and Jude have so many children.
(d) Because Sue is pregnant.
13. How does Jude find out that he fathered a child with Arabella?
(a) His aunt has to tell him.
(b) Through a letter.
(c) He reads about it in the paper.
(d) By accident.
14. Where does Sue go the night before her wedding to Mr. Phillotson?
(a) His home.
(b) The bar.
(c) To see Jude.
15. What does Arabella do when Dr. Vilbert arrives one day to check on Jude?
(a) Poison Dr. Vilbert's coffee.
(b) Pretend to be sick herself so she gets more attention.
(c) Comes on to him.
(d) Accuses him of poisoning Jude.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Sue doing with little Jude when Arabella spots them at the fair at Kennetbridge?
2. What happens to the baby Sue is pregnant with when her other children die?
3. How does Jude react to the letter from Sue informing him that she and Mr. Phillotson are to marry in a few weeks?
4. Who does Arabella go to for a potion?
5. What does Jude want Sue and the children to see on Remembrance Day?
This section contains 663 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)