Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Arabella go to for a potion?
(a) Dr. Vilbert.
(b) Mr. Phillotson.
(d) Jude's aunt.
2. What happens to the baby Sue is pregnant with when her other children die?
(a) She has a hard time becoming emotionally attached to it.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) It is kidnapped.
(d) It is born prematurely and later dies.
3. What does Jude insist he and Sue do before going to retrieve the children from their temporary overnight lodgings?
(a) Promise never to spend the night apart again.
(b) Have breakfast together.
(c) Find a new place for everyone to stay.
(d) Get married.
4. What does someone in the crowd ask Jude to translate on Remembrance Day?
(a) A prayer in English.
(b) A newspaper in French.
(c) An opera song sung in Spanish.
(d) A plaque written in Latin.
5. Where are Sue and Jude living when they learn their divorces have gone through?
(a) Just outside of Aldbrickham.
6. What does Arabella do when Dr. Vilbert arrives one day to check on Jude?
(a) Accuses him of poisoning Jude.
(b) Pretend to be sick herself so she gets more attention.
(c) Poison Dr. Vilbert's coffee.
(d) Comes on to him.
7. Who is allowed to stay at the first place that offers to house Sue?
(a) Only Sue and Jude.
(b) Only Jude.
(c) Only Sue and the children.
(d) Only the children.
8. What is the topic of the speech that Jude makes to a crowd on Remembrance Day?
(a) How divorce shouldn't have the stigma it does.
(b) How education should be limited only to the wealthy.
(c) How education should be available to everyone.
(d) How much he loves Sue.
9. Why does Sue not want Jude to speak to Arabella, even after their divorce?
(a) Because she knows they really are still married.
(b) Because she knows Arabella is going to try to kill him.
(c) Because she just likes to bully Jude around.
(d) Because she feels threatened by Arabella.
10. Where is Mr. Phillotson working when Arabella picks him up on the side of the road?
(b) The London School of Economics.
(c) Oxford University.
11. Why does Sue finally agree to sleep with Mr. Phillotson after they have remarried?
(a) To make Jude jealous.
(b) To repair the sins she has committed.
(c) To just get it over with.
(d) To try to have another baby.
12. What happens after Mr. Phillotson lets Sue leave to go and be with Jude?
(a) A meeting of the school managers is called.
(b) He pretends like nothing is wrong and most people don't notice anyway.
(c) He quits his job.
(d) He realizes he is happier without her.
13. What does Jude confess to Sue after the funeral of Jude's aunt?
(a) That he is going to inherit a lot of money.
(b) That he never liked her anyway.
(c) That he wishes Sue had not married Mr. Phillotson.
(d) That although they had their problems, he really loved her.
14. Where does Jude play for Sue the song that impressed him so much on the piano?
(a) On the piano at the library.
(b) In his own house.
(c) On a guitar out in the field.
(d) In her schoolhouse.
15. What does Jude suggest he and Sue do when they learn their divorces have gone through?
(a) Throw a party.
(b) Get married.
(c) Go out to dinner.
(d) Have a baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is it so difficult for Sue and Jude to find lodging on Remembrance Day?
2. What does Arabella turn to after her husband dies?
3. How does Jude find out that he fathered a child with Arabella?
4. What causes Sue to react badly the night before her wedding to Mr. Phillotson?
5. After their divorces go through, what does Sue offer to do with Jude if he does not speak to Arabella ever again?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)