|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Young Jude die?
(a) Someone stabs him.
(b) He hangs himself.
(c) He shoots himself.
(d) He stabs himself.
2. When did Arabella give birth to Jude's child?
(a) Two months after leaving their marriage.
(b) Ten months after leaving their marriage.
(c) Eight months after leaving their marriage.
(d) One year after leaving their marriage.
3. After their divorces go through, what does Sue offer to do with Jude if he does not speak to Arabella ever again?
(a) Help him avoid the law.
(b) Sleep with him.
(c) Run away with him.
(d) Let him have access to her large inheritance.
4. Where does Sue go the night before her wedding to Mr. Phillotson?
(a) His home.
(b) To see Jude.
(c) The bar.
5. Who does Sue come to Jude's aunt's funeral with?
(a) A few of her schoolchildren.
(b) Mr. Phillotson.
(c) No one.
(d) A new boyfriend Jude knows nothing about.
6. What do Jude and Sue think they should do before Jude's child arrives?
(a) Stop arguing so much.
(b) Get married.
(c) Get divorced.
(d) Take one last vacation.
7. What animal gets caught in a trap the night after Jude's aunt's funeral?
(a) A mouse.
(b) A coyote.
(c) A snake.
(d) A rabbit.
8. What happens after Mr. Phillotson lets Sue leave to go and be with Jude?
(a) He quits his job.
(b) He pretends like nothing is wrong and most people don't notice anyway.
(c) A meeting of the school managers is called.
(d) He realizes he is happier without her.
9. Why do Jude and Arabella take a train to Aldbrickham?
(a) So they can reignite their romance.
(b) So they can talk without being overheard.
(c) So they can run away from people who judge them.
(d) So they can steal and get away with it.
10. Who is allowed to stay at the first place that offers to house Sue?
(a) Only Sue and the children.
(b) Only Jude.
(c) Only Sue and Jude.
(d) Only the children.
11. When does Sue first allow Jude to kiss her?
(a) At his aunt's bedside.
(c) At the train station, as she is leaving from his aunt's funeral.
(d) Exactly two years after her wedding to Mr. Phillotson.
12. What happens to the baby Sue is pregnant with when her other children die?
(a) It is born prematurely and later dies.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) She has a hard time becoming emotionally attached to it.
(d) It is kidnapped.
13. How long do Jude and Sue travel for before they reappear at the fair in Kennetbridge?
(a) Ten years.
(b) One year.
(c) Five years.
(d) Three years.
14. How many children do Jude and Sue add to their family during the time they spend traveling?
15. What does someone in the crowd ask Jude to translate on Remembrance Day?
(a) A newspaper in French.
(b) A prayer in English.
(c) A plaque written in Latin.
(d) An opera song sung in Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jude decide to remarry Arabella?
2. Who does Arabella go to for a potion?
3. Who puts the trapped animal out of its misery (the night of Jude's aunt's funeral)?
4. Why is little Jude teased at school?
5. Where does Mr. Phillotson work in Shaston?
This section contains 590 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)