|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Sixth, At Christminster Again: Chapters 5-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sue move to Melchester?
(a) She has entered training school there.
(b) She wants to be far away from Mr. Phillotson.
(c) She wants to be nearer to Jude.
(d) She wants to be far away from Jude.
2. What does Jude insist he and Sue do before going to retrieve the children from their temporary overnight lodgings?
(a) Get married.
(b) Find a new place for everyone to stay.
(c) Have breakfast together.
(d) Promise never to spend the night apart again.
3. How does Jude learn about the stone-master he approaches in Christminster?
(a) From his previous employer.
(b) From his aunt.
(c) From a radio ad.
(d) From an ad in the paper.
4. What happens after Mr. Phillotson lets Sue leave to go and be with Jude?
(a) He realizes he is happier without her.
(b) He pretends like nothing is wrong and most people don't notice anyway.
(c) A meeting of the school managers is called.
(d) He quits his job.
5. How do Sue and Jude's two younger children die?
(a) Young Jude shoots them.
(b) Young Jude hangs them.
(c) Young Jude stabs them.
(d) Young Jude poisons them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arabella plan to do until Jude agrees to marry her again?
2. Who puts the trapped animal out of its misery (the night of Jude's aunt's funeral)?
3. What was the final thing that pushed Jude to go to Christminster?
4. What are Young Jude's final words to Sue?
5. Where does Sue leave a note for Jude before they officially meet each other?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)