|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Sixth, At Christminster Again: Chapters 5-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Jude and Sue think they should do before Jude's child arrives?
(a) Get divorced.
(b) Stop arguing so much.
(c) Take one last vacation.
(d) Get married.
2. How religious is Sue when she and Jude first meet?
(a) A little religious.
(b) Not religious at all.
(c) Completely religious.
(d) This is a trick question; she's actually a nun.
3. How does Jude find out that he fathered a child with Arabella?
(a) His aunt has to tell him.
(b) By accident.
(c) Through a letter.
(d) He reads about it in the paper.
4. Why is it so difficult for Sue and Jude to find lodging on Remembrance Day?
(a) Because rumors say Sue and Jude aren't married.
(b) Because Sue is pregnant.
(c) Because Sue and Jude have so many children.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
5. What happens to the baby Sue is pregnant with when her other children die?
(a) It is born prematurely and later dies.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) She has a hard time becoming emotionally attached to it.
(d) It is kidnapped.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pigs escape from Arabella's yard when Jude is trying to help?
2. How long after his marriage to Arabella does Jude finally arrive in Christminster?
3. Where does the novel first take place when it begins?
4. How does Jude react to the response to his letters to the university headmasters?
5. What kind of potion does Arabella seek after seeing Jude, Sue, and little Jude at a fair?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)