|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Sixth, At Christminster Again: Chapters 5-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Sue and Jude not make it back to Christminster after a trip to a museum in a nearby town?
(a) Because they miss the last train.
(b) Because they decide to elope.
(c) Because Sue breaks her ankle.
(d) Because Jude gets too drunk to know the way home.
2. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
(a) Mr. Phillotson.
(b) His mother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) The neighborhood priest.
3. Why does Young Jude become irritated with Sue as they try to find somewhere to stay?
(a) This is a trick question; he doesn't get irritated with Sue.
(b) He is mad she isn't married to Jude.
(c) He is mad she let herself get pregnant.
(d) He is mad she is so dumb.
4. From whom does Jude learn Arabella's secret about the pregnancy?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Her friends.
(c) Arabella's father.
(d) Arabella's diary.
5. What job does Jude take after working at his aunt's bakery?
(a) As an apprentice to a medicine man.
(b) As an apprentice to a preacher.
(c) As an apprentice to a stone mason.
(d) As an apprentice to a cobbler.
Short Answer Questions
1. When is Jude going to school when the novel first begins?
2. What happens to Sue immediately upon her return to Melchester?
3. When do Jude and Sue return to Melchester after their trip out of town to see a museum?
4. How much savings does Jude have when he arrives in Christminster?
5. What is Jude's full name?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)