|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Sixth, At Christminster Again: Chapters 5-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Jude the Obscure" first published?
2. Why is little Jude teased at school?
(a) Because he is very, very tall.
(b) Because his parents aren't married.
(c) Because he only speaks Spanish.
(d) Because he is too old for his grade.
3. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
(a) 4 to 6.
(b) 18 to 20.
(c) 10 to 12.
(d) 14 to 16.
4. Where are Sue and Jude living when they learn their divorces have gone through?
(b) Just outside of Aldbrickham.
5. Why does Sue ask Jude to move to Melchester?
(a) So he will have somewhere other than his aunt's house to live.
(b) So he can be nearer to his children.
(c) So he can protect her from Mr. Phillotson.
(d) So he can be nearer to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What interest does Mr. Phillotson take up while Sue is in Melchester?
2. What is the topic of the speech that Jude makes to a crowd on Remembrance Day?
3. Where does Jude pick up Arabella on their first real outing?
4. Who is with Jude when he dies?
5. How does Sue respond when Jude asks if there is any romance between her and Mr. Phillotson?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)