|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Sixth, At Christminster Again: Chapters 5-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jude's first job when he is younger?
(a) To simply stay out of trouble.
(b) To scare away the birds from a farmer's field.
(c) To beg for food and money.
(d) To shine shoes.
2. How does Young Jude die?
(a) Someone stabs him.
(b) He shoots himself.
(c) He stabs himself.
(d) He hangs himself.
3. What does Arabella turn to after her husband dies?
4. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
(a) 10 to 12.
(b) 18 to 20.
(c) 14 to 16.
(d) 4 to 6.
5. How do the students respond to Sue's punishment for her absence from the school?
(a) They don't care one way or the other.
(b) They protest it.
(c) They write letters to the governor.
(d) They think it is too lenient.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jude arrange to meet Sue for the first time?
2. Why won't Sue run away with Jude, even though the have both remarried their old spouses?
3. Why does Young Jude become irritated with Sue as they try to find somewhere to stay?
4. What happens to the baby Sue is pregnant with when her other children die?
5. Who is allowed to stay at the first place that offers to house Sue?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)