|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Sixth, At Christminster Again: Chapters 5-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
(a) 10 to 12.
(b) 4 to 6.
(c) 14 to 16.
(d) 18 to 20.
2. What job does Sue take that keeps her close to Jude?
(a) A librarian.
(b) A dancer.
(c) A painter.
(d) A pupil-teacher.
3. What happens after Mr. Phillotson lets Sue leave to go and be with Jude?
(a) He quits his job.
(b) A meeting of the school managers is called.
(c) He pretends like nothing is wrong and most people don't notice anyway.
(d) He realizes he is happier without her.
4. Where does Jude unexpectedly run into Arabella?
(a) The side of the road.
(b) A tavern.
(c) She is at his aunt's house.
(d) She just shows up at his job one day.
5. What job does Mr. Phillotson have when he is first introduced into the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jude and Arabella first share a beer together?
2. What impressive feat does Jude do at a bar to impress his fellow masons?
3. How does Sue respond when Jude asks if there is any romance between her and Mr. Phillotson?
4. What happens to Sue immediately upon her return to Melchester?
5. What prevents Jude from enrolling in one of Christminster's schools when he first arrives?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)