|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Sixth, At Christminster Again: Chapters 5-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sue move to Melchester?
(a) She wants to be nearer to Jude.
(b) She wants to be far away from Jude.
(c) She has entered training school there.
(d) She wants to be far away from Mr. Phillotson.
2. How do the students respond to Sue's punishment for her absence from the school?
(a) They don't care one way or the other.
(b) They think it is too lenient.
(c) They write letters to the governor.
(d) They protest it.
3. After their divorces go through, what does Sue offer to do with Jude if he does not speak to Arabella ever again?
(a) Let him have access to her large inheritance.
(b) Help him avoid the law.
(c) Sleep with him.
(d) Run away with him.
4. How does Jude learn about the stone-master he approaches in Christminster?
(a) From a radio ad.
(b) From his previous employer.
(c) From an ad in the paper.
(d) From his aunt.
5. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
(a) As incredibly smart but shy.
(b) As young and pretty.
(c) As very kind but not very smart.
(d) As ugly and mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jude forced to live with his aunt?
2. When they first meet, where does Sue tell Jude she is thinking of moving to?
3. How long do Jude and Sue travel for before they reappear at the fair in Kennetbridge?
4. What does Jude do in secret while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
5. How long after his marriage to Arabella does Jude finally arrive in Christminster?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)