|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Sixth, At Christminster Again: Chapters 5-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sue and Jude walk during their first meeting?
(a) To the town bakery for croissants.
(b) To one of the beautiful colleges in town.
(c) To the church they grew up at.
(d) To Mr. Phillotson's house.
2. Where does Jude suggest meeting Sue, after she has married, when he learns that their aunt has taken a turn for the worse?
(a) A train station in Alfredston.
(c) His home.
(d) His aunt's bakery.
3. How religious is Sue when she and Jude first meet?
(a) Not religious at all.
(b) Completely religious.
(c) A little religious.
(d) This is a trick question; she's actually a nun.
4. Who does Sue come to Jude's aunt's funeral with?
(a) Mr. Phillotson.
(b) No one.
(c) A new boyfriend Jude knows nothing about.
(d) A few of her schoolchildren.
5. When is Jude going to school when the novel first begins?
(a) At night.
(b) All day.
(c) In the morning.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jude and Arabella first meet alone?
2. How many letters does Jude write to the headmasters of the Christminster universities?
3. Why does Sue write to Jude and ask her not to come see her anymore in Shaston?
4. What does Mr. Phillotson hope he can do with Sue in Shaston?
5. How does Arabella first get Jude's attention?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)