|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Sixth, At Christminster Again: Chapters 5-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jude confess to Sue after the funeral of Jude's aunt?
(a) That he never liked her anyway.
(b) That he wishes Sue had not married Mr. Phillotson.
(c) That he is going to inherit a lot of money.
(d) That although they had their problems, he really loved her.
2. What does Jude do during his first day in Chrisminster?
(a) Get arrested for being a vagrant.
(b) Look at the churches and colleges in the city.
(c) Get drunk.
(d) Find a job and a place to live; he is very responsible.
3. How does Jude discover that Arabella has left him?
(a) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(b) She leaves him a cruel message on the fridge.
(c) He returns to an empty house.
(d) She has a messenger deliver the news.
4. Where are Sue and Jude living when they learn their divorces have gone through?
(b) Just outside of Aldbrickham.
5. Why won't Sue run away with Jude, even though the have both remarried their old spouses?
(a) Because she is no longer in love with him.
(b) Because she really likes her marriage now with Mr. Phillotson.
(c) Because she thinks she is being punished for breaking her vows the first time.
(d) Because Jude is no longer in love with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sue and Jude's two younger children die?
2. What is the topic of the speech that Jude makes to a crowd on Remembrance Day?
3. What kind of potion does Arabella seek after seeing Jude, Sue, and little Jude at a fair?
4. What does Jude insist he and Sue do before going to retrieve the children from their temporary overnight lodgings?
5. What person do Jude and Sue realize they both know?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)