|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the barn that has the roof Jude climbs as a youngster?
(a) Red House.
(b) Brown House.
(c) Barn House.
(d) Hen House.
2. What scandalous job did Arabella once have?
(a) Carnival worker.
(b) Traveling saleswoman.
3. Why do Jude and Sue sell their furniture?
(a) So they can claim they were robbed.
(b) So people don't know how rich they are.
(c) Because they desperately need the money.
(d) So they can be more mobile.
4. What does Jude do once he realizes he and Sue have feelings about each other?
(a) Enroll in a university.
(b) File for divorce from Arabella.
(c) Go on a drinking binge.
(d) Burn his religious books.
5. How does Sue let Jude know that she knows he loves her?
(a) Through a messenger.
(b) In a phone call.
(c) In person.
(d) In a letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jude not approach Sue when he first sees her?
2. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
3. Where does Jude play for Sue the song that impressed him so much on the piano?
4. What does Sue buy statues of one day?
5. What is Sue doing with little Jude when Arabella spots them at the fair at Kennetbridge?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)