|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sue not want Jude to speak to Arabella, even after their divorce?
(a) Because she just likes to bully Jude around.
(b) Because she feels threatened by Arabella.
(c) Because she knows they really are still married.
(d) Because she knows Arabella is going to try to kill him.
2. What does Jude give Arabella after she leaves him?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) The money from the sale of their pig meat.
(c) All the furnishings from the house.
(d) All of his savings.
3. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mr. Phillotson.
(c) His aunt.
(d) The neighborhood priest.
4. What advice does Jude receive in response to his letters to the headmasters of the Christminster universities?
(a) That he can attend free of charge.
(b) That he not aspire to an education.
(c) He actually never receives any replies.
(d) That he can enroll next semester as long as he has the funds.
5. What noteworthy item did Jude give Arabella as a wedding gift that he later discovers she has abandoned?
(a) A picture of their house.
(b) An original-edition book.
(c) A golden ring.
(d) A picture of himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the fair where Arabella sees Jude, Sue, and little Jude?
2. What does Jude do to Arabella that causes her to claim he is abusive?
3. Where are Sue and Jude living when they learn their divorces have gone through?
4. What is Jude's first impression of Sue from afar?
5. How long do Jude and Sue travel for before they reappear at the fair in Kennetbridge?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)