|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue's school suggest she and Jude do after their overnight outing?
(a) Get married to stop the controversy.
(b) Never show their face in town.
(c) Serve a role models against misogyny.
(d) Write a book about what happened afterward.
2. Where do Sue and Mr. Phillotson take schoolchildren on a field trip?
(a) To see a model of Jerusalem.
(b) To a movie.
(c) To the oldest church in town.
(d) To the city park.
3. What impressive feat does Jude do at a bar to impress his fellow masons?
(a) Recite the Creed in Latin.
(b) Recite Shakespeare from memory.
(c) Show his amazing math skills.
(d) List off the alphabets of 10 languages.
4. What happens after Mr. Phillotson lets Sue leave to go and be with Jude?
(a) A meeting of the school managers is called.
(b) He quits his job.
(c) He realizes he is happier without her.
(d) He pretends like nothing is wrong and most people don't notice anyway.
5. What advice does Jude receive in response to his letters to the headmasters of the Christminster universities?
(a) That he can enroll next semester as long as he has the funds.
(b) That he not aspire to an education.
(c) That he can attend free of charge.
(d) He actually never receives any replies.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jude suggest he and Sue do when they learn their divorces have gone through?
2. How does Jude discover that Arabella has left him?
3. Why does Sue not want Jude to speak to Arabella, even after their divorce?
4. What is Jude's first job when he is younger?
5. Where does Mr. Phillotson work in Shaston?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)