|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Arabella go to in order to see if she is really pregnant or not?
(a) No one.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A witch doctor.
(d) Dr. Vilbert.
2. How do the students respond to Sue's punishment for her absence from the school?
(a) They write letters to the governor.
(b) They think it is too lenient.
(c) They don't care one way or the other.
(d) They protest it.
3. What pictures does Sue have on her dressing table in Melchester?
(a) No one, which some people find strange.
(b) Pictures of Jude and a young girl.
(c) Pictures of her mother.
(d) One of Mr. Phillotson and an unknown young man.
4. What advice does Jude receive in response to his letters to the headmasters of the Christminster universities?
(a) That he not aspire to an education.
(b) That he can enroll next semester as long as he has the funds.
(c) He actually never receives any replies.
(d) That he can attend free of charge.
5. With whose name do Jude and Sue decide to get his son christened with?
(a) Arabella's father's.
(b) Jude's father's.
Short Answer Questions
1. What scandalous job did Arabella once have?
2. Why does Jude get in trouble with the police while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
3. What prevents Jude from enrolling in one of Christminster's schools when he first arrives?
4. What is Arabella's full name?
5. What does Sue buy statues of one day?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)