|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plans to be a witness to Sue and Jude's wedding before Sue gets cold feet?
(a) Widow Edlin.
(b) Mr. Phillotson.
(c) Jude's aunt.
2. Where does Jude tell Sue about his previous marriage?
(a) In the privacy of his own home.
(b) In a quiet marketplace.
(c) This is a trick question; he doesn't tell her.
(d) At her isolated room in Melchester.
3. Why does Jude go visit his aunt for the first time after he moves to Christminster?
(a) Because she keeps sending him mean letters.
(b) Because she is ill.
(c) Because he misses her.
(d) Because he wants to buy her bakery.
4. What interest does Mr. Phillotson take up while Sue is in Melchester?
(a) Roman-Catholic rituals.
(b) Roman-Britannic antiquities.
(c) Greek and Roman architecture.
(d) Greek and Roman vases.
5. Why does Mr. Phillotson finally relent and agree to let Sue go live with Jude?
(a) He is tired of hearing her cry at night.
(b) He simply has no more patience.
(c) He has a secret plan to get even with them later.
(d) He thinks it is the moral thing to do.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Sue and Jude walk during their first meeting?
2. Who does Sue come to Jude's aunt's funeral with?
3. Why does Sue write to Jude and ask her not to come see her anymore in Shaston?
4. What is Jude's first job when he is younger?
5. What does Jude do to Arabella that causes her to claim he is abusive?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)