|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What impressive feat does Jude do at a bar to impress his fellow masons?
(a) List off the alphabets of 10 languages.
(b) Show his amazing math skills.
(c) Recite the Creed in Latin.
(d) Recite Shakespeare from memory.
2. Why does Mr. Phillotson finally relent and agree to let Sue go live with Jude?
(a) He has a secret plan to get even with them later.
(b) He thinks it is the moral thing to do.
(c) He simply has no more patience.
(d) He is tired of hearing her cry at night.
3. How does Jude discover that Arabella has left him?
(a) She leaves him a cruel message on the fridge.
(b) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(c) He returns to an empty house.
(d) She has a messenger deliver the news.
4. What does Jude do in secret while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
(a) Eat the baked goods.
(b) Read books.
(c) Delivery messages for people dating in secret.
(d) Steal money.
5. What does Jude do to Arabella that causes her to claim he is abusive?
(a) Purposefully trip her.
(b) Purposefull pull her fake hair out of its braid.
(c) Accidentally pull her fake hair out of its braid.
(d) Accidentally trip her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jude's first impression of Sue from afar?
2. What is Jude unable to do before his aunt dies?
3. Where does Jude see Sue for the second time?
4. What job does Jude take after he is fired from his first one?
5. Who agrees to take in Jude's child?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)