|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much savings does Jude have when he arrives in Christminster?
2. What interest does Mr. Phillotson take up while Sue is in Melchester?
(a) Greek and Roman architecture.
(b) Greek and Roman vases.
(c) Roman-Catholic rituals.
(d) Roman-Britannic antiquities.
3. Where do Jude and his aunt live when he is young?
(a) In the backhouse of someone's farm.
(b) They drift from place to place.
(c) In the bakery.
(d) In the church basement.
4. How does Sue react to Jude's declaration that he wants to be a priest?
(a) She is angry because it means he won't be rich.
(b) She is sad because she knows priests can't be married.
(c) She is so proud of him.
(d) They argue.
5. Why is little Jude teased at school?
(a) Because he is too old for his grade.
(b) Because he only speaks Spanish.
(c) Because he is very, very tall.
(d) Because his parents aren't married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jude go visit his aunt for the first time after he moves to Christminster?
2. What does Jude suggest he and Sue do when they learn their divorces have gone through?
3. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
4. Where does Jude arrange to meet Sue for the first time?
5. Where does Sue live when Jude first meets her?
This section contains 270 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)