|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Jude going to school when the novel first begins?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) At night.
(c) In the morning.
(d) All day.
2. Why do Jude and Sue sell their furniture?
(a) So they can claim they were robbed.
(b) So people don't know how rich they are.
(c) So they can be more mobile.
(d) Because they desperately need the money.
3. What upsetting gesture does Jude see between Mr. Phillotson and Sue shortly after they meet?
(a) He kisses her on the cheek.
(b) He puts his arm around her.
(c) She kisses him on the cheek.
(d) They are kissing each other when they think no one is watching.
4. Why does Sue write to Jude and ask her not to come see her anymore in Shaston?
(a) Because his drinking is really getting to be a problem.
(b) Because it is too difficult for her.
(c) Because he is too ugly for her tastes.
(d) Because Mr. Phillotson will get too mad.
5. What job does Mr. Phillotson have when he is first introduced into the text?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Jude feel about Sue's school's reaction to their night out together?
2. When does Sue first allow Jude to kiss her?
3. Why does Jude go visit his aunt for the first time after he moves to Christminster?
4. Where do Sue and Jude walk during their first meeting?
5. Why does Sue not want Jude to speak to Arabella, even after their divorce?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)