|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which word best describes how Jude feels toward Sue during the first days he observes her?
2. What does Arabella do with all of the things Jude gives her after she leaves him?
(a) Clean them off and secretly put them back in their house.
(b) Sell them to a broker.
(c) Chop them up in a fit of rage.
(d) Burn them in the town square.
3. How long after she seduces Jude does Arabella think she might be pregnant?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Two years.
4. How does Jude decide he will alternatively enter the church?
(a) By going on a hunger strike until they let him in.
(b) By lying about his credentials.
(c) By stealing money to pay for it.
(d) By becoming a licentiate.
5. What job does Jude have when he learns his and Sue's divorces have gone through?
(a) As a schoolteacher.
(b) As a baker.
(c) As a priest.
(d) As a tombstone maker.
Short Answer Questions
1. What pictures does Sue have on her dressing table in Melchester?
2. How many pigs escape from Arabella's yard when Jude is trying to help?
3. What does Arabella throw at Jude when he accuses her of faking the pregnancy?
4. When was "Jude the Obscure" first published?
5. Why did Sue come to live in Christminster in the first place?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)