|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jude's aunt tell him about Sue during his first visit to see her after he moves to Christminster?
(a) That she is lying and not really who she says she is.
(b) That she will only bring trouble.
(c) That she is really his sister.
(d) That she is not really his cousin.
2. What noteworthy item did Jude give Arabella as a wedding gift that he later discovers she has abandoned?
(a) A picture of their house.
(b) A golden ring.
(c) A picture of himself.
(d) An original-edition book.
3. Where does Jude suggest meeting Sue, after she has married, when he learns that their aunt has taken a turn for the worse?
(a) A train station in Alfredston.
(b) His home.
(d) His aunt's bakery.
4. How does Jude react to the letter from Sue informing him that she and Mr. Phillotson are to marry in a few weeks?
(a) He suggests they marry in Melchester.
(b) He agrees to walk her down the aisle.
(c) He suggests they come to Melchester.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
5. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
(a) Mr. Phillotson.
(b) His mother.
(c) His aunt.
(d) The neighborhood priest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Jude have when he learns his and Sue's divorces have gone through?
2. When does Sue plan to marry Mr. Phillotson?
3. Where do Jude and Arabella first meet alone?
4. What does Mr. Phillotson hope he can do with Sue in Shaston?
5. What does Jude tell Mr. Phillotson about Sue's situation at Melchester?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)