|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fourth, At Shaston: Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jude learn about the stone-master he approaches in Christminster?
(a) From his aunt.
(b) From his previous employer.
(c) From an ad in the paper.
(d) From a radio ad.
2. What does Jude tell Mr. Phillotson about Sue's situation at Melchester?
(a) That Sue hates him and wants to marry Jude instead.
(b) That he'll tell him what he wants to know for a large sum of money.
(c) The truth.
(d) That he knows nothing about it.
3. How many pigs escape from Arabella's yard when Jude is trying to help?
4. Where does Jude suggest meeting Sue, after she has married, when he learns that their aunt has taken a turn for the worse?
(b) His home.
(c) His aunt's bakery.
(d) A train station in Alfredston.
5. Who puts the trapped animal out of its misery (the night of Jude's aunt's funeral)?
(a) Mr. Phillotson.
Short Answer Questions
1. When they first meet, where does Sue tell Jude she is thinking of moving to?
2. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
3. Why does Jude not approach Sue when he first sees her?
4. What causes Jude to be fired from his first job as a youth?
5. Who does Sue come to Jude's aunt's funeral with?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)