|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fourth, At Shaston: Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Phillotson do when he hears of Sue's troubles back at Melchester?
(a) Ignores it.
(b) Goes to the town and seeks out Jude.
(c) Orders Sue to return home at once.
(d) Decides never to talk to Sue again.
2. Why did Sue come to live in Christminster in the first place?
(a) She was in love with someone else.
(b) She was attending the university there.
(c) She was born there.
(d) Her father disowned her.
3. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
(a) Mr. Phillotson.
(b) The neighborhood priest.
(c) His aunt.
(d) His mother.
4. Where does Jude suggest meeting Sue, after she has married, when he learns that their aunt has taken a turn for the worse?
(a) His aunt's bakery.
(b) His home.
(d) A train station in Alfredston.
5. What does Jude asks his aunt about during his first visit there after he moves to Christminster?
(a) Running a bakery.
(b) What money he will inherit if she dies.
(d) His parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Jude tell Sue about his previous marriage?
2. Why do Sue and Jude not make it back to Christminster after a trip to a museum in a nearby town?
3. How does Arabella react to Jude's slaughtering of her pig?
4. What is the name of the barn that has the roof Jude climbs as a youngster?
5. What job does Mr. Phillotson have when he is first introduced into the text?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)