|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fourth, At Shaston: Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What religious location does Jude go to to see Sue before he actually talks to her?
(b) The Church prison.
(c) A nunnery.
(d) The church Sunday school.
2. Where does Jude go after his first main fight with Arabella?
(a) To church.
(b) To Mr. Phillotson's house.
(c) To the top of the barn he loves so much.
(d) To his aunt's house.
3. What advice does Jude receive in response to his letters to the headmasters of the Christminster universities?
(a) That he can attend free of charge.
(b) That he not aspire to an education.
(c) That he can enroll next semester as long as he has the funds.
(d) He actually never receives any replies.
4. Where does Jude tell Sue about his previous marriage?
(a) In the privacy of his own home.
(b) At her isolated room in Melchester.
(c) This is a trick question; he doesn't tell her.
(d) In a quiet marketplace.
5. What impressive feat does Jude do at a bar to impress his fellow masons?
(a) Show his amazing math skills.
(b) Recite Shakespeare from memory.
(c) List off the alphabets of 10 languages.
(d) Recite the Creed in Latin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sue live when Jude first meets her?
2. Where does Jude unexpectedly run into Arabella?
3. What job does Sue take that keeps her close to Jude?
4. What happens after Mr. Phillotson lets Sue leave to go and be with Jude?
5. What wicked way does Arabella plan to make Jude marry her?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)