|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fourth, At Shaston: Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jude feel about Sue's school's reaction to their night out together?
2. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
(a) Her moral character is heavily influenced by her religion.
(b) She has excellent moral character.
(c) She does not have good moral character.
(d) She has neither good nor bad morals.
3. What religious location does Jude go to to see Sue before he actually talks to her?
(a) A nunnery.
(b) The Church prison.
(c) The church Sunday school.
4. What does Jude do in secret while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
(a) Delivery messages for people dating in secret.
(b) Eat the baked goods.
(c) Steal money.
(d) Read books.
5. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
(a) 18 to 20.
(b) 10 to 12.
(c) 14 to 16.
(d) 4 to 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. What noteworthy item did Jude give Arabella as a wedding gift that he later discovers she has abandoned?
2. What job does Mr. Phillotson have when he is first introduced into the text?
3. What interest does Mr. Phillotson take up while Sue is in Melchester?
4. Why did Sue come to live in Christminster in the first place?
5. What does Sue do with the statues that she buys?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)