|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fourth, At Shaston: Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
(a) Her moral character is heavily influenced by her religion.
(b) She does not have good moral character.
(c) She has excellent moral character.
(d) She has neither good nor bad morals.
2. How does Jude learn that Sue has come looking for him at work?
(a) She leaves him a note.
(b) He doesn't; this is a trick question.
(c) Someone from the stoneyard tells him.
(d) Everyone is gossiping and he overhears what they are talking about.
3. Where does Sue end up moving shortly after meeting Jude?
4. How does Sue eventually leave her school in Melchester?
(a) Mr. Phillotson comes to pick her up.
(b) She escapes.
(c) She graduates with the highest GPA in her class.
(d) She quits in a big scene.
5. How does Sue react to Jude's declaration that he wants to be a priest?
(a) She is sad because she knows priests can't be married.
(b) They argue.
(c) She is so proud of him.
(d) She is angry because it means he won't be rich.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Sue plan to marry Mr. Phillotson?
2. How does Jude discover that Arabella has left him?
3. What does Mr. Phillotson do when he hears of Sue's troubles back at Melchester?
4. What does Jude do in secret while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
5. Where does Jude suggest meeting Sue, after she has married, when he learns that their aunt has taken a turn for the worse?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)