|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fourth, At Shaston: Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Sue and Jude walk during their first meeting?
(a) To the church they grew up at.
(b) To one of the beautiful colleges in town.
(c) To Mr. Phillotson's house.
(d) To the town bakery for croissants.
2. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
(a) She does not have good moral character.
(b) Her moral character is heavily influenced by her religion.
(c) She has neither good nor bad morals.
(d) She has excellent moral character.
3. What religious location does Jude go to to see Sue before he actually talks to her?
(a) The church Sunday school.
(b) A nunnery.
(c) The Church prison.
4. What does Mr. Phillotson do when he hears of Sue's troubles back at Melchester?
(a) Goes to the town and seeks out Jude.
(b) Ignores it.
(c) Decides never to talk to Sue again.
(d) Orders Sue to return home at once.
5. Who does Arabella go to in order to see if she is really pregnant or not?
(a) Dr. Vilbert.
(b) Her mother.
(c) No one.
(d) A witch doctor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Jude and Arabella take a train to Aldbrickham?
2. Which word best describes how Jude feels toward Sue during the first days he observes her?
3. Where do Jude and Arabella first share a beer together?
4. From whom does Jude learn Arabella's secret about the pregnancy?
5. What prevents Jude from enrolling in one of Christminster's schools when he first arrives?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)