|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fourth, At Shaston: Chapters 1-6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sue react to Jude's declaration that he wants to be a priest?
(a) She is sad because she knows priests can't be married.
(b) They argue.
(c) She is angry because it means he won't be rich.
(d) She is so proud of him.
2. Why do Sue and Jude not make it back to Christminster after a trip to a museum in a nearby town?
(a) Because Jude gets too drunk to know the way home.
(b) Because Sue breaks her ankle.
(c) Because they miss the last train.
(d) Because they decide to elope.
3. When does Sue first allow Jude to kiss her?
(a) At the train station, as she is leaving from his aunt's funeral.
(b) Exactly two years after her wedding to Mr. Phillotson.
(c) At his aunt's bedside.
4. How does Arabella react to Jude's slaughtering of her pig?
(a) She is proud of him.
(b) She becomes angry.
(c) She is sad but knows it is necessary.
(d) She enjoys watching him learn.
5. What job does Jude take after he is fired from his first one?
(a) Working as a hired hand to help pick crops.
(b) Working as a model for the painters in town.
(c) Working as a petty theft.
(d) Working in his aunt's bakery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What in particular appeals to Jude about Christminster?
2. How does Jude decide he will alternatively enter the church?
3. Who puts the trapped animal out of its misery (the night of Jude's aunt's funeral)?
4. What interest does Mr. Phillotson take up while Sue is in Melchester?
5. Where do Jude and his aunt live when he is young?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)