|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Third, At Melchester: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Arabella want to go after she leaves Jude?
(a) To America.
(b) To Michigan.
(c) To Australia.
(d) To France.
2. How much savings does Jude have when he arrives in Christminster?
3. What impressive feat does Jude do at a bar to impress his fellow masons?
(a) Recite the Creed in Latin.
(b) Recite Shakespeare from memory.
(c) List off the alphabets of 10 languages.
(d) Show his amazing math skills.
4. Why does Sue move to Melchester?
(a) She wants to be far away from Mr. Phillotson.
(b) She wants to be nearer to Jude.
(c) She has entered training school there.
(d) She wants to be far away from Jude.
5. How does Jude learn that Sue has come looking for him at work?
(a) She leaves him a note.
(b) He doesn't; this is a trick question.
(c) Everyone is gossiping and he overhears what they are talking about.
(d) Someone from the stoneyard tells him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many letters does Jude write to the headmasters of the Christminster universities?
2. How does Jude react to the response to his letters to the university headmasters?
3. How does Jude discover that Arabella has left him?
4. Where do Jude and his aunt live when he is young?
5. Why do Sue and Jude not make it back to Christminster after a trip to a museum in a nearby town?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)