|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Third, At Melchester: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arabella first get Jude's attention?
(a) She throws pig entrails on him.
(b) She grabs him and starts dancing at a festival.
(c) She whistles at him.
(d) She brings him water in the fields.
2. Where do Jude and Arabella first meet alone?
(a) Behind his favorite barn.
(b) At his aunt's bakery.
(c) At her home.
(d) On a small bridge.
3. During their first outing together, what comment does Arabella make about the beer?
(a) That it has been altered.
(b) That it is the best she's ever had.
(c) That it is delicious.
(d) That it's the first beer she's ever had.
4. What advice does Arabella ask he friends for after she first starts hanging out with Jude?
(a) How to see if he is dating anyone else.
(b) How to poison him.
(c) How to find out more about his family.
(d) How to get Jude to marry her.
5. What pictures does Sue have on her dressing table in Melchester?
(a) One of Mr. Phillotson and an unknown young man.
(b) Pictures of Jude and a young girl.
(c) Pictures of her mother.
(d) No one, which some people find strange.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sue react to Jude's declaration that he wants to be a priest?
2. Who asks Jude to stay away from his cousin?
3. What was the final thing that pushed Jude to go to Christminster?
4. Where does Sue leave a note for Jude before they officially meet each other?
5. Where does the novel first take place when it begins?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)