|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Third, At Melchester: Chapters 1-5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arabella do with all of the things Jude gives her after she leaves him?
(a) Sell them to a broker.
(b) Clean them off and secretly put them back in their house.
(c) Chop them up in a fit of rage.
(d) Burn them in the town square.
2. What does Sue's school suggest she and Jude do after their overnight outing?
(a) Serve a role models against misogyny.
(b) Get married to stop the controversy.
(c) Never show their face in town.
(d) Write a book about what happened afterward.
3. Why is Jude forced to live with his aunt?
(a) Because he likes her better.
(b) Because he ran away.
(c) Because his parents couldn't afford him anymore.
(d) Because he is orphaned.
4. How long does it take for Jude to solidify a job?
(a) Exactly 29 days.
(b) One hour.
(c) Several months.
(d) Several days.
5. Which word best describes how Jude feels toward Sue during the first days he observes her?
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Jude the Obscure" first published?
2. What is the name of the barn that has the roof Jude climbs as a youngster?
3. What pictures does Sue have on her dressing table in Melchester?
4. Who does Arabella go to in order to see if she is really pregnant or not?
5. Who asks Jude to stay away from his cousin?
This section contains 262 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)