|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Jude to be fired from his first job as a youth?
(a) He plays with other kids instead of trying to beg for food and money.
(b) He is caught feeding the birds he is supposed to scare away.
(c) He gets into too much trouble nearly every day.
(d) He steals a customer's shoes.
2. Where does Sue live when Jude first meets her?
(a) In a room in her employer's house.
(b) In her father's place.
(c) At the church.
(d) In a nunnery.
3. Where does Arabella want to go after she leaves Jude?
(a) To Michigan.
(b) To America.
(c) To France.
(d) To Australia.
4. Why does Jude go visit his aunt for the first time after he moves to Christminster?
(a) Because she keeps sending him mean letters.
(b) Because she is ill.
(c) Because he wants to buy her bakery.
(d) Because he misses her.
5. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
(a) 14 to 16.
(b) 18 to 20.
(c) 10 to 12.
(d) 4 to 6.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Jude receive in response to his letters to the headmasters of the Christminster universities?
2. Why does Jude decide he ultimately wants to go to Christminster?
3. Where does Jude go after his first main fight with Arabella?
4. What scandalous job did Arabella once have?
5. Where does Jude see Sue for the second time?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)