|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Jude learn about the stone-master he approaches in Christminster?
(a) From his previous employer.
(b) From an ad in the paper.
(c) From a radio ad.
(d) From his aunt.
2. What wicked way does Arabella plan to make Jude marry her?
(a) By saying she'll kill herself if he wont' do it.
(b) By posing as a very rich woman.
(c) By poisoning him.
(d) By getting pregnant.
3. What job does Jude take after he is fired from his first one?
(a) Working as a hired hand to help pick crops.
(b) Working as a model for the painters in town.
(c) Working in his aunt's bakery.
(d) Working as a petty theft.
4. What does Arabella throw at Jude when he accuses her of faking the pregnancy?
(a) Pots and pans.
(d) Kitchen knives.
5. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
(a) His mother.
(b) Mr. Phillotson.
(c) The neighborhood priest.
(d) His aunt.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long does it take for Jude to solidify a job?
2. What is Arabella's full name?
3. What kind of business does Jude's aunt run?
4. What relationship do Sue and Mr. Phillotson have at first?
5. What noteworthy item did Jude give Arabella as a wedding gift that he later discovers she has abandoned?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)