|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jude discover is fake about Arabella on their first night of marriage?
(a) Her eye.
(b) Her name.
(c) Her age.
(d) Her braid.
2. What does Jude do during his first day in Chrisminster?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Find a job and a place to live; he is very responsible.
(c) Get arrested for being a vagrant.
(d) Look at the churches and colleges in the city.
3. What job does Jude take after working at his aunt's bakery?
(a) As an apprentice to a preacher.
(b) As an apprentice to a medicine man.
(c) As an apprentice to a cobbler.
(d) As an apprentice to a stone mason.
4. What is the name of the barn that has the roof Jude climbs as a youngster?
(a) Barn House.
(b) Hen House.
(c) Brown House.
(d) Red House.
5. What scandalous job did Arabella once have?
(a) Carnival worker.
(b) Traveling saleswoman.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Jude the Obscure" first published?
2. What does Jude do the night of his and Arabella's first big fight?
3. What kind of business does Jude's aunt run?
4. What does Sue buy statues of one day?
5. Where do Jude and Arabella first meet alone?
This section contains 239 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)