|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Jude the Obscure" first published?
2. What wicked way does Arabella plan to make Jude marry her?
(a) By saying she'll kill herself if he wont' do it.
(b) By getting pregnant.
(c) By poisoning him.
(d) By posing as a very rich woman.
3. How long after his marriage to Arabella does Jude finally arrive in Christminster?
(a) Three weeks.
(c) Three years.
(d) Three months.
4. What job does Mr. Phillotson have when he is first introduced into the text?
5. What prevents Jude from enrolling in one of Christminster's schools when he first arrives?
(a) He needs to put his application together.
(b) Classes don't start until the fall.
(c) He has no money for it.
(d) He has to take one more elective.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jude forced to live with his aunt?
2. What impressive feat does Jude do at a bar to impress his fellow masons?
3. What job does Jude take after he is fired from his first one?
4. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
5. Where does Arabella finally seduce Jude?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)