|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When they first meet, where does Sue tell Jude she is thinking of moving to?
2. From whom does Jude learn Arabella's secret about the pregnancy?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Arabella's diary.
(c) Arabella's father.
(d) Her friends.
3. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
(a) 14 to 16.
(b) 10 to 12.
(c) 18 to 20.
(d) 4 to 6.
4. What does Jude learn about Arabella's pregnancy shortly after they are married?
(a) She had a miscarriage.
(b) She aborted the baby.
(c) She got pregnant by someone else.
(d) It was fictional.
5. What is the name of the barn that has the roof Jude climbs as a youngster?
(a) Brown House.
(b) Hen House.
(c) Barn House.
(d) Red House.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jude forced to live with his aunt?
2. How does Jude learn about the stone-master he approaches in Christminster?
3. Which word best describes how Jude feels toward Sue during the first days he observes her?
4. What can Jude see from the roof of the old barn?
5. Where do Sue and Jude walk during their first meeting?
This section contains 242 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)