|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What person do Jude and Sue realize they both know?
(a) Hilda, the town baker.
(b) Aaron, the stonemason.
(c) The priest at the church -- he was a childhood friend.
(d) Mr. Phillotson.
2. Where do Sue and Jude walk during their first meeting?
(a) To Mr. Phillotson's house.
(b) To the town bakery for croissants.
(c) To one of the beautiful colleges in town.
(d) To the church they grew up at.
3. What prevents Jude from enrolling in one of Christminster's schools when he first arrives?
(a) He needs to put his application together.
(b) He has no money for it.
(c) He has to take one more elective.
(d) Classes don't start until the fall.
4. What does Arabella throw at Jude when he accuses her of faking the pregnancy?
(a) Pots and pans.
(b) Kitchen knives.
5. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
(a) As incredibly smart but shy.
(b) As very kind but not very smart.
(c) As young and pretty.
(d) As ugly and mean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sue live when Jude first meets her?
2. How many pigs are Arabella and Jude able to find after they escape from Arabella's yard?
3. How does Jude react to the response to his letters to the university headmasters?
4. Why does Jude decide he ultimately wants to go to Christminster?
5. Where does Sue leave a note for Jude before they officially meet each other?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)