|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arabella first get Jude's attention?
(a) She brings him water in the fields.
(b) She throws pig entrails on him.
(c) She whistles at him.
(d) She grabs him and starts dancing at a festival.
2. What does Arabella do with all of the things Jude gives her after she leaves him?
(a) Burn them in the town square.
(b) Sell them to a broker.
(c) Clean them off and secretly put them back in their house.
(d) Chop them up in a fit of rage.
3. Why does Jude get in trouble with the police while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
(a) Because he isn't paying attention.
(b) Because they know he is delivering messages in secret.
(c) Because they know he is stealing money.
(d) This is a trick question; he doesn't get into trouble.
4. What advice does Jude receive in response to his letters to the headmasters of the Christminster universities?
(a) That he not aspire to an education.
(b) That he can enroll next semester as long as he has the funds.
(c) He actually never receives any replies.
(d) That he can attend free of charge.
5. What does Jude do to Arabella that causes her to claim he is abusive?
(a) Accidentally trip her.
(b) Purposefully trip her.
(c) Purposefull pull her fake hair out of its braid.
(d) Accidentally pull her fake hair out of its braid.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sue live when Jude first meets her?
2. What does Jude give Arabella after she leaves him?
3. What kind of job does Sue have when Jude finds her?
4. What is Arabella's full name?
5. How does Jude learn about the stone-master he approaches in Christminster?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)