|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 4-7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of job does Sue have when Jude finds her?
(a) She is a baker.
(b) She makes religious art.
(c) She is a model for the town's artists.
(d) She is a schoolteacher.
2. What does Sue buy statues of one day?
(b) Venus and Apollo.
3. Where does Jude take Arabella on their first real outing?
(a) Into the fields he works every day.
(b) His aunt's bakery.
(c) Brown House.
(d) Down to the river.
4. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
(a) She has excellent moral character.
(b) She has neither good nor bad morals.
(c) Her moral character is heavily influenced by her religion.
(d) She does not have good moral character.
5. During their first outing together, what comment does Arabella make about the beer?
(a) That it has been altered.
(b) That it is the best she's ever had.
(c) That it's the first beer she's ever had.
(d) That it is delicious.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arabella first get Jude's attention?
2. How does Jude learn that Sue has come looking for him at work?
3. What does Jude do the night of his and Arabella's first big fight?
4. What prevents Jude from enrolling in one of Christminster's schools when he first arrives?
5. What upsetting gesture does Jude see between Mr. Phillotson and Sue shortly after they meet?
This section contains 358 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)