|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part First, At Marygreen: Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Jude going to school when the novel first begins?
(a) All day.
(b) In the morning.
(c) At night.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
2. What does Jude do to Arabella that causes her to claim he is abusive?
(a) Purposefully trip her.
(b) Accidentally trip her.
(c) Purposefull pull her fake hair out of its braid.
(d) Accidentally pull her fake hair out of its braid.
3. What in particular appeals to Jude about Christminster?
(a) It is supposed to be architecturally beautiful.
(b) He just wants to go there to start his life over.
(c) There are a lot of pretty girls there.
(d) There are many universities there.
4. What does Jude learn about Arabella's pregnancy shortly after they are married?
(a) It was fictional.
(b) She had a miscarriage.
(c) She aborted the baby.
(d) She got pregnant by someone else.
5. After he has already left Marygreen, what item does Mr. Phillotson ask to be sent to him?
(a) His art collection.
(b) His piano.
(c) His horse.
(d) His books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jude decide he ultimately wants to go to Christminster?
2. Where do Jude and his aunt live when he is young?
3. What kind of business does Jude's aunt run?
4. Where do Jude and Arabella first meet alone?
5. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)