|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part First, At Marygreen: Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jude buy for Arabella after they are first married?
(a) A horse.
(b) A ring.
(c) A pig.
(d) A chicken.
2. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
(a) 18 to 20.
(b) 14 to 16.
(c) 10 to 12.
(d) 4 to 6.
3. What is Arabella's full name?
(a) Arabella Donn.
(b) Arabella Donnita.
(c) Arabella Peston.
(d) Arabella, daughter of Lucas.
4. Why does Jude decide he ultimately wants to go to Christminster?
(a) So he can study further.
(b) So he can try to meet his father.
(c) So he can find a wife.
(d) So he can try to meet his mother.
5. Why is Jude forced to live with his aunt?
(a) Because he ran away.
(b) Because his parents couldn't afford him anymore.
(c) Because he is orphaned.
(d) Because he likes her better.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
2. Where does Jude pick up Arabella on their first real outing?
3. Where does the novel first take place when it begins?
4. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
5. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
This section contains 253 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)