|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part First, At Marygreen: Chapters 9-11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
(a) Her moral character is heavily influenced by her religion.
(b) She has excellent moral character.
(c) She does not have good moral character.
(d) She has neither good nor bad morals.
2. How does Jude discover that Arabella has left him?
(a) He reads about it in the newspaper.
(b) She leaves him a cruel message on the fridge.
(c) She has a messenger deliver the news.
(d) He returns to an empty house.
3. Why does Jude get in trouble with the police while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
(a) Because they know he is stealing money.
(b) Because he isn't paying attention.
(c) This is a trick question; he doesn't get into trouble.
(d) Because they know he is delivering messages in secret.
4. How many pigs escape from Arabella's yard when Jude is trying to help?
5. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
(a) As incredibly smart but shy.
(b) As young and pretty.
(c) As ugly and mean.
(d) As very kind but not very smart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Arabella ask he friends for after she first starts hanging out with Jude?
2. What does Jude buy for Arabella after they are first married?
3. Where do Jude and Arabella first share a beer together?
4. When was "Jude the Obscure" first published?
5. What does Jude discover is fake about Arabella on their first night of marriage?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)