|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part First, At Marygreen: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
(a) She has excellent moral character.
(b) She has neither good nor bad morals.
(c) She does not have good moral character.
(d) Her moral character is heavily influenced by her religion.
2. Where does the novel first take place when it begins?
3. During their first outing together, what comment does Arabella make about the beer?
(a) That it has been altered.
(b) That it's the first beer she's ever had.
(c) That it is the best she's ever had.
(d) That it is delicious.
4. Where do Jude and Arabella first share a beer together?
(a) At a tavern in Alfredston.
(b) At a tavern in Marygreen.
(c) At her father's tavern.
(d) At his mother's bakery.
5. How many pigs are Arabella and Jude able to find after they escape from Arabella's yard?
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Arabella ask he friends for after she first starts hanging out with Jude?
2. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
3. When is Jude going to school when the novel first begins?
4. Where do Jude and his aunt live when he is young?
5. What is Jude's full name?
This section contains 278 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)