|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part First, At Marygreen: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jude's first job when he is younger?
(a) To simply stay out of trouble.
(b) To beg for food and money.
(c) To shine shoes.
(d) To scare away the birds from a farmer's field.
2. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
(a) She has neither good nor bad morals.
(b) Her moral character is heavily influenced by her religion.
(c) She has excellent moral character.
(d) She does not have good moral character.
3. Why is Jude forced to live with his aunt?
(a) Because he ran away.
(b) Because he is orphaned.
(c) Because he likes her better.
(d) Because his parents couldn't afford him anymore.
4. Where do Jude and his aunt live when he is young?
(a) In the bakery.
(b) In the backhouse of someone's farm.
(c) In the church basement.
(d) They drift from place to place.
5. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
(a) 4 to 6.
(b) 14 to 16.
(c) 10 to 12.
(d) 18 to 20.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pigs escape from Arabella's yard when Jude is trying to help?
2. What kind of business does Jude's aunt run?
3. What causes Jude to be fired from his first job as a youth?
4. What does Jude do in secret while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
5. What advice does Arabella ask he friends for after she first starts hanging out with Jude?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)