|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part First, At Marygreen: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the barn that has the roof Jude climbs as a youngster?
(a) Red House.
(b) Barn House.
(c) Hen House.
(d) Brown House.
2. How many pigs are Arabella and Jude able to find after they escape from Arabella's yard?
3. What job does Jude take after he is fired from his first one?
(a) Working in his aunt's bakery.
(b) Working as a model for the painters in town.
(c) Working as a hired hand to help pick crops.
(d) Working as a petty theft.
4. What causes Jude to be fired from his first job as a youth?
(a) He steals a customer's shoes.
(b) He is caught feeding the birds he is supposed to scare away.
(c) He gets into too much trouble nearly every day.
(d) He plays with other kids instead of trying to beg for food and money.
5. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
(a) 10 to 12.
(b) 14 to 16.
(c) 4 to 6.
(d) 18 to 20.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the novel first take place when it begins?
2. Where do Jude and his aunt live when he is young?
3. What advice does Arabella ask he friends for after she first starts hanging out with Jude?
4. After he has already left Marygreen, what item does Mr. Phillotson ask to be sent to him?
5. What wicked way does Arabella plan to make Jude marry her?
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)