|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part First, At Marygreen: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When is Jude going to school when the novel first begins?
(a) In the morning.
(b) At night.
(c) All day.
(d) All of these answers are correct.
2. What causes Jude to be fired from his first job as a youth?
(a) He steals a customer's shoes.
(b) He is caught feeding the birds he is supposed to scare away.
(c) He plays with other kids instead of trying to beg for food and money.
(d) He gets into too much trouble nearly every day.
3. Where do Jude and Arabella first meet alone?
(a) At his aunt's bakery.
(b) On a small bridge.
(c) Behind his favorite barn.
(d) At her home.
4. What advice does Arabella ask he friends for after she first starts hanging out with Jude?
(a) How to poison him.
(b) How to find out more about his family.
(c) How to see if he is dating anyone else.
(d) How to get Jude to marry her.
5. How does Arabella first get Jude's attention?
(a) She whistles at him.
(b) She brings him water in the fields.
(c) She grabs him and starts dancing at a festival.
(d) She throws pig entrails on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Jude get in trouble with the police while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
2. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
3. Why does Jude decide he ultimately wants to go to Christminster?
4. What kind of business does Jude's aunt run?
5. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)