|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part First, At Marygreen: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During their first outing together, what comment does Arabella make about the beer?
(a) That it has been altered.
(b) That it is the best she's ever had.
(c) That it is delicious.
(d) That it's the first beer she's ever had.
2. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
(a) Her moral character is heavily influenced by her religion.
(b) She has excellent moral character.
(c) She has neither good nor bad morals.
(d) She does not have good moral character.
3. What in particular appeals to Jude about Christminster?
(a) It is supposed to be architecturally beautiful.
(b) There are many universities there.
(c) He just wants to go there to start his life over.
(d) There are a lot of pretty girls there.
4. After he has already left Marygreen, what item does Mr. Phillotson ask to be sent to him?
(a) His art collection.
(b) His horse.
(c) His books.
(d) His piano.
5. What does Jude do in secret while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
(a) Eat the baked goods.
(b) Delivery messages for people dating in secret.
(c) Read books.
(d) Steal money.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
2. Why does Jude decide he ultimately wants to go to Christminster?
3. What job does Mr. Phillotson have when he is first introduced into the text?
4. When was "Jude the Obscure" first published?
5. What job does Jude take after he is fired from his first one?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)