|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part First, At Marygreen: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Jude as Dr. Vilbert to help him learn?
(a) Both of these answers are correct.
(b) None of these answers are correct.
2. What is the name of the barn that has the roof Jude climbs as a youngster?
(a) Brown House.
(b) Red House.
(c) Barn House.
(d) Hen House.
3. Why does Jude get in trouble with the police while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
(a) This is a trick question; he doesn't get into trouble.
(b) Because they know he is stealing money.
(c) Because he isn't paying attention.
(d) Because they know he is delivering messages in secret.
4. Where does Jude take Arabella on their first real outing?
(a) His aunt's bakery.
(b) Down to the river.
(c) Into the fields he works every day.
(d) Brown House.
5. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
(a) Her moral character is heavily influenced by her religion.
(b) She has neither good nor bad morals.
(c) She does not have good moral character.
(d) She has excellent moral character.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes Jude to be fired from his first job as a youth?
2. What kind of business does Jude's aunt run?
3. Why is Jude forced to live with his aunt?
4. What is Jude's first job when he is younger?
5. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
This section contains 313 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)