|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part First, At Marygreen: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jude's first job when he is younger?
(a) To scare away the birds from a farmer's field.
(b) To shine shoes.
(c) To beg for food and money.
(d) To simply stay out of trouble.
2. How does Arabella first get Jude's attention?
(a) She throws pig entrails on him.
(b) She whistles at him.
(c) She grabs him and starts dancing at a festival.
(d) She brings him water in the fields.
3. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
(a) The neighborhood priest.
(b) His aunt.
(c) Mr. Phillotson.
(d) His mother.
4. What causes Jude to be fired from his first job as a youth?
(a) He plays with other kids instead of trying to beg for food and money.
(b) He steals a customer's shoes.
(c) He is caught feeding the birds he is supposed to scare away.
(d) He gets into too much trouble nearly every day.
5. Where does Jude pick up Arabella on their first real outing?
(a) At her father's house.
(b) At the nunnery.
(c) They meet in the town square.
(d) At her boarding school.
Short Answer Questions
1. When was "Jude the Obscure" first published?
2. What does Jude do in secret while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
3. What job does Jude take after working at his aunt's bakery?
4. Why does Jude get in trouble with the police while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
5. Why is Jude forced to live with his aunt?
This section contains 310 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)