|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part First, At Marygreen: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When was "Jude the Obscure" first published?
2. What does Jude as Dr. Vilbert to help him learn?
(c) None of these answers are correct.
(d) Both of these answers are correct.
3. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
(a) As very kind but not very smart.
(b) As ugly and mean.
(c) As young and pretty.
(d) As incredibly smart but shy.
4. What is Jude's full name?
(a) Jude Phillotson.
(b) Jude Fawley.
(c) No one knows; he is always referred to as "Jude the Obscure."
(d) Jude Funton.
5. Why does Jude get in trouble with the police while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
(a) Because they know he is stealing money.
(b) Because they know he is delivering messages in secret.
(c) This is a trick question; he doesn't get into trouble.
(d) Because he isn't paying attention.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Arabella's full name?
2. What job does Jude take after working at his aunt's bakery?
3. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
4. How many pigs are Arabella and Jude able to find after they escape from Arabella's yard?
5. What is Jude's first job when he is younger?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)