|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part First, At Marygreen: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What wicked way does Arabella plan to make Jude marry her?
(a) By posing as a very rich woman.
(b) By poisoning him.
(c) By saying she'll kill herself if he wont' do it.
(d) By getting pregnant.
2. When is Jude going to school when the novel first begins?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) All day.
(c) At night.
(d) In the morning.
3. When was "Jude the Obscure" first published?
4. Why does Jude get in trouble with the police while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
(a) This is a trick question; he doesn't get into trouble.
(b) Because he isn't paying attention.
(c) Because they know he is delivering messages in secret.
(d) Because they know he is stealing money.
5. Why does Jude decide he ultimately wants to go to Christminster?
(a) So he can try to meet his father.
(b) So he can find a wife.
(c) So he can study further.
(d) So he can try to meet his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Jude forced to live with his aunt?
2. Where do Jude and his aunt live when he is young?
3. What causes Jude to be fired from his first job as a youth?
4. What is Jude's full name?
5. What does Jude do in secret while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)