|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the students respond to Sue's punishment for her absence from the school?
(a) They think it is too lenient.
(b) They protest it.
(c) They don't care one way or the other.
(d) They write letters to the governor.
2. How much savings does Jude have when he arrives in Christminster?
3. What happens to Sue immediately upon her return to Melchester?
(a) She is asked all the details about what happened by her friends.
(b) She is sent into isolation.
(c) She is kicked out of the school.
(d) She is sad because no one even knew she was missing.
4. What does Sue refuse to discuss with Jude on their train to Marygreen together, as they travel to visit their dying aunt?
(a) The fact that their aunt may die before they arrive.
(b) The details of her life with Mr. Phillotson.
(c) How rude Jude was last time they saw each other.
(d) The time she spent in Melchester.
5. Who has Jude's first son lived with since birth?
(a) His grandparents.
Short Answer Questions
1. How religious is Sue when she and Jude first meet?
2. What is Jude unable to do before his aunt dies?
3. How does Arabella react to Jude's slaughtering of her pig?
4. What season is it when Arabella sees Sue and little Jude in Kennetbridge?
5. Why does Sue write to Jude and ask her not to come see her anymore in Shaston?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)