|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal gets caught in a trap the night after Jude's aunt's funeral?
(a) A coyote.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A snake.
(d) A mouse.
2. What scandalous job did Arabella once have?
(c) Traveling saleswoman.
(d) Carnival worker.
3. What is Jude unable to do before his aunt dies?
(a) Get to her bedside.
(b) Convince her to leave the bakery to him.
(c) Find out her will.
(d) Tell her he loved her.
4. Why is Jude forced to live with his aunt?
(a) Because his parents couldn't afford him anymore.
(b) Because he likes her better.
(c) Because he is orphaned.
(d) Because he ran away.
5. Where does Jude take Arabella on their first real outing?
(a) Down to the river.
(b) His aunt's bakery.
(c) Brown House.
(d) Into the fields he works every day.
Short Answer Questions
1. What can Jude see from the roof of the old barn?
2. What kind of potion does Arabella seek after seeing Jude, Sue, and little Jude at a fair?
3. When was "Jude the Obscure" first published?
4. How does Arabella react to Jude's slaughtering of her pig?
5. Why does Jude get in trouble with the police while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)