|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the students respond to Sue's punishment for her absence from the school?
(a) They protest it.
(b) They write letters to the governor.
(c) They think it is too lenient.
(d) They don't care one way or the other.
2. What does Mr. Phillotson do when he hears of Sue's troubles back at Melchester?
(a) Goes to the town and seeks out Jude.
(b) Decides never to talk to Sue again.
(c) Ignores it.
(d) Orders Sue to return home at once.
3. What does Sue refuse to discuss with Jude on their train to Marygreen together, as they travel to visit their dying aunt?
(a) The fact that their aunt may die before they arrive.
(b) The time she spent in Melchester.
(c) How rude Jude was last time they saw each other.
(d) The details of her life with Mr. Phillotson.
4. What does Jude discover is fake about Arabella on their first night of marriage?
(a) Her braid.
(b) Her age.
(c) Her name.
(d) Her eye.
5. Where does Jude pick up Arabella on their first real outing?
(a) They meet in the town square.
(b) At her boarding school.
(c) At her father's house.
(d) At the nunnery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Arabella go to for a potion?
2. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
3. Why does Jude not approach Sue when he first sees her?
4. How many pigs are Arabella and Jude able to find after they escape from Arabella's yard?
5. Where does Jude tell Sue about his previous marriage?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)