|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Arabella go to in order to see if she is really pregnant or not?
(a) Dr. Vilbert.
(b) A witch doctor.
(c) No one.
(d) Her mother.
2. Where do Sue and Jude walk during their first meeting?
(a) To the church they grew up at.
(b) To one of the beautiful colleges in town.
(c) To the town bakery for croissants.
(d) To Mr. Phillotson's house.
3. During their first outing together, what comment does Arabella make about the beer?
(a) That it's the first beer she's ever had.
(b) That it is delicious.
(c) That it is the best she's ever had.
(d) That it has been altered.
4. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
(a) 10 to 12.
(b) 14 to 16.
(c) 18 to 20.
(d) 4 to 6.
5. How does Jude react to the response to his letters to the university headmasters?
(a) He sends them hat email every week for a year.
(b) He gives up his dream.
(c) He is more determined than ever.
(d) He gets drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sue's school suggest she and Jude do after their overnight outing?
2. How long does it take for Jude to solidify a job?
3. After their divorces go through, what does Sue offer to do with Jude if he does not speak to Arabella ever again?
4. How long after she seduces Jude does Arabella think she might be pregnant?
5. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)