|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Jude's first job when he is younger?
(a) To simply stay out of trouble.
(b) To scare away the birds from a farmer's field.
(c) To shine shoes.
(d) To beg for food and money.
2. Who does Arabella go to in order to see if she is really pregnant or not?
(a) Dr. Vilbert.
(b) Her mother.
(c) A witch doctor.
(d) No one.
3. Where is the fair where Arabella sees Jude, Sue, and little Jude?
4. What is Sue doing with little Jude when Arabella spots them at the fair at Kennetbridge?
(a) Selling shoes.
(c) Selling cakes.
(d) Buying bread.
5. Why do Jude and Sue sell their furniture?
(a) Because they desperately need the money.
(b) So people don't know how rich they are.
(c) So they can claim they were robbed.
(d) So they can be more mobile.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long after his marriage to Arabella does Jude finally arrive in Christminster?
2. What advice does Jude receive in response to his letters to the headmasters of the Christminster universities?
3. Why does Sue move to Melchester?
4. Why does Jude not approach Sue when he first sees her?
5. What does Arabella do with all of the things Jude gives her after she leaves him?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)