|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 5-8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue first confess she and Jude did together to indicate they have romantic feelings for each other?
(a) Hold hands.
(b) Write love letters confessing their feelings.
(c) Sleep together.
2. What can Jude see from the roof of the old barn?
(a) A girl he has a crush on.
(b) The ocean.
(d) His old town.
3. What job does Jude have when he learns his and Sue's divorces have gone through?
(a) As a baker.
(b) As a priest.
(c) As a tombstone maker.
(d) As a schoolteacher.
4. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
(a) 4 to 6.
(b) 10 to 12.
(c) 18 to 20.
(d) 14 to 16.
5. Why does Jude decide he ultimately wants to go to Christminster?
(a) So he can study further.
(b) So he can try to meet his father.
(c) So he can try to meet his mother.
(d) So he can find a wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the novel first take place when it begins?
2. What causes Jude to be fired from his first job as a youth?
3. What kind of potion does Arabella seek after seeing Jude, Sue, and little Jude at a fair?
4. Where does Sue leave a note for Jude before they officially meet each other?
5. Where is Mr. Phillotson working when Arabella picks him up on the side of the road?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)