|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
(a) As very kind but not very smart.
(b) As ugly and mean.
(c) As incredibly smart but shy.
(d) As young and pretty.
2. Where does Arabella finally seduce Jude?
(a) Out in the fields.
(b) At his aunt's house.
(c) At her house.
(d) At his house.
3. What kind of job does Sue have when Jude finds her?
(a) She is a baker.
(b) She is a schoolteacher.
(c) She is a model for the town's artists.
(d) She makes religious art.
4. What is Jude's full name?
(a) Jude Funton.
(b) Jude Fawley.
(c) No one knows; he is always referred to as "Jude the Obscure."
(d) Jude Phillotson.
5. Why does Jude decide he ultimately wants to go to Christminster?
(a) So he can study further.
(b) So he can find a wife.
(c) So he can try to meet his mother.
(d) So he can try to meet his father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sue live when Jude first meets her?
2. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
3. What does Jude do in secret while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
4. When was "Jude the Obscure" first published?
5. How does Jude learn about the stone-master he approaches in Christminster?
This section contains 248 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)