|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much savings does Jude have when he arrives in Christminster?
2. Why does Jude not approach Sue when he first sees her?
(a) He wants to respect his aunt's wishes.
(b) He feels too gross and dirty.
(c) She is too beautiful.
(d) She is behind a gate.
3. Why does Jude get in trouble with the police while driving his aunt's delivery cart?
(a) This is a trick question; he doesn't get into trouble.
(b) Because he isn't paying attention.
(c) Because they know he is stealing money.
(d) Because they know he is delivering messages in secret.
4. How old is Jude in the first chapters of "Jude the Obscure"?
(a) 14 to 16.
(b) 4 to 6.
(c) 18 to 20.
(d) 10 to 12.
5. What is the name of the barn that has the roof Jude climbs as a youngster?
(a) Red House.
(b) Brown House.
(c) Barn House.
(d) Hen House.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arabella throw at Jude when he accuses her of faking the pregnancy?
2. What is Arabella's full name?
3. What job does Jude take after he is fired from his first one?
4. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
5. What was the final thing that pushed Jude to go to Christminster?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)