|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Jude take after working at his aunt's bakery?
(a) As an apprentice to a stone mason.
(b) As an apprentice to a cobbler.
(c) As an apprentice to a preacher.
(d) As an apprentice to a medicine man.
2. How many pigs are Arabella and Jude able to find after they escape from Arabella's yard?
3. Why does Jude decide he ultimately wants to go to Christminster?
(a) So he can study further.
(b) So he can find a wife.
(c) So he can try to meet his mother.
(d) So he can try to meet his father.
4. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
(a) She does not have good moral character.
(b) Her moral character is heavily influenced by her religion.
(c) She has neither good nor bad morals.
(d) She has excellent moral character.
5. Where do Jude and Arabella first share a beer together?
(a) At a tavern in Marygreen.
(b) At a tavern in Alfredston.
(c) At her father's tavern.
(d) At his mother's bakery.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Arabella react to Jude's slaughtering of her pig?
2. What kind of business does Jude's aunt run?
3. Which word best describes how Jude feels toward Sue during the first days he observes her?
4. What does Sue buy statues of one day?
5. What scandalous job did Arabella once have?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)