|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arabella do with all of the things Jude gives her after she leaves him?
(a) Burn them in the town square.
(b) Sell them to a broker.
(c) Clean them off and secretly put them back in their house.
(d) Chop them up in a fit of rage.
2. What noteworthy item did Jude give Arabella as a wedding gift that he later discovers she has abandoned?
(a) An original-edition book.
(b) A picture of himself.
(c) A golden ring.
(d) A picture of their house.
3. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
(a) As young and pretty.
(b) As ugly and mean.
(c) As incredibly smart but shy.
(d) As very kind but not very smart.
4. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
(a) Mr. Phillotson.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His mother.
(d) The neighborhood priest.
5. What scandalous job did Arabella once have?
(c) Carnival worker.
(d) Traveling saleswoman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jude do the night of his and Arabella's first big fight?
2. What does Jude do to Arabella that causes her to claim he is abusive?
3. How long after his marriage to Arabella does Jude finally arrive in Christminster?
4. Where does Jude go after his first main fight with Arabella?
5. What prevents Jude from enrolling in one of Christminster's schools when he first arrives?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)