|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
(a) Her moral character is heavily influenced by her religion.
(b) She has excellent moral character.
(c) She has neither good nor bad morals.
(d) She does not have good moral character.
2. What is Jude's first impression of Sue from afar?
(a) That she is mean, cruel, and deceitful.
(b) That she is beautiful, pious, and kind.
(c) That she is not friendly or nice.
(d) That she is very smart but poorly mannered.
3. What does Jude give Arabella after she leaves him?
(a) The money from the sale of their pig meat.
(b) All of these answers are correct.
(c) All of his savings.
(d) All the furnishings from the house.
4. What does Jude as Dr. Vilbert to help him learn?
(b) Both of these answers are correct.
(d) None of these answers are correct.
5. What was the final thing that pushed Jude to go to Christminster?
(a) The death of his beloved pet dog.
(b) A picture of his beautiful cousin.
(c) His completion of his degree program.
(d) A fire in his aunt's bakery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Jude and his aunt live when he is young?
2. After he has already left Marygreen, what item does Mr. Phillotson ask to be sent to him?
3. How long does it take for Jude to solidify a job?
4. Where do Jude and Arabella first meet alone?
5. What religious location does Jude go to to see Sue before he actually talks to her?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)