|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Second, At Christminster: Chapters 1-3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Arabella do with all of the things Jude gives her after she leaves him?
(a) Clean them off and secretly put them back in their house.
(b) Sell them to a broker.
(c) Burn them in the town square.
(d) Chop them up in a fit of rage.
2. How does Arabella first get Jude's attention?
(a) She whistles at him.
(b) She grabs him and starts dancing at a festival.
(c) She brings him water in the fields.
(d) She throws pig entrails on him.
3. What is Jude's first job when he is younger?
(a) To simply stay out of trouble.
(b) To scare away the birds from a farmer's field.
(c) To beg for food and money.
(d) To shine shoes.
4. How does Arabella react to Jude's slaughtering of her pig?
(a) She enjoys watching him learn.
(b) She is proud of him.
(c) She is sad but knows it is necessary.
(d) She becomes angry.
5. Where do Jude and Arabella first meet alone?
(a) Behind his favorite barn.
(b) At his aunt's bakery.
(c) On a small bridge.
(d) At her home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
2. From whom does Jude finally receive grammar books?
3. When is Jude going to school when the novel first begins?
4. Where does Arabella want to go after she leaves Jude?
5. Where does Jude pick up Arabella on their first real outing?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)