|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Third, At Melchester: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mr. Phillotson do when he hears of Sue's troubles back at Melchester?
(a) Decides never to talk to Sue again.
(b) Ignores it.
(c) Orders Sue to return home at once.
(d) Goes to the town and seeks out Jude.
2. How do the students respond to Sue's punishment for her absence from the school?
(a) They protest it.
(b) They think it is too lenient.
(c) They don't care one way or the other.
(d) They write letters to the governor.
3. Why does Jude decide he ultimately wants to go to Christminster?
(a) So he can try to meet his mother.
(b) So he can study further.
(c) So he can try to meet his father.
(d) So he can find a wife.
4. Where does Jude unexpectedly run into Arabella?
(a) She is at his aunt's house.
(b) She just shows up at his job one day.
(c) A tavern.
(d) The side of the road.
5. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
(a) As very kind but not very smart.
(b) As incredibly smart but shy.
(c) As ugly and mean.
(d) As young and pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Jude do during his first day in Chrisminster?
2. How much savings does Jude have when he arrives in Christminster?
3. What does Arabella throw at Jude when he accuses her of faking the pregnancy?
4. What does Jude discover is fake about Arabella on their first night of marriage?
5. How does Arabella react to Jude's slaughtering of her pig?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)