|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Third, At Melchester: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Arabella first get Jude's attention?
(a) She brings him water in the fields.
(b) She throws pig entrails on him.
(c) She grabs him and starts dancing at a festival.
(d) She whistles at him.
2. How do the students respond to Sue's punishment for her absence from the school?
(a) They protest it.
(b) They think it is too lenient.
(c) They don't care one way or the other.
(d) They write letters to the governor.
3. Where does Jude suggest meeting Sue, after she has married, when he learns that their aunt has taken a turn for the worse?
(a) His aunt's bakery.
(c) A train station in Alfredston.
(d) His home.
4. What does Jude give Arabella after she leaves him?
(a) All of these answers are correct.
(b) All of his savings.
(c) All the furnishings from the house.
(d) The money from the sale of their pig meat.
5. What does Jude do to Arabella that causes her to claim he is abusive?
(a) Accidentally trip her.
(b) Purposefull pull her fake hair out of its braid.
(c) Purposefully trip her.
(d) Accidentally pull her fake hair out of its braid.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Jude's first impression of Sue from afar?
2. How does Sue react to Jude's declaration that he wants to be a priest?
3. How religious is Sue when she and Jude first meet?
4. When does Sue plan to marry Mr. Phillotson?
5. Where do Jude and Arabella first meet alone?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)