|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Third, At Melchester: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sue's school suggest she and Jude do after their overnight outing?
(a) Write a book about what happened afterward.
(b) Never show their face in town.
(c) Serve a role models against misogyny.
(d) Get married to stop the controversy.
2. During their first outing together, what comment does Arabella make about the beer?
(a) That it is the best she's ever had.
(b) That it's the first beer she's ever had.
(c) That it has been altered.
(d) That it is delicious.
3. How does Jude decide he will alternatively enter the church?
(a) By going on a hunger strike until they let him in.
(b) By becoming a licentiate.
(c) By stealing money to pay for it.
(d) By lying about his credentials.
4. How does Arabella first get Jude's attention?
(a) She whistles at him.
(b) She throws pig entrails on him.
(c) She brings him water in the fields.
(d) She grabs him and starts dancing at a festival.
5. Where does Arabella want to go after she leaves Jude?
(a) To France.
(b) To Australia.
(c) To America.
(d) To Michigan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Phillotson hope he can do with Sue in Shaston?
2. What does Jude learn about Arabella's pregnancy shortly after they are married?
3. What interest does Mr. Phillotson take up while Sue is in Melchester?
4. Where does Mr. Phillotson work in Shaston?
5. Why do Jude and Arabella take a train to Aldbrickham?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)