|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Third, At Melchester: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Arabella go to in order to see if she is really pregnant or not?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Dr. Vilbert.
(c) A witch doctor.
(d) No one.
2. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
(a) Her moral character is heavily influenced by her religion.
(b) She has neither good nor bad morals.
(c) She has excellent moral character.
(d) She does not have good moral character.
3. Where does Arabella want to go after she leaves Jude?
(a) To France.
(b) To America.
(c) To Australia.
(d) To Michigan.
4. During their first outing together, what comment does Arabella make about the beer?
(a) That it is the best she's ever had.
(b) That it has been altered.
(c) That it's the first beer she's ever had.
(d) That it is delicious.
5. What does Jude learn about Arabella's pregnancy shortly after they are married?
(a) She aborted the baby.
(b) She got pregnant by someone else.
(c) It was fictional.
(d) She had a miscarriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Jude take after working at his aunt's bakery?
2. Why does Sue ask Jude to move to Melchester?
3. How is Arabella described when she is first introduced in the novel?
4. What does Jude do the night of his and Arabella's first big fight?
5. Where does Jude tell Sue about his previous marriage?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)