|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Third, At Melchester: Chapters 6-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sue let Jude know that she knows he loves her?
(a) In a phone call.
(b) In a letter.
(c) Through a messenger.
(d) In person.
2. By the end of Part I, what impression is left with the reader about Arabella's moral character?
(a) She does not have good moral character.
(b) She has excellent moral character.
(c) She has neither good nor bad morals.
(d) Her moral character is heavily influenced by her religion.
3. What does Jude decide to focus on after Arabella leaves him?
(a) His children.
(b) Traveling around the world.
(d) Finding another woman to marry.
4. What does Jude do during his first day in Chrisminster?
(a) Get drunk.
(b) Look at the churches and colleges in the city.
(c) Get arrested for being a vagrant.
(d) Find a job and a place to live; he is very responsible.
5. How does Jude learn about the stone-master he approaches in Christminster?
(a) From his previous employer.
(b) From a radio ad.
(c) From his aunt.
(d) From an ad in the paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the final thing that pushed Jude to go to Christminster?
2. How does Jude react to the letter from Sue informing him that she and Mr. Phillotson are to marry in a few weeks?
3. What religious location does Jude go to to see Sue before he actually talks to her?
4. What pictures does Sue have on her dressing table in Melchester?
5. What scandalous job did Arabella once have?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)