|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After their divorces go through, what does Sue offer to do with Jude if he does not speak to Arabella ever again?
(a) Let him have access to her large inheritance.
(b) Sleep with him.
(c) Help him avoid the law.
(d) Run away with him.
2. How does Jude decide he will alternatively enter the church?
(a) By becoming a licentiate.
(b) By stealing money to pay for it.
(c) By lying about his credentials.
(d) By going on a hunger strike until they let him in.
3. Why does Sue ask Jude to move to Melchester?
(a) So he will have somewhere other than his aunt's house to live.
(b) So he can be nearer to her.
(c) So he can be nearer to his children.
(d) So he can protect her from Mr. Phillotson.
4. How religious is Sue when she and Jude first meet?
(a) Not religious at all.
(b) A little religious.
(c) Completely religious.
(d) This is a trick question; she's actually a nun.
5. What does Jude suggest he and Sue do when they learn their divorces have gone through?
(a) Go out to dinner.
(b) Get married.
(c) Have a baby.
(d) Throw a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Arabella do with all of the things Jude gives her after she leaves him?
2. When does Sue plan to marry Mr. Phillotson?
3. With whose name do Jude and Sue decide to get his son christened with?
4. Who does Arabella go to in order to see if she is really pregnant or not?
5. How does Jude discover that Arabella has left him?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)