|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What noteworthy item did Jude give Arabella as a wedding gift that he later discovers she has abandoned?
(a) A picture of their house.
(b) A golden ring.
(c) An original-edition book.
(d) A picture of himself.
2. What does Jude do to Arabella that causes her to claim he is abusive?
(a) Purposefully trip her.
(b) Accidentally pull her fake hair out of its braid.
(c) Accidentally trip her.
(d) Purposefull pull her fake hair out of its braid.
3. How does Jude decide he will alternatively enter the church?
(a) By stealing money to pay for it.
(b) By lying about his credentials.
(c) By going on a hunger strike until they let him in.
(d) By becoming a licentiate.
4. How do the students respond to Sue's punishment for her absence from the school?
(a) They think it is too lenient.
(b) They don't care one way or the other.
(c) They write letters to the governor.
(d) They protest it.
5. How does Sue react to Jude's declaration that he wants to be a priest?
(a) She is angry because it means he won't be rich.
(b) They argue.
(c) She is so proud of him.
(d) She is sad because she knows priests can't be married.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Sue not want Jude to speak to Arabella, even after their divorce?
2. How long after she seduces Jude does Arabella think she might be pregnant?
3. Who does Arabella go to in order to see if she is really pregnant or not?
4. How does Sue eventually leave her school in Melchester?
5. How does Arabella react to Jude's slaughtering of her pig?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)