|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part Fifth, At Aldbrickham and Elsewhere: Chapters 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sue ask Jude to move to Melchester?
(a) So he can be nearer to her.
(b) So he can be nearer to his children.
(c) So he will have somewhere other than his aunt's house to live.
(d) So he can protect her from Mr. Phillotson.
2. What does Jude do to Arabella that causes her to claim he is abusive?
(a) Accidentally trip her.
(b) Purposefully trip her.
(c) Accidentally pull her fake hair out of its braid.
(d) Purposefull pull her fake hair out of its braid.
3. What noteworthy item did Jude give Arabella as a wedding gift that he later discovers she has abandoned?
(a) An original-edition book.
(b) A picture of himself.
(c) A picture of their house.
(d) A golden ring.
4. How do the students respond to Sue's punishment for her absence from the school?
(a) They don't care one way or the other.
(b) They write letters to the governor.
(c) They protest it.
(d) They think it is too lenient.
5. When does Sue plan to marry Mr. Phillotson?
(a) She she becomes pregnant.
(b) When she earns her certificate.
(d) When her parents can arrive for the wedding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sue go after she leaver her school in Melchester?
2. With whose name do Jude and Sue decide to get his son christened with?
3. How does Sue react to Jude's declaration that he wants to be a priest?
4. Why does Sue not want Jude to speak to Arabella, even after their divorce?
5. Who plans to be a witness to Sue and Jude's wedding before Sue gets cold feet?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)