|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Digger Wasp" is told from whose perspective?
(a) A young digger wasp.
(b) The adult digger wasp.
(c) Another insect.
(d) A narrator.
2. What covers the pages of this poem reflect what?
(a) The ways in which the beetles move.
(b) The habitat of the beetles.
(c) The way the beetles think.
(d) The food the beetles eat.
3. What are three words used to describe the whirligig beetle's movements?
(a) Slow, languid, lazy.
(b) Merry-go-rounds, swerving, wheeling.
(c) Straight as a pencil, a line, sharp.
(d) Zigzag, lightning, jagged.
4. Which bee believes life is hard and unenjoyable?
(a) The sweat bee.
(b) The bumble bee.
(c) The worker bee.
(d) The queen bee.
5. What is an important time of year in "Requiem?"
(a) Summer and the hot sun.
(b) Spring and the last frost.
(c) Winter and the first snowfall.
(d) Fall and the first frost.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the moods of "Honeybees"?
2. How are people like the water boatmen?
3. This sense reflects the movements of the whirligig beetle where?
4. "Whirligig Beetles" describes ____________ of these beetles.
5. How does the queen spend her days?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is a literary device used in "Water Boatmen?" Explain how it is used.
2. What does "The Digger Wasp" describe? Why?
3. How does this mood in "The Digger Wasp" change? Why?
4. Why are these insects compared to rowers?
5. From whose perspective is "Honeybees?" Why?
6. What is the mood of "The Digger Wasp?" Why?
7. How are cicadas like a choir?
8. To what else could the water boatmen be compared? Why?
9. What is the mood of "Cicadas?" Why?
10. What are the moods of this poem? Why do they differ?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)