|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The descriptive words and the use of ____________________ reflects the moths' intense feelings.
(a) Bold print.
(c) Capital letters.
(d) Exclamation points.
2. "The Moth's Serenade" tells of what?
(a) The moth's obsession with peanut butter.
(b) The moth's curiosity regarding the fly swatter.
(c) The moth's obsessive love for the porch light.
(d) The moth's interest in other insects.
3. According to this poem, what do the book lice and the moth have in common?
(a) They fly.
(b) They eat the glue from book bindings.
(c) They are nervous.
(d) They are in love.
4. What do mayflies and fireflies have in common?
(a) They live for one day.
(b) They fly.
(c) They light up.
(d) They are born and die in the same water source.
5. How are these two book lice opposites?
(a) They are two different kinds of book lice.
(b) They were born several months apart.
(c) They have contrasting reading interests.
(d) They are from different rooms in the house.
Short Answer Questions
1. "Mayflies" describes the _________ life of the mayfly
2. How do the book lice meet?
3. Joyful Noise is a book of ____________.
4. How are people like the mayfly?
5. What is significant about the answer to number 38?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are mayflies and fireflies similar?
2. How are these book lice opposites? How do they get past this?
3. How would you describe a firefly to someone who has never seen one?
4. To what does the poet compare fireflies? Is this a good comparison? Why or why not?
5. How does a mayfly feel at the end of its life? Why?
6. What mood is created by the behavior of the water striders? Why?
7. What is the purpose of "Book Lice?"
8. What might be the real purpose for a firefly's light? Why do you think this?
9. If you only had twenty-four hours to live, what would you do? Why?
10. How are other animals like humans? What human qualities do other animals have?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)