|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of poem is "Moth's Serenade?"
(a) A Haiku.
(b) A love poem.
(c) An educational poem.
(d) A factual poem.
2. "Mayflies" describes the _________ life of the mayfly
3. "Mayflies" ________________ tells of the brief life of the mayfly.
4. Where do the grasshoppers hop?
(a) In a cage.
(b) Through their environment.
(c) Through someone's house.
(d) In a tree.
5. The water strider's ability to walk on water hints at what?
(a) Jesus Christ's ability to walk on water.
(b) The lack of talent other insects have.
(c) Jesus Christ's ability to change water into wine.
(d) The strange abilities of some insects.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood of "Book Lice?"
2. How does the poet help the reader relate to fireflies?
3. To emphasize the powerful and image-provoking verbs used by the poet, he has used what literary device?
4. "Book Lice" describes what?
5. Who reads which part of this book?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the mayfly's perception of time compare to our own?
2. How are mayflies and fireflies similar?
3. If you were to write a poem, what would it be about? Why?
4. How does a mayfly feel at the end of its life? Why?
5. How does a mayfly's life compare to our own?
6. Describe the grasshoppers in "Grasshoppers" and the water striders in "Water Striders." How do they compare?
7. How can a person relate to this moth?
8. How would you describe a firefly to someone who has never seen one?
9. How does the poet use words to make the movement of the firefly more exciting and vivid? Do you think this is effective? Why or why not?
10. How are other animals like humans? What human qualities do other animals have?
This section contains 832 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)