|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is another mood of "Honeybees"?
(b) Relaxed and happy.
2. "The Digger Wasp" is told from whose perspective?
(a) A narrator.
(b) The adult digger wasp.
(c) A young digger wasp.
(d) Another insect.
3. "Requiem" is a _______________.
(b) Persuasive speech.
4. Upon contemplating this poem and the deaths of these insects, one becomes more aware of what?
(a) The number of insect species.
(b) The power of nature.
(c) The power of insects.
(d) The importance of insects.
5. The sound of cicadas singing begins how?
(a) With a single creature.
(b) With two creatures.
(c) With a male cicada.
(d) With a chorus of cicadas.
6. The two parts of the poem frequently do what?
(b) Tell jokes.
7. With what are the pages of the whirligig beetle's poem covered?
(a) Drawings of these swerving, spinning beetles.
(b) Vocabulary describing this beetle.
(c) The word whirligig.
(d) Strong verbs describing these beetles.
8. The poet creates what between the two readers in "Cicadas?"
(a) An echo.
(b) A discussion.
(c) An argument.
(d) A dance.
9. A great deal of imagery and expressive vocabulary is also used to describe the ____________ movements of these beetles.
10. The digger wasp wants its children to know that they were ____________.
(c) Prayed for.
11. What else does the digger wasp prepare for its children?
12. "Honeybees" is told from the perspective of whom?
(a) The larvae.
(b) Other insects.
(c) The worker bee.
(d) The honey.
13. Will the digger wasp ever see its offspring?
(a) Yes, for several weeks.
(b) Yes, but only for a short while.
(d) Yes, for their entire lives.
14. What happens when the water boatmen reach their destination?
(a) They die.
(b) They turn around and head back to where they came from.
(c) They are allowed to rest.
(d) They start families.
15. "Whirligig Beetles" describes ____________ of these beetles.
(a) The daily actions.
(b) Short life.
(c) The evening routine.
(d) The morning routine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which bee believes life is hard and unenjoyable?
2. Why do the two parts do this?
3. Where are the water boatmen headed?
4. "Water Boatmen" frequently repeats what word?
5. From whom else's perspective is "Honeybees"?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)