|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the digger wasp hope its children will do?
(a) Enjoy the food and shelter.
(b) Know how to take care of itself.
(c) Live long, happy lives.
(d) Realize the sacrifices the parent made for its children.
2. What tool is used by the poet to express the beetles' qualities?
(a) The unison sections of the two speakers' parts.
(b) The simple language found in this poem.
(c) The repetition of words in the poem.
(d) The overlapping of the two speakers' parts.
3. The digger wasp creates what for its children?
(a) A bed.
(b) A nest.
(c) A shelter.
(d) A room.
4. Which bee believes life is relaxing and enjoyable?
(a) The worker bee.
(b) The sweat bee.
(c) The queen bee.
(d) The bumble bee.
5. What does the digger wasp hope to do for its offspring?
(a) Make life more exciting.
(b) Make them jealous of it.
(c) Make life easier.
(d) Make them happy.
6. Will the digger wasp ever see its offspring?
(a) Yes, for several weeks.
(b) Yes, for their entire lives.
(c) Yes, but only for a short while.
7. What else is reflected by what covers the pages of the poem?
(a) The confusion and frustration that must be caused by this many beetles.
(b) The way life must be in this habitat.
(c) The chaos this movement must create among this throng of beetles.
(d) The way the beetles must have to hunt to find food.
8. What do the water boatmen and the digger wasp have in common?
(a) They can fly.
(c) They can swim.
9. How does the worker bee spend his days?
(a) Slaving away to provide for the hive.
(b) Flying around the hive looking for a mate.
(c) Eating bonbons and watching movies.
(d) Lounging around or laying eggs.
10. What happens when the water boatmen reach their destination?
(a) They turn around and head back to where they came from.
(b) They are allowed to rest.
(c) They die.
(d) They start families.
11. "Honeybees" is told from the perspective of whom?
(a) The larvae.
(b) Other insects.
(c) The worker bee.
(d) The honey.
12. "The Digger Wasp" is a very _________________ story.
13. "Water Boatmen" frequently repeats what word?
14. How does "Requiem" end?
(a) By blaming people for the deaths of these insects.
(b) By giving the insects homes.
(c) By giving the cause of death.
(d) By giving the names of the insects who have died.
15. For what else does the digger wasp prepare?
(a) Its death.
(b) The coming of winter.
(c) A move to a new home.
(d) Additions to its family.
Short Answer Questions
1. Water boatmen are compared to whom?
2. How are the lives of the two types of bees similar?
3. Can many people relate to the queen bee? Why or why not?
4. What is an important time of year in "Requiem?"
5. What else does the digger wasp prepare for its children?
This section contains 544 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)