Final Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which bee believes life is relaxing and enjoyable?
(a) The bumble bee.
(b) The worker bee.
(c) The sweat bee.
(d) The queen bee.
2. What tool is used by the poet to express the beetles' qualities?
(a) The repetition of words in the poem.
(b) The unison sections of the two speakers' parts.
(c) The simple language found in this poem.
(d) The overlapping of the two speakers' parts.
3. With what are the pages of the whirligig beetle's poem covered?
(a) Drawings of these swerving, spinning beetles.
(b) Strong verbs describing these beetles.
(c) Vocabulary describing this beetle.
(d) The word whirligig.
4. Why do the two parts do this?
(a) To give a sense of determination.
(b) To give a sense of humor.
(c) To create a sense of frenzy and chaos.
(d) To give a sense of jealousy and hatred.
5. "Cicadas" tells of the _________ that cicadas feel.
6. Why might the cause of death of these insects be surprising to humans?
(a) We do not often think about the importance of water.
(b) We do not often think about how important the hot sun is to nature.
(c) We do not often think about how important the spring thaw is.
(d) We do not often think about the importance of the first frost.
7. What are three words used to describe the whirligig beetle's movements?
(a) Straight as a pencil, a line, sharp.
(b) Merry-go-rounds, swerving, wheeling.
(c) Slow, languid, lazy.
(d) Zigzag, lightning, jagged.
8. How do the two parts relate to the whirligig beetle?
(a) Reflect the aggressiveness of the whirligig beetle.
(b) Reflect the laziness of the whirligig beetle.
(c) Reflect the movement of the whirligig beetle.
(d) Reflect the joy felt by the whirligig beetle.
9. The sound of cicadas singing begins how?
(a) With two creatures.
(b) With a single creature.
(c) With a male cicada.
(d) With a chorus of cicadas.
10. Can many people relate to the queen bee? Why or why not?
(a) Most people cannot relate to her because they have to work hard to provide for themselves and their families.
(b) Most people can relate to her because they are royalty.
(c) Most people can relate to her because they are lazy and do not work.
(d) Most people can relate to her because they are wealthy.
11. What is an important time of year in "Requiem?"
(a) Summer and the hot sun.
(b) Winter and the first snowfall.
(c) Fall and the first frost.
(d) Spring and the last frost.
12. How are people like the water boatmen?
(a) People are also called oarsmen.
(b) Most people own boats.
(c) People often work hard for a chance at a vacation or break.
(d) Most people like to swim.
13. What is another mood that can be felt while reading "The Digger Wasp"?
14. What else does the digger wasp prepare for its children?
15. How long have the cicadas spent in the dark?
(a) Three years.
(b) Four years.
(c) Five years.
(d) Two years.
Short Answer Questions
1. A great deal of imagery and expressive vocabulary is also used to describe the ____________ movements of these beetles.
2. How can people relate to the worker bee?
3. What about this time of year do the cicadas like?
4. This sense reflects the movements of the whirligig beetle where?
5. What are the cicadas celebrating?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)