|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "Honeybees" is told from the perspective of whom?
(a) Other insects.
(b) The worker bee.
(c) The honey.
(d) The larvae.
2. Where are the water boatmen headed?
(a) To the ocean.
(b) To the coral reef.
(c) To the bottom of the pond.
(d) To the opposite shore.
3. "The Digger Wasp" tells of the life of a digger wasp as it prepares for what?
(a) The end of summer.
(c) The arrival of its offspring.
(d) The spring floods.
4. What is one of the moods of "Honeybees"?
5. Water boatmen are compared to whom?
6. What covers the pages of this poem reflect what?
(a) The food the beetles eat.
(b) The way the beetles think.
(c) The habitat of the beetles.
(d) The ways in which the beetles move.
7. What about this time of year do the cicadas like?
(a) The sun.
(b) The flowers.
(c) The birds.
(d) The snow.
8. When read aloud by the two speakers, this poem creates a sense of what?
(a) Happiness and contentedness.
(b) Chaos and nervous energy.
(c) Peace and quiet.
(d) Anger and hostility.
9. What do the water boatmen and the digger wasp have in common?
(b) They can swim.
(c) They can fly.
10. Can many people relate to the queen bee? Why or why not?
(a) Most people cannot relate to her because they have to work hard to provide for themselves and their families.
(b) Most people can relate to her because they are lazy and do not work.
(c) Most people can relate to her because they are royalty.
(d) Most people can relate to her because they are wealthy.
11. Which bee believes life is relaxing and enjoyable?
(a) The worker bee.
(b) The sweat bee.
(c) The bumble bee.
(d) The queen bee.
12. Will the digger wasp ever see its offspring?
(a) Yes, for several weeks.
(b) Yes, but only for a short while.
(d) Yes, for their entire lives.
13. How can the lives of the two different bees in this poem be described?
(a) As identical.
(b) As exciting.
(c) As very different.
(d) As very similar.
14. Which bee believes life is hard and unenjoyable?
(a) The worker bee.
(b) The bumble bee.
(c) The queen bee.
(d) The sweat bee.
15. What else does the digger wasp prepare for its children?
Short Answer Questions
1. "Whirligig Beetles" describes ____________ of these beetles.
2. How are the lives of the two types of bees similar?
3. What are the cicadas celebrating?
4. How does the queen spend her days?
5. What else is reflected by what covers the pages of the poem?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)