|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the moods of "Honeybees"?
2. "Water Boatmen" frequently repeats what word?
3. For much of human history the largest group within a culture was the __________.
4. "Honeybees" is quite different from the previous poems. Why?
(a) The bee is unhappy.
(b) The mood is not humorous.
(c) The lives of all bees is not equal.
(d) There are two insects in this poem.
5. The digger wasp creates what for its children?
(a) A room.
(b) A bed.
(c) A shelter.
(d) A nest.
6. "The Digger Wasp" is a very _________________ story.
7. Water boatmen are compared to whom?
8. This sense reflects the movements of the whirligig beetle where?
(a) In the water.
(b) In the trees.
(c) In the air.
(d) In the sand.
9. What does the digger wasp hope its children will do?
(a) Live long, happy lives.
(b) Realize the sacrifices the parent made for its children.
(c) Enjoy the food and shelter.
(d) Know how to take care of itself.
10. "Cicadas" tells of the _________ that cicadas feel.
11. According to these beetles, this ____________ way of moving is the best way to move.
(a) Round about and indirect.
12. "Water Boatmen" describes the ________________ of this insect.
(a) Effort and determination.
(d) Calm and happy personality.
13. How are the lives of the two types of bees similar?
(a) They make honey.
(b) They protect the hive.
(c) They lay eggs.
(d) They play their part in keeping the hive thriving.
14. What tool is used by the poet to express the beetles' qualities?
(a) The repetition of words in the poem.
(b) The overlapping of the two speakers' parts.
(c) The simple language found in this poem.
(d) The unison sections of the two speakers' parts.
15. The sound of cicadas singing begins how?
(a) With a chorus of cicadas.
(b) With a male cicada.
(c) With two creatures.
(d) With a single creature.
Short Answer Questions
1. What names are used to describe the water boatmen?
2. What else is reflected by what covers the pages of the poem?
3. This is the first poem to focus on what?
4. How are people like the water boatmen?
5. How does the worker bee spend his days?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)