|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through House Crickets and Chrysalis Diary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the word cricket repeated throughout the poem?
(a) To annoy the reader.
(b) To reflect the only evidence humans may have that crickets live in their homes.
(c) To show the importance of crickets.
(d) To remind the reader of the subject of this poem.
2. What is the water strider's special skill?
(a) It can walk on water.
(b) It can glow in the dark.
(c) It can fly.
(d) It can dive into deep water.
3. What words does the poet specifically use when he uses this literary device?
(a) The firefly dances like the dancers in Degas' paintings.
(b) Glimmering, gleaming, glowing.
(c) The firefly lights up the entire night sky.
(d) The light-hearted actions of the firefly is an allegory of spring.
4. What is some of the vocabulary used by the poet to describe the grasshoppers?
(a) Bounders, leapers, springers, soarers, bounders, leapers, springers, soarers.
(b) Acrobats, circlers, twirlers, flippers.
(c) Sliders, runners, sprinters. spinners.
(d) Hurdlers, racers, gymnasts, slow-moving.
5. What kind of poem is "Moth's Serenade?"
(a) A factual poem.
(b) An educational poem.
(c) A love poem.
(d) A Haiku.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the answer to number 90 repeated in the poem?
2. According to this poem, what do the book lice and the moth have in common?
3. What does the digger wasp hope its children will do?
4. For much of human history the largest group within a culture was the __________.
5. What is an important time of year in "Requiem?"
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)