|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through House Crickets and Chrysalis Diary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. "The Digger Wasp" is told from whose perspective?
(a) A young digger wasp.
(b) Another insect.
(c) The adult digger wasp.
(d) A narrator.
2. The digger wasp feels _______________ that its offspring will understand the sacrifices it made for them.
3. "Grasshoppers" is written so that the readers do what?
(a) Say very different things.
(b) Speak very quickly and loudly.
(c) Speak slowly and quietly.
(d) Say the same thing.
4. Why does the caterpillar chronicle all the changes that take place?
(a) It wants to write a book about its changes.
(b) It wants to make the change easier for caterpillars in the future.
(c) It wants its children to know what happened to it.
(d) It does not think that anyone would believe this transformation taking place.
5. For much of human history the largest group within a culture was the __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the answer to number 90 repeated in the poem?
2. This sense reflects the movements of the whirligig beetle where?
3. "Water Striders" asks whether this insect's ability to walk on water is what?
4. What is some of the vocabulary used by the poet to describe the grasshoppers?
5. Whom do the water striders try to teach to walk on water?
This section contains 281 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)