|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through House Crickets and Chrysalis Diary.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of poem is "Moth's Serenade?"
(a) A Haiku.
(b) An educational poem.
(c) A love poem.
(d) A factual poem.
2. "Water Striders" asks whether this insect's ability to walk on water is what?
(b) A miracle.
3. What aspects of humanity can be learned from the poem about moths?
(a) Obsession and lust.
4. How does the queen spend her days?
(a) Flying around the hive looking for a mate.
(b) Eating bonbons and watching movies.
(c) Slaving away to provide for the hive.
(d) Lounging around or laying eggs.
5. Why might the cause of death of these insects be surprising to humans?
(a) We do not often think about how important the spring thaw is.
(b) We do not often think about how important the hot sun is to nature.
(c) We do not often think about the importance of the first frost.
(d) We do not often think about the importance of water.
Short Answer Questions
1. The digger wasp creates what for its children?
2. Why does the caterpillar chronicle all the changes that take place?
3. How does the caterpillar know how to make a cocoon?
4. "Whirligig Beetles" describes ____________ of these beetles.
5. What names are used to describe the water boatmen?
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)