|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Whirligig Beetles and Requiem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the poet help the reader relate to fireflies?
(a) He compares the fireflies to artists.
(b) He compares the fireflies to musicians.
(c) He compares the fireflies to dancers.
(d) He compare the fireflies to athletes.
2. "Water Striders" asks whether this insect's ability to walk on water is what?
(b) A miracle.
3. How do the letters that are the answer to number 54 have emphasis placed on them?
(a) By only using words that begin with these letters.
(b) By putting them in bold print.
(c) By using them at the beginning of most of the lines.
(d) By using them repeatedly.
4. How does "Requiem" end?
(a) By giving the cause of death.
(b) By blaming people for the deaths of these insects.
(c) By giving the names of the insects who have died.
(d) By giving the insects homes.
5. The digger wasp creates what for its children?
(a) A room.
(b) A bed.
(c) A shelter.
(d) A nest.
Short Answer Questions
1. "The Digger Wasp" is told from whose perspective?
2. How does the queen spend her days?
3. It is interesting to see from the mayfly's perspective regarding what?
4. The digger wasp wants its children to know that they were ____________.
5. Who reads which part of this book?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)