|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Whirligig Beetles and Requiem.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The digger wasp wants its children to know that they were ____________.
(d) Prayed for.
2. From whose perspective is "Grasshoppers?"
(a) A grasshopper.
(b) A group of grasshoppers.
(c) Another insect.
(d) The observer.
3. How do the mayflies spend their time?
(a) Lazily flying about.
(b) Frantically flying about.
4. It is interesting to see from the mayfly's perspective regarding what?
(a) The length of the mayfly's life.
(b) The way they swim.
(c) The way they raise their young.
(d) The type of food they eat.
5. "Water Boatmen" frequently repeats what word?
Short Answer Questions
1. This poem can be described how?
2. "Grasshoppers" is written so that the readers do what?
3. What do the water boatmen and the digger wasp have in common?
4. Upon contemplating this poem and the deaths of these insects, one becomes more aware of what?
5. "Water Striders" asks whether this insect's ability to walk on water is what?
This section contains 200 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)