|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Lice and The Moth's Serenade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the mayfly feel nostalgia?
(a) It does not feel nostalgic.
(b) For its youth.
(c) For its friends.
(d) For its family.
2. What is the definition of the literary device that is the answer to number 42?
(a) A symbolic representation.
(b) The repetition of the initial consonant with at least two repetitions in a row.
(c) A figure of speech involving exaggeration.
(d) A reference to a famous person or event in life or literature.
3. According to this poem, why is the moth drawn to the light?
(a) It does not know why.
(b) It is attracted to the heat of the light.
(c) It likes bright colors.
(d) It likes the color yellow.
4. Why might these insects want to teach others to walk on water?
(a) They want others to be able to do what they can do.
(b) They want others to fall in the water.
(c) They like to make fun of others.
(d) They do not like other types of insects.
5. "Water Striders" asks whether this insect's ability to walk on water is what?
(a) A miracle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the water strider feel when its students cannot perform its special skill?
2. The water strider's ability to walk on water hints at what?
3. What do the water striders call those they attempt to teach to walk on water?
4. This poem is also filled with ___________.
5. To emphasize the powerful and image-provoking verbs used by the poet, he has used what literary device?
This section contains 280 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)