|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book Lice and The Moth's Serenade.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the grasshoppers hop?
(a) In a cage.
(b) In a tree.
(c) Through their environment.
(d) Through someone's house.
2. How does the poet specifically use this literary device?
(a) He has compared the firefly to Degas.
(b) He has placed verbs beginning with the same letter adjacent to each other.
(c) He has represented fireflies as the green army of the night sky.
(d) He has exaggerated the abilities of the firefly.
3. What is the mood of "The Moth's Serenade?"
4. "The Moth's Serenade" tells of what?
(a) The moth's curiosity regarding the fly swatter.
(b) The moth's obsessive love for the porch light.
(c) The moth's obsession with peanut butter.
(d) The moth's interest in other insects.
5. What is the mood of "Mayflies?"
Short Answer Questions
1. "Mayflies" ________________ tells of the brief life of the mayfly.
2. After the results of the water strider's attempts to teach others to walk on water, why might the water striders want to continue "teaching" others to walk on water?
3. How is the letter F important in "Fireflies?"
4. How are these two book lice opposites?
5. This speaking imitates ___________.
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)