|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the nature of the injury of the individual in the evening in Section 19?
(b) A missing limb
(c) Blood loss
2. What does Bardamu think about doing to solve his disastrous business?
(a) Leave town
(b) Make up the books
(c) Fake his death
(d) Burn his clinic
3. What does Bardemu suspect about the dreadful news he hears just as he is leaving Toulouse?
(a) That Robinson killed her
(b) That it was bound to happen sooner or later
(c) That it was an accident
(d) That Madelon killed her
4. What type of suburb is it that Bardamu lives in upon returning to France?
(b) Middle class
(c) A slum
(d) Working class
5. What is Monsieur Henrouille suffering from in Section 21?
(b) Heart failure
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment is the elderly man suffering that Bardamu visits in Section 18?
2. Why do people flock to see Grandma Henrouille's show?
3. In Section 14, who does Bardamu start seeing romantically?
4. Why is Grandma Henrouille at last happy in Section 19?
5. Who does Bardamu go to see in Section 17?
Short Essay Questions
1. What becomes obvious to Bardamu while attending the party on the houseboat?
2. What job does Bardamu then later take on in Section 19, in addition to being a doctor?
3. Why is Bardamu happy for the first time for a long time at the beginning of Section 21?
4. Why is Bardamu disgusted with the midwife?
5. Why does Bardamu look down upon the students that he hangs out with in Section 22?
6. How does Robinson's plan backfire in Section 19?
7. What happens with Doctor Baryton?
8. Why is Bardamu despairing of Robinson and Madelon's lifestyle?
9. What is Robinson's grisly plan?
10. What profession does Bardamu take on in Section 15?
This section contains 677 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)