|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Dr. Paraprine set up for Bardamu back in France?
(a) Working in a psychiatric hospital
(b) Working in in a movie theatre
(c) Book stall employee
(d) Baker's assistant
2. What favor does Robinson ask for?
(a) A report on conditions at the hospital
(b) A reference
(c) A medicine
(d) A hospital job
3. What is the nature of the injury of the individual in the evening in Section 19?
(b) Blood loss
(d) A missing limb
4. What is Pomone's job?
5. What does Bardamu think about doing to solve his disastrous business?
(a) Fake his death
(b) Make up the books
(c) Leave town
(d) Burn his clinic
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Bardemu's new boss at the job Dr. Paraprine set up for him in France?
2. Who does Bardamu go to see in Section 17?
3. Why do people flock to see Grandma Henrouille's show?
4. What is the name of the suburb Bardamu lives in when he returns to France?
5. What is wrong with Grandma Henrouille?
Short Essay Questions
1. What distresses Bardamu about his new profession in Section 15?
2. What happens with Doctor Baryton?
3. What does Dr. Paraprine advise Bardamu to do?
4. Why does Bardamu gain a bad reputation as a doctor?
5. What does Bardamu hate about New York City?
6. What is sad about the case of the young girl in Section 16?
7. What job does Abbot Protiste suggest for Robinson and Grandma Henrouille?
8. What does Bebert fall ill from?
9. What profession does Bardamu enter into when he returns to Paris?
10. Why is Bardamu disgusted with the midwife?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)