|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Bardamu sell his own possessions?
(a) To finance an extensive vacation
(b) To finance being a doctor
(c) To go back to the jungle to begin a gold-collecting operation
(d) To be able to move
2. What job does Dr. Paraprine set up for Bardamu back in France?
(a) Working in a psychiatric hospital
(b) Working in in a movie theatre
(c) Baker's assistant
(d) Book stall employee
3. Whom does Bardamu meet up with at the carnival in Section 19?
4. How much money does Lola give to Bardamu in Section 13?
(a) 1,000 dollars
(b) 100 dollars
(c) 10 dollars
(d) 1 dollar
5. What makes Bardamu think that humanity's cruelty has evolved?
(a) There are now planes in the shooting gallery
(b) The games at the carnival have grown crueller
(c) People are nastier than he remembered them to be
(d) World War II breaks out
Short Answer Questions
1. What dreadful news does Bardemu hear just as he is leaving Toulouse?
2. What is the name of the concierge's nephew?
3. How much money does Grandma Henrouille earn from her job?
4. Where is Bardamu later called that night after attending the carnival in Section 19 in order to attend another emergency?
5. What type of suburb is it that Bardamu lives in upon returning to France?
Short Essay Questions
1. What profession does Bardamu enter into when he returns to Paris?
2. What does Grandma Henrouille now do for a living in Section 22?
3. How does Robinson's plan backfire in Section 19?
4. What job does Bardamu then later take on in Section 19, in addition to being a doctor?
5. Why is Bardamu suddenly disillusioned with the Tarapout Theater in Section 21?
6. What is curious about the Grandma Henrouille case?
7. Who is Molly?
8. Why does Bardamu go to Detroit?
9. What job does Abbot Protiste suggest for Robinson and Grandma Henrouille?
10. Who does Bardamu go to for money in Section 13?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)