|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What instrument does Musyne play?
(a) The guitar
(b) The whistle
(c) The harp
(d) The violin
2. Who is being celebrated in the public occasion Bardamu sees passing his window?
(b) New recruits for the army
(d) Returning war heroes
3. Who is the main character?
(b) Doctor Paraprine
(c) Leon Robinson
(d) Ferdinand Bardamu
4. What illness does Bardamu suffer from in Section 11?
(a) Denge fever
(b) Malarial fever
5. According to Bardamu, why do the whites work so hard in the colonies?
(a) They have fantasies about becoming rich
(b) They are hard-working citizens
(c) Life is so hard
(d) They will be beaten otherwise
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the supplies Bardamu is entrusted with in Section 10?
2. What does Bardamu think about American couples?
3. What dangerous creatures does Bardamu attempt to fend off in Section 8?
4. What does Bardamu think he is going to find in America?
5. How are the inmates in Section 5 cured?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bardamu discover about Noirceur from its mayor?
2. In what way does Bardamu realize he has been swindled in Section 11?
3. What does Bardamu decide is strange - yet respectful - about Sergeant Alcide?
4. What is strange about the military outpost under Lt. Grappa's command?
5. What do the hospital patients attempt to do to amuse themselves?
6. Why is Bardamu sent to the town of Noirceur?
7. What skills does Bardamu learn in Section 11 that proves useful to him?
8. Who saves Bardamu from the jungle?
9. What does Bardamu think of the marching parade?
10. Who is the man at the last trading hut before the jungle?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)