|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Bardamu escape his problems in Section 10?
(a) He becomes one of Alcide's people
(b) He works hard at their solutions
(c) He flees into the jungle
(d) He pretends he is ill
2. What has the father in Section 7 already done?
(a) Hung himself
(b) Given his money to Robinson
(c) Welcomed home his son
(d) Gone out
3. In Section 4, where does Bardamu begin the narrative?
(a) The front line
(b) In a hospital
(c) At a carnival
(d) In Britain
4. In Section 12, where is Bardamu asked to go to?
(d) San Francisco
5. What does Bardamu think the Manhattan Banks are similar to?
(b) Military hospitals
(c) The jungles
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Bardamu meet in Paris that he falls in lust for?
2. Where does Lola come from?
3. Who is Bardamu's superior officer?
4. As stated in Section 3, how is Robinson similar to Bardamu?
5. What does Bardamu think about American couples?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bardamu realize about his new life in Africa, this new continent and the people he associates with?
2. In Section 7, where does Bardamu decide to go and why?
3. What is strange about the military outpost under Lt. Grappa's command?
4. Who is Musyne, and why does her relationship with Bardamu fail to work?
5. Why does Bardamu look down on the nurses?
6. What is Voireuse's scheme for getting money?
7. What does Bardamu discover about Noirceur from its mayor?
8. What does Bardamu think about the Germans during the First World War?
9. What does Bardamu decide is strange - yet respectful - about Sergeant Alcide?
10. What is the significance of Major Pincon's map?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)