|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who benefits from the war in Bardamu's estimation?
(a) The British Isles
(b) The rich and powerful
(c) The poor and the needy
(d) The military
2. How does Bardamu almost become a celebrity in Section 6?
(a) His fake war stories are used in a play
(b) His exploits are in the news
(c) He dates a famous actress
(d) His striking good looks
3. As stated in Section 3, how is Robinson similar to Bardamu?
(a) They both come from the same hometown
(b) They both have the same color eyes
(c) They both long to die in battle for their country
(d) They both wish to flee the war
4. What happens to the supplies Bardamu is entrusted with in Section 10?
(a) It is stolen by natives
(b) It is set fire to by Robinson
(c) It is blown away by the winds
(d) He eats it
5. How much money do the Putas give Voireuse and Bardamu?
(a) Five francs
(b) Five hundred francs
(c) Fifty francs
(d) Five thousand francs
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the soldiers have to do every month in order to get supplies?
2. What does Bardamu think he is going to find in America?
3. What happens when Bardamu tries to resign his post?
4. Whom do they find at the house when they arrive there?
5. How does Bardamu escape his problems in Section 10?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bardamu realize about his new life in Africa, this new continent and the people he associates with?
2. What is the best description of the main character's personality?
3. Why is Bardamu sent to the town of Noirceur?
4. Whom does Bardamu meet outside Noirceur who becomes an enduring character in his own life?
5. What is the traditional cure for cowardice used in the military hospitals?
6. What does Bardamu find so calculating and ruthless about the Director?
7. Why is Robinson's appearance in Section 8 significant?
8. What does Bardamu think is the interesting quality of the Manhattan Banks?
9. What skills does Bardamu learn in Section 11 that proves useful to him?
10. Who is Musyne, and why does her relationship with Bardamu fail to work?
This section contains 714 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)