|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Bardamu live with in the hotel in Section 21?
2. Why does Bardamu get the job of treating Bebert?
(a) They other doctors do not know who Bebert is
(b) The other doctors do not know how serious the illness is
(c) Bardamu has the most experienced knives in the business
(d) Because the other doctors like him and think he is the best to handle the job for so little money
3. What type of suburb is it that Bardamu lives in upon returning to France?
(a) A slum
(c) Working class
(d) Middle class
4. Where does Bardamu next work?
(a) At a movie theater
(b) In a hospital
(c) At a museum
(d) On a houseboat
5. What is sad about the young girl in Section 16?
(a) She is too young
(b) Her mother refuses her a place to eat
(c) Her mother refuses her treatment
(d) She has no money
6. What side-job does Baryton give Bardemu?
(c) Teaching him and his daughter English
(d) Builder of strange architectural details
7. What is the name of the movie theater Bardamu goes to in Section 20?
8. How does Bardamu seek to treat typhoid in Section 17?
(a) By using Epsom salts
(b) By vigorous washing
(c) By keeping patients warm
(d) By asking advice
9. What does Bardemu overhear on his way home from the party in Section 23?
(a) Robinson hates Madelon
(b) That Madelon and Robinson do not like him
(c) Robinson is planning another murder
(d) Madelon and Robinson are about to get married
10. What American city does Bardamu travel to after New York?
(d) Washington, DC
11. What is Lola's mother suffering from?
(b) Liver cancer
(c) Lung cancer
12. What dreadful news does Bardemu hear just as he is leaving Toulouse?
(a) Robinson has died
(b) Grandma Henrouille has died
(c) Paraprine has died
(d) Madelon has died
13. Who does Bardamu go to see in Section 17?
14. How many mummified bodies are there in the crypt in Section 21?
15. Of what does Bardamu hallucinate?
(a) Tin soldiers
(b) People he knew in the war
(c) The clouds and the angels
(d) Dragons and monsters
Short Answer Questions
1. How much money will Robinson be paid for his murderous act?
2. Where does Bardamu visit Robinson and Grandma Henrouille in Section 21?
3. What does Bardamu shout down to the people under his window in Section 13?
4. What does Bebert fall sick of?
5. What is Robinson planning to do?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)