|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Bardamu meet up with at the carnival in Section 19?
2. What does Bardamu shout down to the people under his window in Section 13?
(d) Joyful tidings
3. Why does Bardamu visit Lola in Section 13?
(a) To say sorry
(b) To reignite their romance
(c) To ask for some money
(d) To become friends
4. How does Bardamu seek to treat typhoid in Section 17?
(a) By vigorous washing
(b) By asking advice
(c) By keeping patients warm
(d) By using Epsom salts
5. What company does Bardamu find work at in the city he travels to after New York?
6. What does Bebert fall sick of?
(a) Malarial fever
(b) Yellow fever
(c) Typhoid fever
(d) Common fever
7. What is sad about the young girl in Section 16?
(a) She is too young
(b) Her mother refuses her treatment
(c) Her mother refuses her a place to eat
(d) She has no money
8. Why does her family want Grandma Henrouille committed to an asylum?
(a) So they can claim a state pension
(b) So they know that she is safe
(c) So they look after her
(d) So they can rent out her house
9. What does Bardemu suspect about the dreadful news he hears just as he is leaving Toulouse?
(a) That Madelon killed her
(b) That Robinson killed her
(c) That it was bound to happen sooner or later
(d) That it was an accident
10. Why does Bardamu look down upon the people he lives with in the hotel in Section 21?
(a) They just want to work and earn money
(b) They are so young
(c) They are so frivolous
(d) They just want to party all the time
11. When does Bardamu start hallucinating?
(a) When he goes to the carnival
(b) When he dances with the Polish girl
(c) When he goes to the crypt
(d) When he drinks with the Polish girl
12. Of what does Bardamu hallucinate?
(a) Dragons and monsters
(b) Tin soldiers
(c) The clouds and the angels
(d) People he knew in the war
13. Who is put in charge of the institute at the end of Section 24?
14. Why is the midwife angry at Bardamu?
(a) For sleeping with her daughter
(b) For turning up late
(c) For turning up drunk
(d) For taking her limelight
15. What does Bardemu overhear on his way home from the party in Section 23?
(a) Robinson hates Madelon
(b) Madelon and Robinson are about to get married
(c) That Madelon and Robinson do not like him
(d) Robinson is planning another murder
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bardamu think about doing to solve his disastrous business?
2. What is Lola's mother suffering from?
3. What is Sunday reserved for, in Bardamu's view?
4. What is the name of the movie theater Bardamu goes to in Section 20?
5. What favor does Robinson ask for?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)