|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 3-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the town that Bardamu is sent to investigate so suspicious?
(a) Because it flies a German flag
(b) Because it is so heavily armored
(c) Because it is so peaceful and unharmed
(d) Because it is so wealthy
2. Who is being celebrated in the public occasion Bardamu sees passing his window?
(c) Returning war heroes
(d) New recruits for the army
3. In what year does the book start?
4. What does the Mayor tell Robinson and Bardamu is the reason Noirceur is so peaceful?
(a) He has made a deal with the Germans
(b) God favors them
(c) Because it is overlooked by the armies
(d) Because no one likes the town
5. Whose house do Robinson and Bardamu visit in the village of Noirceur?
(a) The councillor's
(b) The Mayor's
(c) The police officer's
(d) The doctor's
Short Answer Questions
1. What event is about to happen in world history, across Europe at the beginning of the book?
2. Who is the main character?
3. What important 'kit' does Major Pincon own?
4. How did Bardamu receive his war medal?
5. Why does Lola want to help France in the First World War?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)