|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lukas suddenly do after describing his experiences?
2. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
3. Who or what does H.H. see near the person he follows in Part IV?
4. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
5. What concern does the person H.H. follows express about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
2. In Part IV what does the person say when H.H. pleads for recognition?
3. How does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the building he watches in Part IV?
4. What do Lukas and his circle of friends say in Part III about H.H.'s expedition?
5. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
6. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
7. What sentiments does H.H. express about psychologist in Part III?
8. What happens when the whistling stops at the beginning of Part IV?
9. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
10. What does H.H.'s friend Lukas do for a living?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part III, H.H. visits his friend Lukas who has written a book about the World War. What does H.H. wish to gain from the meeting? What is Lukas' original reaction to H.H.'s request? How does Lukas opinion change later in Part III?
Essay Topic 2
H.H. sees Leo on Seilergraben and recognizes him. Why do you think it takes him so long to approach Leo? What does H.H. do before making himself known to Leo? How does Leo behave? Explain why you think Leo acts the way he does.
Essay Topic 3
H.H. says everything is at stake for him and his whole future life will be decided by the High Throne. What effect does he believe the High Throne's decision could have on his past? Why does he give so much importance to the High Throne's opinion? Do you think it will impact his goal to write his memoirs? Explain.
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)