|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
2. How does the man H.H. follows feel about dogs, birds, and cats?
3. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
4. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
5. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
Essay Topic 1
H.H. sees Leo on Seilergraben and recognizes him. Why do you think it takes him so long to approach Leo? What does H.H. do before making himself known to Leo? How does Leo behave? Explain why you think Leo acts the way he does.
Essay Topic 2
At the beginning of Part I, the narrator says he has not seen any existence of the League for a long time, nor any of its members. What reason does he give for this later in Part I? What does he say happens to those who leave the League? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
In Part III, H.H. visits his friend Lukas who has written a book about the World War. What does H.H. wish to gain from the meeting? What is Lukas' original reaction to H.H.'s request? How does Lukas opinion change later in Part III?
This section contains 1,234 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)