|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lukas and H.H. find in a thick book?
2. What does H.H. say happens to several of the journey leaders?
3. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
4. Who does H.H. write a long letter to when he returns home after his encounter with the man he follows?
5. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
2. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
3. What is H.H. thinking and feeling as Part III opens?
4. What do Lukas and his circle of friends say in Part III about H.H.'s expedition?
5. What sentiments does H.H. express about psychologist in Part III?
6. What does H.H. do after returning home at the end of Part IV?
7. In Part IV what does the person say when H.H. pleads for recognition?
8. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
9. In Part IV, what relationship does the person H.H. has been talking to have with Necker?
10. What does H.H. do as the person who exits the building passes by him in Part IV?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As Part V opens, Leo is sent from the League to bring H.H. to the High Throne. What is validated for H.H. by Leo's appearance and why does this matter to H.H.? What is Leo doing as they journey to the High Throne and why do you think he is behaving as he is? Describe the varying emotions experienced by H.H. as he follows Leo to their destination.
Essay Topic 2
The members of H.H.'s group suffer a terrible loss on their journey east. What is this loss? How does it effect the group? Why do you think the group reacts as they do?
Essay Topic 3
As the story ends, H.H. is interrupted in his task at the archives and told the League is going to place a judgment on him. What is revealed to him about the President? What is the judgment on H.H., and how does it help explain episodes that occurred in Parts III and IV concerning Leo and the League? Do you think H.H.'s trial and judgment are an allegory of life? Explain your answer.
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)