|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lukas and his friends wonder about H.H. and his group?
2. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
3. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
4. What does H.H. feel he has lost at the end of his walk with the man?
5. What concern does the person H.H. follows express about him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
2. What does H.H.'s friend Lukas do for a living?
3. How does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the building he watches in Part IV?
4. What sentiments does H.H. express about psychologist in Part III?
5. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
6. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
7. In Part IV, what relationship does the person H.H. has been talking to have with Necker?
8. What is H.H.'s reaction to the possibility of finding Leo in Part III?
9. Why is Lukas able to succeed with his story while H.H. fails in Part III?
10. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The members of H.H.'s group suffer a terrible loss on their journey east. What is this loss? How does it effect the group? Why do you think the group reacts as they do?
Essay Topic 2
The narrator speaks to Leo about the artist encountered in Part I and asks why they seem so alive. How does Leo react to the question? What does Leo give as his answer? What opinion does the narrator form about Leo after this encounter? Analyze H.H.'s reaction and include why you believe he did not recognize Leo's wisdom before this encounter.
Essay Topic 3
H.H. says everything is at stake for him and his whole future life will be decided by the High Throne. What effect does he believe the High Throne's decision could have on his past? Why does he give so much importance to the High Throne's opinion? Do you think it will impact his goal to write his memoirs? Explain.
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)