|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lukas and H.H. find in a thick book?
2. How does H.H.'s recollection of the his earlier journey affect him?
3. What does H.H. say happens to several of the journey leaders?
4. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
5. What does H.H realize about the whistling he hears?
Essay Topic 1
After his encounter with Leo, H.H. says he felt foolish and lost, and that he wished to die.How does H.H. describe death? Has the meaning of death changed for him? Compare what he says about death. What helps him overcome his desire to die?
Essay Topic 2
H.H. says everything is at stake for him and his whole future life will be decided by the High Throne. What effect does he believe the High Throne's decision could have on his past? Why does he give so much importance to the High Throne's opinion? Do you think it will impact his goal to write his memoirs? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
The narrator says in Part I that generations try to suppress what previous generations have done. What does he say generations will recall about horrible things they endured? What does he seem to be referring to? Is there a particular character he might be speaking of? If so, who and why?
This section contains 1,255 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)