|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say is Lukas' point of view about the journey?
2. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
3. What does H.H. ask of the man he follows?
4. What happens after H.H. makes his vow when Part III begins?
5. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
2. In Part IV, what relationship does the person H.H. has been talking to have with Necker?
3. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
4. What happens when the whistling stops at the beginning of Part IV?
5. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
6. What happens when H.H. approaches the person he has followed to a park in Part IV?
7. What does H.H. do after returning home at the end of Part IV?
8. How does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the building he watches in Part IV?
9. Explain what H.H. says happens to the journey in Part III.
10. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part I, the narrator suggests the reader cannot really comprehend his story. What reasons does he give? Who does he agree with and what is said that he finds to be true? Who are the only ones he thinks can believe or understand his tale? Do you agree with H.H.'s beliefs and concerns about the reader's ability to understand? Explain your answer and include if you have ever had difficulty understanding a book due to lack of experience contained in the topic.
Essay Topic 2
As Part V opens, Leo is sent from the League to bring H.H. to the High Throne. What is validated for H.H. by Leo's appearance and why does this matter to H.H.? What is Leo doing as they journey to the High Throne and why do you think he is behaving as he is? Describe the varying emotions experienced by H.H. as he follows Leo to their destination.
Essay Topic 3
The narrator speaks to Leo about the artist encountered in Part I and asks why they seem so alive. How does Leo react to the question? What does Leo give as his answer? What opinion does the narrator form about Leo after this encounter? Analyze H.H.'s reaction and include why you believe he did not recognize Leo's wisdom before this encounter.
This section contains 1,021 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)