Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H.H. describe the whistling he hears as Part IV opens?
2. What does H.H. ask of the man he follows?
3. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
4. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
5. What does Lukas compare H.H.'s experiences on the journey to?
H.H. compares himself to historians trying to record events. How does he describe the episode he wishes to record? How does he choose to record his events? What difficulties does he encounter when he tries to recall his story?
In Part II many objects are listed as "irreplaceable" by H.H., such as passports and letters of credit. One stands out as the most important item. What is it and what significance does it seem to have? Where are some of the places the group believe this items is? What do you think the item represents to the men on the journey?
H.H. says that he sees his egoism more clearly each day as he plans to write. What does he mean by his "egoism"? What does he say concerning how he began his journey and what the journey has become to him? Compare and contrast H.H.'s conflicting feelings.
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)