|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
2. At the beginning of Part IV, how many times has H.H. been to Seilergraben?
3. How does the Man H.H. follows describe rain?
4. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
5. In Part III, how does H.H. say he first approaches his goal?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
2. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
3. What does H.H. do after returning home at the end of Part IV?
4. How does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the building he watches in Part IV?
5. What sentiments does H.H. express about psychologist in Part III?
6. What happens when H.H. approaches the person he has followed to a park in Part IV?
7. In Part IV, how does H.H. feel as he and the person he has been speaking with part ways?
8. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
9. What experiences do Lukas and H.H. share in Part III?
10. In Part IV, what relationship does the person H.H. has been talking to have with Necker?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
In Part II many objects are listed as "irreplaceable" by H.H., such as passports and letters of credit. One stands out as the most important item. What is it and what significance does it seem to have? Where are some of the places the group believe this items is? What do you think the item represents to the men on the journey?
Essay Topic 2
The group arrives at Morbio Inferiore. What is Morbio Inferiore and where is it located? How does H.H. describe it? Does its physical features reflect what is going on in the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Early in Part III, Leo wants to end his meeting with H.H. after a brief conversation, but H.H. persists in following him. What does H.H. want from Leo? What is Leo's response? How does Leo try to calm H.H.? Explain why you think Leo is not able to recognize H.H. Include in your explanation an analysis of what is said in Part I about what happens to deserters of the League.
This section contains 993 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)