|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say Lukas is known for?
2. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
3. Why does H.H. visit Lukas?
4. Who or what does H.H. say he will not give in to as Part III opens?
5. How does H.H. react to the whistling he hears in Part IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does H.H. do as the person who exits the building passes by him in Part IV?
2. What is H.H. thinking and feeling as Part III opens?
3. Why is Lukas able to succeed with his story while H.H. fails in Part III?
4. What is H.H.'s reaction to the possibility of finding Leo in Part III?
5. How does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the building he watches in Part IV?
6. What does H.H.'s friend Lukas do for a living?
7. In Part IV, what relationship does the person H.H. has been talking to have with Necker?
8. In Part IV what does the person say when H.H. pleads for recognition?
9. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
10. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
H.H. sits down and writes a long letter after he gets home from his conversation with Leo. Who does he write the letter to? What does he say in the letter? How does he feel immediately after he has written this letter?
Essay Topic 2
In Part I, the narrator suggests the reader cannot really comprehend his story. What reasons does he give? Who does he agree with and what is said that he finds to be true? Who are the only ones he thinks can believe or understand his tale? Do you agree with H.H.'s beliefs and concerns about the reader's ability to understand? Explain your answer and include if you have ever had difficulty understanding a book due to lack of experience contained in the topic.
Essay Topic 3
As Part V opens, Leo is sent from the League to bring H.H. to the High Throne. What is validated for H.H. by Leo's appearance and why does this matter to H.H.? What is Leo doing as they journey to the High Throne and why do you think he is behaving as he is? Describe the varying emotions experienced by H.H. as he follows Leo to their destination.
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)