|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H.H. describe the whistling he hears as Part IV opens?
2. What does H.H. ask of the man he follows?
3. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
4. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
5. What does Lukas compare H.H.'s experiences on the journey to?
Essay Topic 1
H.H. sits down and writes a long letter after he gets home from his conversation with Leo. Who does he write the letter to? What does he say in the letter? How does he feel immediately after he has written this letter?
Essay Topic 2
The group arrives at Morbio Inferiore. What is Morbio Inferiore and where is it located? How does H.H. describe it? Does its physical features reflect what is going on in the story? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
After his encounter with Leo, H.H. says he felt foolish and lost, and that he wished to die.How does H.H. describe death? Has the meaning of death changed for him? Compare what he says about death. What helps him overcome his desire to die?
This section contains 1,206 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)