|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part III, what does H.H. say is similar to when he first started on his expedition?
(a) His determination to meet his goal.
(b) His desire to remain a member of the League.
(c) His need to find his home.
(d) His happiness to do something.
2. What does H.H. feel he has lost at the end of his walk with the man?
(a) His mind.
(b) The game.
(c) His mentor.
(d) The cause.
3. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
(a) He decides to help solve it.
(b) He begins to understand it.
(c) He treats it casually.
(d) He takes it seriously.
4. What does the man H.H. follows say about the League?
(a) He believes it is a myth.
(b) The man does not know about it.
(c) The man belongs to it.
(d) He believes it no longer exists.
5. What does H.H. say he used to be?
(a) A musician.
(b) A League member.
(c) A writer.
(d) An historian.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the many new movements of the post-war years?
2. What does H.H. say the man he follows dedicates himself to?
3. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
4. What does H.H. say happens to several of the journey leaders?
5. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is H.H. thinking and feeling as Part III opens?
2. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
3. What happens when the whistling stops at the beginning of Part IV?
4. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
5. What do Lukas and his circle of friends say in Part III about H.H.'s expedition?
6. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
7. Explain what H.H. says happens to the journey in Part III.
8. What is H.H.'s reaction to the possibility of finding Leo in Part III?
9. How does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the building he watches in Part IV?
10. What does H.H. do as the person who exits the building passes by him in Part IV?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)