|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does H.H. write a long letter to when he returns home after his encounter with the man he follows?
(c) The League.
(d) His lawyer.
2. In Part III, how does H.H. say he first approaches his goal?
3. Who joins H.H. as he listens to the whistling?
(b) An old man.
(c) His walking companion.
(d) No one.
4. What does H.H. say separates him from this man he follows?
(a) The League.
5. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
(a) They do not believe H.H. took the journey.
(b) It is like the Children's Crusade.
(c) They say it is a fool's journey.
(d) They say they admire his journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say the man he follows dedicates himself to?
2. What does H.H. say broke down in him as the man moves away?
3. What does H.H. tell Lukas about the League?
4. At the beginning of Part III, how does H.H. remember feeling about his group's undertaking?
5. What does the man H.H. follows say about knowing people?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part IV what does the person say when H.H. pleads for recognition?
2. What is H.H. thinking and feeling as Part III opens?
3. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
4. What does H.H. do after returning home at the end of Part IV?
5. Why is Lukas able to succeed with his story while H.H. fails in Part III?
6. In Part IV, what relationship does the person H.H. has been talking to have with Necker?
7. What is H.H.'s reaction to the possibility of finding Leo in Part III?
8. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
9. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
10. As Part IV opens, how does H.H. respond to whistling he hears from a house where Leo might live?
This section contains 937 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)