|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part III, what does H.H. say is similar to when he first started on his expedition?
(a) His determination to meet his goal.
(b) His need to find his home.
(c) His happiness to do something.
(d) His desire to remain a member of the League.
2. Who joins H.H. as he listens to the whistling?
(a) No one.
(b) An old man.
(c) His walking companion.
3. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
(a) All evasion.
(b) His mentor.
(c) HIs memories.
(d) The League.
4. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
(a) Exercise his will.
(b) Never break his vow.
(c) Reach his ultimate goal.
(d) Work until he dies.
5. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
(a) Sickly with sunken cheeks.
(b) Od and weary.
(c) Moving easily and quietly.
(d) A joyful young spirit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. describe as hallucinations?
2. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
3. What does H.H. say the man he follows dedicates himself to?
4. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
5. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
2. What does H.H. do as the person who exits the building passes by him in Part IV?
3. What does H.H. do after returning home at the end of Part IV?
4. Why is Lukas able to succeed with his story while H.H. fails in Part III?
5. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
6. In Part IV what does the person say when H.H. pleads for recognition?
7. What does H.H.'s friend Lukas do for a living?
8. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
9. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
10. What is H.H.'s reaction to the possibility of finding Leo in Part III?
This section contains 992 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)