|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H.H.'s recollection of the his earlier journey affect him?
(a) He says things remain hopeless.
(b) He suddenly remembers where he is.
(c) He weeps uncontrollably.
(d) He says everything becomes clear.
2. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
(a) Write his war book.
(b) Lose his fear.
(c) Understand H.H.'s situation.
(d) Journey to the east.
3. What or who does the man summon with his whistle?
(a) A large dog.
(b) The League leader.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A policeman.
4. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
(a) A fixed idea.
(b) A starting point.
(c) A good ending.
(d) The truth.
5. What concern does the person H.H. follows express about him?
(a) H.H. is selfish.
(b) H.H. looks lost.
(c) H.H. is hungry.
(d) H.H. is foolish.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
2. How does the Man H.H. follows describe rain?
3. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
4. What does H.H. say the man he follows dedicates himself to?
5. Who does H.H. write a long letter to when he returns home after his encounter with the man he follows?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is H.H.'s reaction to the possibility of finding Leo in Part III?
2. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
3. What experiences do Lukas and H.H. share in Part III?
4. In Part IV, what relationship does the person H.H. has been talking to have with Necker?
5. How does H.H. say he intends to "exercise his will" in Part III?
6. What does H.H. do after returning home at the end of Part IV?
7. What does H.H. do as the person who exits the building passes by him in Part IV?
8. What does H.H. say of the friendship he is seeking with the person he has been speaking to in Part IV?
9. In Part IV, how does H.H. feel as he and the person he has been speaking with part ways?
10. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
This section contains 1,010 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)