|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
(a) Have tea with Leo.
(b) Share a meal with Lukas.
(c) Enjoy something to eat.
(d) Have a drink with the League Leader.
2. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
(a) The fear of death.
(b) The understanding of dreams.
(c) Life's simplest joys.
(d) A real picture of the war.
3. What do the man who live on the third floor do sometimes?
(a) Pace across the floor all night.
(b) Train and trim dogs.
(c) Inerpret Ancient Greek into German.
(d) Teach German.
4. How does the man H.H. follows feel about dogs, birds, and cats?
(a) He thinks they are bad omens.
(b) He believes they contain old souls.
(c) He understands them.
(d) He loves them.
5. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
(a) HIs memories.
(b) His mentor.
(c) The League.
(d) All evasion.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
2. What does the man H.H. follows say about knowing people?
3. What does H.H. say broke down in him as the man moves away?
4. What does the person think about H.H.?
5. Where does H.H. follow the person to in Part IV?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lukas and his circle of friends say in Part III about H.H.'s expedition?
2. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
3. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
4. What happens when the whistling stops at the beginning of Part IV?
5. In Part IV, how does H.H. feel as he and the person he has been speaking with part ways?
6. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
7. Explain what H.H. says happens to the journey in Part III.
8. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
9. What does H.H. do as the person who exits the building passes by him in Part IV?
10. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
This section contains 961 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)