|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
2. What is H.H.'s relationship to Lukas?
(b) School friends.
(c) Fellow travelers.
(d) League members.
3. What does H.H. say he used to be?
(a) A League member.
(b) A writer.
(c) An historian.
(d) A musician.
4. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
(a) His conversations about the League.
(b) Leo's Christian nature.
(c) His nightmares.
(d) His episode with Leo.
5. Why does H.H. visit Lukas?
(a) To understand him.
(b) To apologize to him.
(c) To learn from him.
(d) To instruct him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does H.H. react to the whistling he hears in Part IV?
2. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
3. What does the person think about H.H.?
4. What or who does the man summon with his whistle?
5. How does H.H.'s recollection of the his earlier journey affect him?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
2. In Part IV, how does H.H. feel as he and the person he has been speaking with part ways?
3. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
4. In Part IV what does the person say when H.H. pleads for recognition?
5. What is H.H. thinking and feeling as Part III opens?
6. What does H.H.'s friend Lukas do for a living?
7. What experiences do Lukas and H.H. share in Part III?
8. What happens when H.H. approaches the person he has followed to a park in Part IV?
9. What does H.H. say of the friendship he is seeking with the person he has been speaking to in Part IV?
10. How does H.H. say he intends to "exercise his will" in Part III?
This section contains 935 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)