|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
2. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
(a) Have tea with Leo.
(b) Have a drink with the League Leader.
(c) Enjoy something to eat.
(d) Share a meal with Lukas.
3. What happens to the many new movements of the post-war years?
(a) They disappear.
(b) They change history.
(c) They make history.
(d) They strengthen.
4. What does H.H. tell Lukas about the League?
(a) It understands enlightenment.
(b) It started during the World War.
(c) It is a strict society.
(d) It is not a post-war movement.
5. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
(a) Life's simplest joys.
(b) The fear of death.
(c) A real picture of the war.
(d) The understanding of dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
2. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
3. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
4. What concern does the person H.H. follows express about him?
5. Who does H.H. write a long letter to when he returns home after his encounter with the man he follows?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
2. In Part IV, what relationship does the person H.H. has been talking to have with Necker?
3. How does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the building he watches in Part IV?
4. What does H.H.'s friend Lukas do for a living?
5. What does H.H. do after returning home at the end of Part IV?
6. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
7. What sentiments does H.H. express about psychologist in Part III?
8. What does H.H. say of the friendship he is seeking with the person he has been speaking to in Part IV?
9. As Part IV opens, how does H.H. respond to whistling he hears from a house where Leo might live?
10. Explain what H.H. says happens to the journey in Part III.
This section contains 915 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)