|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
(a) He introduces himself.
(b) To sit next to him.
(c) Not to be afraid.
(d) It will rain soon.
2. Who does H.H. write a long letter to when he returns home after his encounter with the man he follows?
(a) His lawyer.
(d) The League.
3. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
(a) He goes home.
(b) He visits Lukas.
(c) He stands and watches.
(d) Runs after him.
4. Who joins H.H. as he listens to the whistling?
(a) An old man.
(c) No one.
(d) His walking companion.
5. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
(a) Have a drink with the League Leader.
(b) Share a meal with Lukas.
(c) Have tea with Leo.
(d) Enjoy something to eat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
2. What does H.H. say is Lukas' point of view about the journey?
3. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
4. What does H.H. say separates him from this man he follows?
5. What or who does the person say a violin reminds him of?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
2. What happens when H.H. approaches the person he has followed to a park in Part IV?
3. In Part IV, how does H.H. feel as he and the person he has been speaking with part ways?
4. What does H.H. do as the person who exits the building passes by him in Part IV?
5. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
6. In Part IV, what relationship does the person H.H. has been talking to have with Necker?
7. What does H.H. do after returning home at the end of Part IV?
8. What is H.H. thinking and feeling as Part III opens?
9. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
10. How does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the building he watches in Part IV?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)