|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say happens to several of the journey leaders?
(a) They arre killed in battles.
(b) They disappear mysteriously.
(c) They become members of the League Court.
(d) They leave the movement.
2. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
(a) All evasion.
(b) The League.
(c) HIs memories.
(d) His mentor.
3. What concern does the person H.H. follows express about him?
(a) H.H. looks lost.
(b) H.H. is selfish.
(c) H.H. is hungry.
(d) H.H. is foolish.
4. What is the purpose of the letter H.H. writes at the end of Part IV.
(a) It is a request for help.
(b) It is his last will and testament.
(c) He exposes the secrets of the League.
(d) He writes it to unburden himself.
5. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
(a) Journey to the east.
(b) Write his war book.
(c) Lose his fear.
(d) Understand H.H.'s situation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say separates him from this man he follows?
2. What does the man H.H. follows say about knowing people?
3. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
4. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
5. What does H.H. say is Lukas' point of view about the journey?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Lukas and his circle of friends say in Part III about H.H.'s expedition?
2. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
3. What does H.H. do after returning home at the end of Part IV?
4. How does H.H. say he intends to "exercise his will" in Part III?
5. Why is Lukas able to succeed with his story while H.H. fails in Part III?
6. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
7. What happens when the whistling stops at the beginning of Part IV?
8. What happens when H.H. approaches the person he has followed to a park in Part IV?
9. In Part IV, what relationship does the person H.H. has been talking to have with Necker?
10. In Part IV, how does H.H. feel as he and the person he has been speaking with part ways?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)