|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
(a) Runs after him.
(b) He stands and watches.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He visits Lukas.
2. What does H.H. say separates him from this man he follows?
(b) The League.
3. In Part III, how does H.H. say he first approaches his goal?
4. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To kill.
(b) To understand.
(c) To forget.
(d) To love.
5. At the beginning of Part IV, how many times has H.H. been to Seilergraben?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) Every day for months.
(c) Twenty times or more.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does H.H. say he will not give in to as Part III opens?
2. What is H.H.'s relationship to Lukas?
3. Who or what does H.H. see near the person he follows in Part IV?
4. What does H.H realize about the whistling he hears?
5. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is H.H. thinking and feeling as Part III opens?
2. In Part IV what does the person say when H.H. pleads for recognition?
3. What is H.H.'s reaction to the possibility of finding Leo in Part III?
4. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
5. What sentiments does H.H. express about psychologist in Part III?
6. As Part IV opens, how does H.H. respond to whistling he hears from a house where Leo might live?
7. What does H.H. do after returning home at the end of Part IV?
8. What happens when the whistling stops at the beginning of Part IV?
9. How does H.H. say he intends to "exercise his will" in Part III?
10. Explain what H.H. says happens to the journey in Part III.
This section contains 904 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)