|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
(a) It is like the Children's Crusade.
(b) They do not believe H.H. took the journey.
(c) They say they admire his journey.
(d) They say it is a fool's journey.
2. In Part III, how does H.H. say he first approaches his goal?
3. What overcomes H.H. as he and the man he follows continue to converse?
4. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
5. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
(a) Piece by piece.
(b) With success.
(c) As a whole.
(d) With hope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say he used to be?
2. What does H.H. say separates him from this man he follows?
3. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
4. What does the person think about H.H.?
5. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does H.H. say he intends to "exercise his will" in Part III?
2. Explain what H.H. says happens to the journey in Part III.
3. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
4. Why is Lukas able to succeed with his story while H.H. fails in Part III?
5. What is H.H. thinking and feeling as Part III opens?
6. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
7. In Part IV what does the person say when H.H. pleads for recognition?
8. What happens when the whistling stops at the beginning of Part IV?
9. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
10. What does H.H. do as the person who exits the building passes by him in Part IV?
This section contains 901 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)