|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
2. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
(a) They say it is a fool's journey.
(b) It is like the Children's Crusade.
(c) They do not believe H.H. took the journey.
(d) They say they admire his journey.
3. What or who does the man summon with his whistle?
(a) A large dog.
(b) A policeman.
(c) The League leader.
(d) A taxi.
4. What does H.H. say he used to be?
(a) A musician.
(b) An historian.
(c) A writer.
(d) A League member.
5. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
(a) With hope.
(b) With success.
(c) Piece by piece.
(d) As a whole.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
2. How does the man H.H. follows feel about dogs, birds, and cats?
3. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
4. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
5. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is H.H.'s reaction to the possibility of finding Leo in Part III?
2. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
3. As Part IV opens, how does H.H. respond to whistling he hears from a house where Leo might live?
4. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
5. What happens when the whistling stops at the beginning of Part IV?
6. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
7. What does H.H. do as the person who exits the building passes by him in Part IV?
8. In Part IV, how does H.H. feel as he and the person he has been speaking with part ways?
9. What do Lukas and his circle of friends say in Part III about H.H.'s expedition?
10. In Part IV what does the person say when H.H. pleads for recognition?
This section contains 963 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)