|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does H.H. write a long letter to when he returns home after his encounter with the man he follows?
(c) His lawyer.
(d) The League.
2. Who joins H.H. as he listens to the whistling?
(a) An old man.
(b) No one.
(c) His walking companion.
3. At the beginning of Part III, how does H.H. remember feeling about his group's undertaking?
(a) It is a blessing to be a part of.
(b) It is a pleasant journey.
(c) It is a hopelss task.
(d) It is impossible.
4. Who or what does H.H. see near the person he follows in Part IV?
(a) The missing document.
(b) A League member.
(c) A young couple.
(d) Two white dogs.
5. What do the man who live on the third floor do sometimes?
(a) Inerpret Ancient Greek into German.
(b) Train and trim dogs.
(c) Pace across the floor all night.
(d) Teach German.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does H.H. say he will not give in to as Part III opens?
2. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
3. What does H.H. feel he has lost at the end of his walk with the man?
4. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
5. What does the man H.H. follows say about knowing people?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is H.H. thinking and feeling as Part III opens?
2. What does H.H.'s friend Lukas do for a living?
3. What sentiments does H.H. express about psychologist in Part III?
4. In Part IV, what relationship does the person H.H. has been talking to have with Necker?
5. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
6. What experiences do Lukas and H.H. share in Part III?
7. How does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the building he watches in Part IV?
8. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
9. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
10. What happens when the whistling stops at the beginning of Part IV?
This section contains 872 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)