|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What overcomes H.H. as he and the man he follows continue to converse?
2. How does the Man H.H. follows describe rain?
(a) As refreshing.
(b) As wonderful.
(c) As cleansing.
(d) Much needed.
3. What does the person think about H.H.?
(a) He is kind.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is strange.
(d) He is rude.
4. What does H.H. say he used to be?
(a) An historian.
(b) A musician.
(c) A League member.
(d) A writer.
5. At the beginning of Part III, how does H.H. remember feeling about his group's undertaking?
(a) It is a hopelss task.
(b) It is a blessing to be a part of.
(c) It is a pleasant journey.
(d) It is impossible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What concern does the person H.H. follows express about him?
2. What is the purpose of the letter H.H. writes at the end of Part IV.
3. What has Lukas been a part of?
4. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
5. What or who does the person say a violin reminds him of?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part IV, what does the person in the park say to H.H. about people who give up their abilities and ambitions?
2. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
3. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
4. What happens when the whistling stops at the beginning of Part IV?
5. What does H.H. say of the friendship he is seeking with the person he has been speaking to in Part IV?
6. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
7. What do Lukas and his circle of friends say in Part III about H.H.'s expedition?
8. Why is Lukas able to succeed with his story while H.H. fails in Part III?
9. What sentiments does H.H. express about psychologist in Part III?
10. Explain what H.H. says happens to the journey in Part III.
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)