|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
(a) It is a test.
(b) It is a passage.
(c) It is a game.
(d) It is a dream.
2. What does H.H. describe as hallucinations?
(a) His ambitions.
(b) His reality.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His memories.
3. What does the man H.H. follows say about the League?
(a) The man belongs to it.
(b) He believes it is a myth.
(c) He believes it no longer exists.
(d) The man does not know about it.
4. What has Lukas been a part of?
(a) The League's leadership.
(b) The World War.
(c) A journey east.
(d) The League's court.
5. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
(a) He treats it casually.
(b) He decides to help solve it.
(c) He begins to understand it.
(d) He takes it seriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
2. What or who does the man summon with his whistle?
3. What does H.H. feel he has lost at the end of his walk with the man?
4. How does H.H.'s recollection of the his earlier journey affect him?
5. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when H.H. approaches the person he has followed to a park in Part IV?
2. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
3. How does H.H. say he intends to "exercise his will" in Part III?
4. How does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the building he watches in Part IV?
5. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
6. What happens when the whistling stops at the beginning of Part IV?
7. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
8. What does H.H. do as the person who exits the building passes by him in Part IV?
9. What do Lukas and his circle of friends say in Part III about H.H.'s expedition?
10. How do people not on the journey get news of the League journey?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)