|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say happens to several of the journey leaders?
(a) They leave the movement.
(b) They disappear mysteriously.
(c) They arre killed in battles.
(d) They become members of the League Court.
2. What is H.H.'s relationship to Lukas?
(a) League members.
(b) Fellow travelers.
(d) School friends.
3. What happens after H.H. makes his vow when Part III begins?
(a) He finds the way to enlightenment.
(b) Princess Fatima appears to him.
(c) He is allowed to continue his journey.
(d) He has a happy memory.
4. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
(a) With hope.
(b) Piece by piece.
(c) As a whole.
(d) With success.
5. Where does H.H. follow the person to in Part IV?
(a) Back to Lukas' home.
(b) A bench in a park.
(c) The League headquarters.
(d) The Legue Court.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the many new movements of the post-war years?
2. What or who does the man summon with his whistle?
3. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
4. How many conversations does H.H. say he and Lukas have?
5. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Part IV, what relationship does the person H.H. has been talking to have with Necker?
2. What does H.H.'s friend Lukas do for a living?
3. As Part IV opens, how does H.H. respond to whistling he hears from a house where Leo might live?
4. Why is Lukas able to succeed with his story while H.H. fails in Part III?
5. How does Lukas help H.H. in his search for Leo in part III?
6. What does H.H. do after returning home at the end of Part IV?
7. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
8. What does H.H. do as the person who exits the building passes by him in Part IV?
9. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
10. In Part IV, how does H.H. feel as he and the person he has been speaking with part ways?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)