|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To understand.
(b) To forget.
(c) To kill.
(d) To love.
2. What does Lukas suddenly do after describing his experiences?
(a) Laughs deleriously.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Cries inconsolably.
(d) Make H.H. leave.
3. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
(a) An old man.
4. What happens after H.H. makes his vow when Part III begins?
(a) Princess Fatima appears to him.
(b) He finds the way to enlightenment.
(c) He has a happy memory.
(d) He is allowed to continue his journey.
5. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
(a) Leo's Christian nature.
(b) His nightmares.
(c) His episode with Leo.
(d) His conversations about the League.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say he used to be?
2. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
3. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
4. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
5. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is H.H. thinking and feeling as Part III opens?
2. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
3. In Part IV, what relationship does the person H.H. has been talking to have with Necker?
4. In Part IV what does the person say when H.H. pleads for recognition?
5. How does H.H. say he intends to "exercise his will" in Part III?
6. What is H.H.'s reaction to the possibility of finding Leo in Part III?
7. What does H.H.'s friend Lukas do for a living?
8. Explain what H.H. says happens to the journey in Part III.
9. How does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the building he watches in Part IV?
10. As Part IV opens, how does H.H. respond to whistling he hears from a house where Leo might live?
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)