|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say he used to be?
(a) A musician.
(b) An historian.
(c) A League member.
(d) A writer.
2. What overcomes H.H. as he and the man he follows continue to converse?
3. What does H.H. say is Lukas' point of view about the journey?
(a) He wishes to go with H.H.
(b) He is a skeptic.
(c) He is a believer.
(d) He is opposed to it.
4. What is the purpose of the letter H.H. writes at the end of Part IV.
(a) It is a request for help.
(b) He exposes the secrets of the League.
(c) It is his last will and testament.
(d) He writes it to unburden himself.
5. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
(a) Work until he dies.
(b) Never break his vow.
(c) Reach his ultimate goal.
(d) Exercise his will.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. tell Lukas about the League?
2. Who or what does H.H. see near the person he follows in Part IV?
3. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
4. What does H.H. say separates him from this man he follows?
5. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the building he watches in Part IV?
2. How does H.H. say he intends to "exercise his will" in Part III?
3. Why is Lukas able to succeed with his story while H.H. fails in Part III?
4. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
5. What does H.H. do as the person who exits the building passes by him in Part IV?
6. What is H.H. thinking and feeling as Part III opens?
7. What does H.H. say of the friendship he is seeking with the person he has been speaking to in Part IV?
8. What is H.H.'s reaction to the possibility of finding Leo in Part III?
9. In Part IV, how does H.H. feel as he and the person he has been speaking with part ways?
10. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)