|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
(a) All evasion.
(b) His mentor.
(c) The League.
(d) HIs memories.
2. What does the person think about H.H.?
(a) He is strange.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He is kind.
3. What has Lukas been a part of?
(a) The League's leadership.
(b) The League's court.
(c) The World War.
(d) A journey east.
4. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
(a) An old man.
5. What does H.H. say he used to be?
(a) A League member.
(b) A musician.
(c) An historian.
(d) A writer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lukas suddenly do after describing his experiences?
2. How does H.H. react to the whistling he hears in Part IV?
3. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
4. What does H.H. say separates him from this man he follows?
5. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does H.H. say of the friendship he is seeking with the person he has been speaking to in Part IV?
2. What does H.H. do as the person who exits the building passes by him in Part IV?
3. What does H.H. do after returning home at the end of Part IV?
4. What is H.H.'s reaction to the possibility of finding Leo in Part III?
5. Explain what H.H. says happens to the journey in Part III.
6. What affect does H.H.'s "happy memory" in Part III have on him?
7. How does H.H. say he intends to "exercise his will" in Part III?
8. Why is Lukas able to succeed with his story while H.H. fails in Part III?
9. What is the person's impression of H.H. as they converse in the park in part IV?
10. What does H.H.'s friend Lukas do for a living?
This section contains 903 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)