|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. ask of the man he follows?
(a) To guide him.
(b) For pity.
(c) To be forgiven.
(d) To be blessed.
2. What does H.H. describe as hallucinations?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His memories.
(c) His ambitions.
(d) His reality.
3. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
(a) He feels at peace.
(b) A feeling of sadness.
(c) A feeling of determination.
(d) He feels confused.
4. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
(a) An old man.
5. What happens after H.H. makes his vow when Part III begins?
(a) He finds the way to enlightenment.
(b) He has a happy memory.
(c) Princess Fatima appears to him.
(d) He is allowed to continue his journey.
6. How does H.H.'s recollection of the his earlier journey affect him?
(a) He says everything becomes clear.
(b) He weeps uncontrollably.
(c) He says things remain hopeless.
(d) He suddenly remembers where he is.
7. Who or what does H.H. say he will not give in to as Part III opens?
8. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
(a) It will rain soon.
(b) Not to be afraid.
(c) He introduces himself.
(d) To sit next to him.
9. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
(a) The League.
(b) All evasion.
(c) His mentor.
(d) HIs memories.
10. What does Lukas and H.H. find in a thick book?
(a) The lost letter to the Caliph.
(b) An address for a man named Leo.
(c) A secret document about the League.
(d) The League's directory.
11. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
(a) Egotistical maniacs.
(b) People who traffic in dreams.
(c) Practioners of the unconscious.
(d) People who always win arguments.
12. Who does H.H. write a long letter to when he returns home after his encounter with the man he follows?
(b) The League.
(c) His lawyer.
13. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
(a) Exercise his will.
(b) Work until he dies.
(c) Never break his vow.
(d) Reach his ultimate goal.
14. What does H.H. say happens to several of the journey leaders?
(a) They become members of the League Court.
(b) They leave the movement.
(c) They disappear mysteriously.
(d) They arre killed in battles.
15. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
(a) Life's simplest joys.
(b) A real picture of the war.
(c) The fear of death.
(d) The understanding of dreams.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part III, how does H.H. say he first approaches his goal?
2. At the beginning of Part III, how does H.H. remember feeling about his group's undertaking?
3. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
4. What does H.H realize about the whistling he hears?
5. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
This section contains 538 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)