|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What or who does the man summon with his whistle?
(a) The League leader.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A large dog.
(d) A taxi.
2. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
(a) All evasion.
(b) HIs memories.
(c) The League.
(d) His mentor.
3. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
4. What does the man H.H. follows say about the League?
(a) The man belongs to it.
(b) The man does not know about it.
(c) He believes it no longer exists.
(d) He believes it is a myth.
5. What overcomes H.H. as he and the man he follows continue to converse?
6. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
(a) It is a passage.
(b) It is a dream.
(c) It is a test.
(d) It is a game.
7. What does H.H. feel he has lost at the end of his walk with the man?
(a) The game.
(b) The cause.
(c) His mentor.
(d) His mind.
8. Who or what does H.H. see near the person he follows in Part IV?
(a) The missing document.
(b) A young couple.
(c) A League member.
(d) Two white dogs.
9. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
(a) He looks away.
(b) He joins him.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He wonders what to do.
10. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
(a) An old man.
11. What do Lukas and his friends wonder about H.H. and his group?
(a) Are they in service to the Catholic Church.
(b) If they wish to serve a Repbulican government.
(c) Did the group complete their journey.
(d) Does St. Christopher protect the group.
12. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
(a) Practioners of the unconscious.
(b) People who traffic in dreams.
(c) Egotistical maniacs.
(d) People who always win arguments.
13. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
14. What concern does the person H.H. follows express about him?
(a) H.H. is hungry.
(b) H.H. looks lost.
(c) H.H. is foolish.
(d) H.H. is selfish.
15. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
(a) They say it is a fool's journey.
(b) It is like the Children's Crusade.
(c) They do not believe H.H. took the journey.
(d) They say they admire his journey.
Short Answer Questions
1. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
2. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
3. What has Lukas been a part of?
4. What does H.H. say is Lukas' point of view about the journey?
5. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)