|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lukas suddenly do after describing his experiences?
(a) Make H.H. leave.
(b) Laughs deleriously.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Cries inconsolably.
2. What is H.H.'s relationship to Lukas?
(a) League members.
(b) Fellow travelers.
(c) School friends.
3. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
(a) Not to be afraid.
(b) It will rain soon.
(c) He introduces himself.
(d) To sit next to him.
4. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
(a) Journey to the east.
(b) Understand H.H.'s situation.
(c) Write his war book.
(d) Lose his fear.
5. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
(a) People who always win arguments.
(b) Egotistical maniacs.
(c) People who traffic in dreams.
(d) Practioners of the unconscious.
6. What does H.H. tell Lukas about the League?
(a) It started during the World War.
(b) It is not a post-war movement.
(c) It is a strict society.
(d) It understands enlightenment.
7. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
(d) An old man.
8. What does H.H. say separates him from this man he follows?
(a) The League.
9. In Part III, how does H.H. say he first approaches his goal?
10. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
(a) Exercise his will.
(b) Work until he dies.
(c) Reach his ultimate goal.
(d) Never break his vow.
11. What or who does the person say a violin reminds him of?
(a) King David.
(b) A lovely song.
(d) An angel's voice.
12. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
(a) Share a meal with Lukas.
(b) Enjoy something to eat.
(c) Have tea with Leo.
(d) Have a drink with the League Leader.
13. What does H.H. describe as hallucinations?
(a) His reality.
(b) His memories.
(c) His dreams.
(d) His ambitions.
14. What does H.H. say he used to be?
(a) A League member.
(b) An historian.
(c) A writer.
(d) A musician.
15. How does H.H.'s recollection of the his earlier journey affect him?
(a) He weeps uncontrollably.
(b) He says things remain hopeless.
(c) He suddenly remembers where he is.
(d) He says everything becomes clear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. feel he has lost at the end of his walk with the man?
2. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
3. How does the man H.H. follows feel about dogs, birds, and cats?
4. As Part III opens, what is H.H. trying to find his way through?
5. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)