|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
(a) Piece by piece.
(b) With success.
(c) With hope.
(d) As a whole.
2. What does H.H. say happens to several of the journey leaders?
(a) They disappear mysteriously.
(b) They leave the movement.
(c) They become members of the League Court.
(d) They arre killed in battles.
3. What does H.H. say he used to be?
(a) A writer.
(b) An historian.
(c) A League member.
(d) A musician.
4. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
(a) Prove Lukas wrong.
(b) Give his life meaning again.
(c) Find the traveler who disappeared on the journey.
(d) Believe in the League again.
5. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
(a) A starting point.
(b) A fixed idea.
(c) A good ending.
(d) The truth.
6. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
(a) He visits Lukas.
(b) He goes home.
(c) Runs after him.
(d) He stands and watches.
7. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
8. What does the man H.H. follows say about the League?
(a) He believes it no longer exists.
(b) The man belongs to it.
(c) He believes it is a myth.
(d) The man does not know about it.
9. How does H.H. react to the whistling he hears in Part IV?
(a) He is cheered.
(b) He is enchanted.
(c) He is disturbed.
(d) He is frightened.
10. Where does H.H. follow the person to in Part IV?
(a) The League headquarters.
(b) A bench in a park.
(c) The Legue Court.
(d) Back to Lukas' home.
11. What has Lukas been a part of?
(a) The League's court.
(b) The League's leadership.
(c) A journey east.
(d) The World War.
12. What does H.H. say is Lukas' point of view about the journey?
(a) He is a believer.
(b) He wishes to go with H.H.
(c) He is a skeptic.
(d) He is opposed to it.
13. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
(a) Share a meal with Lukas.
(b) Have tea with Leo.
(c) Have a drink with the League Leader.
(d) Enjoy something to eat.
14. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
(a) Lose his fear.
(b) Understand H.H.'s situation.
(c) Journey to the east.
(d) Write his war book.
15. What does Lukas suddenly do after describing his experiences?
(a) Cries inconsolably.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Make H.H. leave.
(d) Laughs deleriously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lukas compare H.H.'s experiences on the journey to?
2. What does the man H.H. follows say about knowing people?
3. Who does H.H. write a long letter to when he returns home after his encounter with the man he follows?
4. What does H.H. say Lukas is known for?
5. What overcomes H.H. as he and the man he follows continue to converse?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)