|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
(a) His episode with Leo.
(b) His conversations about the League.
(c) Leo's Christian nature.
(d) His nightmares.
2. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To forget.
(b) To love.
(c) To understand.
(d) To kill.
3. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
(a) Od and weary.
(b) A joyful young spirit.
(c) Sickly with sunken cheeks.
(d) Moving easily and quietly.
4. What or who does the man summon with his whistle?
(a) A large dog.
(b) A policeman.
(c) A taxi.
(d) The League leader.
5. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
(c) An old man.
6. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
(a) Not to be afraid.
(b) It will rain soon.
(c) To sit next to him.
(d) He introduces himself.
7. How longs does H.H. say it has been since he saw the traveler who disappeared on the journey east?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) He thinks four or five years.
(c) Ten years or more.
(d) He cannot remember.
8. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
(a) Have tea with Leo.
(b) Share a meal with Lukas.
(c) Enjoy something to eat.
(d) Have a drink with the League Leader.
9. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
(a) With success.
(b) With hope.
(c) Piece by piece.
(d) As a whole.
10. What does Lukas compare H.H.'s experiences on the journey to?
(a) A bad dream.
(b) The Illiad.
(c) Mary and Josephs' journey to Egypt.
(d) His own war experiences.
11. What does H.H realize about the whistling he hears?
(a) Is fulfills all his wishes.
(b) It is Lukas.
(c) It must be a League member.
(d) It is an exotic bird.
12. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
(a) To dispel Lukas' misgivings.
(b) To write a history book.
(c) To help others join the League.
(d) To write a simple story.
13. What does H.H. say broke down in him as the man moves away?
(a) His understanding of reality.
(b) His self-control.
(c) His hope.
(d) His belief in truth.
14. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
(a) He takes it seriously.
(b) He decides to help solve it.
(c) He begins to understand it.
(d) He treats it casually.
15. Where does H.H. follow the person to in Part IV?
(a) The Legue Court.
(b) A bench in a park.
(c) The League headquarters.
(d) Back to Lukas' home.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
2. What does H.H. tell Lukas about the League?
3. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
4. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
5. What does H.H. describe as hallucinations?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)