|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. feel he has lost at the end of his walk with the man?
(a) The cause.
(b) The game.
(c) His mentor.
(d) His mind.
2. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
(a) They do not believe H.H. took the journey.
(b) They say it is a fool's journey.
(c) It is like the Children's Crusade.
(d) They say they admire his journey.
3. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
(a) Sickly with sunken cheeks.
(b) Moving easily and quietly.
(c) Od and weary.
(d) A joyful young spirit.
4. What does H.H. say happens to several of the journey leaders?
(a) They become members of the League Court.
(b) They arre killed in battles.
(c) They disappear mysteriously.
(d) They leave the movement.
5. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
(a) To write a history book.
(b) To write a simple story.
(c) To help others join the League.
(d) To dispel Lukas' misgivings.
6. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
(a) Prove Lukas wrong.
(b) Believe in the League again.
(c) Find the traveler who disappeared on the journey.
(d) Give his life meaning again.
7. How does the man H.H. follows feel about dogs, birds, and cats?
(a) He thinks they are bad omens.
(b) He loves them.
(c) He understands them.
(d) He believes they contain old souls.
8. What does H.H realize about the whistling he hears?
(a) It is Lukas.
(b) It must be a League member.
(c) It is an exotic bird.
(d) Is fulfills all his wishes.
9. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
10. How does H.H. describe the whistling he hears as Part IV opens?
11. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
(a) An old man.
12. Who joins H.H. as he listens to the whistling?
(a) His walking companion.
(c) No one.
(d) An old man.
13. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
(a) He treats it casually.
(b) He takes it seriously.
(c) He begins to understand it.
(d) He decides to help solve it.
14. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
(a) Life's simplest joys.
(b) The understanding of dreams.
(c) The fear of death.
(d) A real picture of the war.
15. What does H.H. say the man he follows dedicates himself to?
(a) To be loved and needed.
(b) To be in a balanced relationship with his surroundings.
(c) To reach enlightenment.
(d) To understand the true meaning of man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person think about H.H.?
2. How does H.H. react to the whistling he hears in Part IV?
3. What does H.H. say he used to be?
4. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
5. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)