|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
(a) Write his war book.
(b) Understand H.H.'s situation.
(c) Lose his fear.
(d) Journey to the east.
2. What or who does the man summon with his whistle?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A taxi.
(c) The League leader.
(d) A large dog.
3. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
(a) Moving easily and quietly.
(b) Od and weary.
(c) Sickly with sunken cheeks.
(d) A joyful young spirit.
4. In Part III, what does H.H. say is similar to when he first started on his expedition?
(a) His happiness to do something.
(b) His determination to meet his goal.
(c) His need to find his home.
(d) His desire to remain a member of the League.
5. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
6. Who does H.H. say is the whistler?
(a) The old man.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A peacock.
7. How does H.H. describe the whistling he hears as Part IV opens?
8. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
(a) He stands and watches.
(b) He goes home.
(c) Runs after him.
(d) He visits Lukas.
9. What do Lukas and his friends wonder about H.H. and his group?
(a) Are they in service to the Catholic Church.
(b) Does St. Christopher protect the group.
(c) Did the group complete their journey.
(d) If they wish to serve a Repbulican government.
10. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
(a) He wonders what to do.
(b) He looks away.
(c) He joins him.
(d) He is frightened.
11. What does H.H. say he used to be?
(a) A musician.
(b) An historian.
(c) A League member.
(d) A writer.
12. At the beginning of Part III, how does H.H. remember feeling about his group's undertaking?
(a) It is impossible.
(b) It is a hopelss task.
(c) It is a pleasant journey.
(d) It is a blessing to be a part of.
13. What does H.H. describe as hallucinations?
(a) His ambitions.
(b) His reality.
(c) His memories.
(d) His dreams.
14. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
(a) With success.
(b) With hope.
(c) Piece by piece.
(d) As a whole.
15. In Part III, how does H.H. say he first approaches his goal?
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part IV, how many times has H.H. been to Seilergraben?
2. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
3. What does H.H. say broke down in him as the man moves away?
4. Where does H.H. follow the person to in Part IV?
5. What does Lukas suddenly do after describing his experiences?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)