|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many conversations does H.H. say he and Lukas have?
(a) One brief encounter.
(b) They converse daily.
(c) Two long discussions.
(d) He doesn't say.
2. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
(a) As a whole.
(b) With success.
(c) Piece by piece.
(d) With hope.
3. What does Lukas compare H.H.'s experiences on the journey to?
(a) Mary and Josephs' journey to Egypt.
(b) The Illiad.
(c) A bad dream.
(d) His own war experiences.
4. What does H.H. say Lukas is known for?
(a) HIs poetry.
(b) Publishing a book.
(c) Writing a journal.
(d) His wisdom.
5. What does the person think about H.H.?
(a) He is rude.
(b) He is angry.
(c) He is strange.
(d) He is kind.
6. What does H.H. feel he has lost at the end of his walk with the man?
(a) His mentor.
(b) The cause.
(c) His mind.
(d) The game.
7. What or who does the man summon with his whistle?
(a) The League leader.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A large dog.
8. What overcomes H.H. as he and the man he follows continue to converse?
9. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
(a) Life's simplest joys.
(b) A real picture of the war.
(c) The fear of death.
(d) The understanding of dreams.
10. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
(a) An old man.
11. At the beginning of Part III, how does H.H. remember feeling about his group's undertaking?
(a) It is a pleasant journey.
(b) It is a hopelss task.
(c) It is impossible.
(d) It is a blessing to be a part of.
12. What does Lukas suddenly do after describing his experiences?
(a) Laughs deleriously.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Make H.H. leave.
(d) Cries inconsolably.
13. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He wonders what to do.
(c) He joins him.
(d) He looks away.
14. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
(a) Exercise his will.
(b) Reach his ultimate goal.
(c) Never break his vow.
(d) Work until he dies.
15. What do the man who live on the third floor do sometimes?
(a) Teach German.
(b) Train and trim dogs.
(c) Inerpret Ancient Greek into German.
(d) Pace across the floor all night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
2. What does H.H. describe as hallucinations?
3. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
4. What does H.H. say separates him from this man he follows?
5. Where does H.H. follow the person to in Part IV?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)