|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
(a) He treats it casually.
(b) He takes it seriously.
(c) He begins to understand it.
(d) He decides to help solve it.
2. What does the man H.H. follows say about the League?
(a) The man does not know about it.
(b) He believes it no longer exists.
(c) The man belongs to it.
(d) He believes it is a myth.
3. What does H.H. say Lukas is known for?
(a) Writing a journal.
(b) HIs poetry.
(c) His wisdom.
(d) Publishing a book.
4. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
(a) People who always win arguments.
(b) Egotistical maniacs.
(c) Practioners of the unconscious.
(d) People who traffic in dreams.
5. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
(a) He visits Lukas.
(b) Runs after him.
(c) He stands and watches.
(d) He goes home.
6. What does H.H realize about the whistling he hears?
(a) It must be a League member.
(b) It is an exotic bird.
(c) Is fulfills all his wishes.
(d) It is Lukas.
7. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
(a) A good ending.
(b) The truth.
(c) A starting point.
(d) A fixed idea.
8. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
(a) Never break his vow.
(b) Reach his ultimate goal.
(c) Work until he dies.
(d) Exercise his will.
9. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
(a) HIs memories.
(b) His mentor.
(c) The League.
(d) All evasion.
10. What is the purpose of the letter H.H. writes at the end of Part IV.
(a) He writes it to unburden himself.
(b) He exposes the secrets of the League.
(c) It is his last will and testament.
(d) It is a request for help.
11. How does the Man H.H. follows describe rain?
(a) Much needed.
(b) As cleansing.
(c) As refreshing.
(d) As wonderful.
12. Who does H.H. say is the whistler?
(a) A peacock.
(c) The old man.
(d) A young girl.
13. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
(a) A joyful young spirit.
(b) Od and weary.
(c) Sickly with sunken cheeks.
(d) Moving easily and quietly.
14. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
(a) It is a dream.
(b) It is a game.
(c) It is a test.
(d) It is a passage.
15. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
(a) His episode with Leo.
(b) His conversations about the League.
(c) Leo's Christian nature.
(d) His nightmares.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does H.H. follow the person to in Part IV?
2. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
3. Who or what does H.H. see near the person he follows in Part IV?
4. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
5. What happens to the many new movements of the post-war years?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)