|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does H.H. follow the person to in Part IV?
(a) A bench in a park.
(b) The League headquarters.
(c) Back to Lukas' home.
(d) The Legue Court.
2. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
(a) Od and weary.
(b) Sickly with sunken cheeks.
(c) Moving easily and quietly.
(d) A joyful young spirit.
3. What happens to the many new movements of the post-war years?
(a) They change history.
(b) They make history.
(c) They strengthen.
(d) They disappear.
4. What does H.H. tell Lukas about the League?
(a) It started during the World War.
(b) It is a strict society.
(c) It is not a post-war movement.
(d) It understands enlightenment.
5. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
(a) HIs memories.
(b) The League.
(c) All evasion.
(d) His mentor.
6. Who does H.H. say is the whistler?
(a) The old man.
(b) A young girl.
(c) A peacock.
7. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
(a) The truth.
(b) A good ending.
(c) A fixed idea.
(d) A starting point.
8. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
(a) Reach his ultimate goal.
(b) Never break his vow.
(c) Exercise his will.
(d) Work until he dies.
9. As Part III opens, what is H.H. trying to find his way through?
(a) His difficulty.
(b) His anger.
(c) A sandstorm.
10. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
(a) Believe in the League again.
(b) Prove Lukas wrong.
(c) Give his life meaning again.
(d) Find the traveler who disappeared on the journey.
11. What is H.H.'s relationship to Lukas?
(b) Fellow travelers.
(c) League members.
(d) School friends.
12. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
(a) It is like the Children's Crusade.
(b) They say they admire his journey.
(c) They do not believe H.H. took the journey.
(d) They say it is a fool's journey.
13. What does H.H. feel he has lost at the end of his walk with the man?
(a) His mind.
(b) The cause.
(c) The game.
(d) His mentor.
14. What does Lukas and H.H. find in a thick book?
(a) The League's directory.
(b) The lost letter to the Caliph.
(c) An address for a man named Leo.
(d) A secret document about the League.
15. What does H.H. say is Lukas' point of view about the journey?
(a) He is a believer.
(b) He is opposed to it.
(c) He wishes to go with H.H.
(d) He is a skeptic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say the man he follows dedicates himself to?
2. How longs does H.H. say it has been since he saw the traveler who disappeared on the journey east?
3. What is the purpose of the letter H.H. writes at the end of Part IV.
4. What does the man H.H. follows say about knowing people?
5. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
This section contains 573 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)