|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does H.H. describe the whistling he hears as Part IV opens?
2. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
(a) To write a history book.
(b) To write a simple story.
(c) To dispel Lukas' misgivings.
(d) To help others join the League.
3. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
(a) He wonders what to do.
(b) He looks away.
(c) He joins him.
(d) He is frightened.
4. How longs does H.H. say it has been since he saw the traveler who disappeared on the journey east?
(a) He cannot remember.
(b) Ten years or more.
(c) Less than a year.
(d) He thinks four or five years.
5. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
(a) Never break his vow.
(b) Work until he dies.
(c) Reach his ultimate goal.
(d) Exercise his will.
6. What does H.H. say is Lukas' point of view about the journey?
(a) He is a believer.
(b) He is a skeptic.
(c) He wishes to go with H.H.
(d) He is opposed to it.
7. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
(a) He decides to help solve it.
(b) He takes it seriously.
(c) He treats it casually.
(d) He begins to understand it.
8. What concern does the person H.H. follows express about him?
(a) H.H. is hungry.
(b) H.H. looks lost.
(c) H.H. is foolish.
(d) H.H. is selfish.
9. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
(a) An old man.
10. What does H.H. say Lukas is known for?
(a) HIs poetry.
(b) Publishing a book.
(c) Writing a journal.
(d) His wisdom.
11. What does H.H. say broke down in him as the man moves away?
(a) His hope.
(b) His belief in truth.
(c) His self-control.
(d) His understanding of reality.
12. At the beginning of Part IV, how many times has H.H. been to Seilergraben?
(a) Twenty times or more.
(b) Every day for months.
(c) He isn't sure.
13. How many conversations does H.H. say he and Lukas have?
(a) He doesn't say.
(b) One brief encounter.
(c) They converse daily.
(d) Two long discussions.
14. Who or what does H.H. say he will not give in to as Part III opens?
15. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
(a) They do not believe H.H. took the journey.
(b) They say it is a fool's journey.
(c) They say they admire his journey.
(d) It is like the Children's Crusade.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
2. What happens to the many new movements of the post-war years?
3. How does H.H. react to the whistling he hears in Part IV?
4. What do Lukas and his friends wonder about H.H. and his group?
5. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)