|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does H.H. follow the person to in Part IV?
(a) The Legue Court.
(b) Back to Lukas' home.
(c) The League headquarters.
(d) A bench in a park.
2. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
(a) Have tea with Leo.
(b) Have a drink with the League Leader.
(c) Share a meal with Lukas.
(d) Enjoy something to eat.
3. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
(a) It is like the Children's Crusade.
(b) They do not believe H.H. took the journey.
(c) They say it is a fool's journey.
(d) They say they admire his journey.
4. What does H.H. say happens to several of the journey leaders?
(a) They leave the movement.
(b) They disappear mysteriously.
(c) They arre killed in battles.
(d) They become members of the League Court.
5. Why does H.H. visit Lukas?
(a) To understand him.
(b) To apologize to him.
(c) To instruct him.
(d) To learn from him.
6. What is the purpose of the letter H.H. writes at the end of Part IV.
(a) He writes it to unburden himself.
(b) It is a request for help.
(c) It is his last will and testament.
(d) He exposes the secrets of the League.
7. What does H.H. feel he has lost at the end of his walk with the man?
(a) His mentor.
(b) His mind.
(c) The game.
(d) The cause.
8. How does H.H. react to the whistling he hears in Part IV?
(a) He is enchanted.
(b) He is disturbed.
(c) He is cheered.
(d) He is frightened.
9. What does H.H. say is Lukas' point of view about the journey?
(a) He is a believer.
(b) He wishes to go with H.H.
(c) He is opposed to it.
(d) He is a skeptic.
10. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
(a) Leo's Christian nature.
(b) His nightmares.
(c) His conversations about the League.
(d) His episode with Leo.
11. How longs does H.H. say it has been since he saw the traveler who disappeared on the journey east?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) Ten years or more.
(c) He thinks four or five years.
(d) He cannot remember.
12. What does the man H.H. follows say about the League?
(a) The man does not know about it.
(b) The man belongs to it.
(c) He believes it is a myth.
(d) He believes it no longer exists.
13. What does the man H.H. follows say about knowing people?
(a) Only the Ancients can really know people.
(b) He isn't really interested.
(c) He knows people well.
(d) People are like puzzles.
14. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
(a) He feels at peace.
(b) A feeling of determination.
(c) A feeling of sadness.
(d) He feels confused.
15. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
(a) Understand H.H.'s situation.
(b) Lose his fear.
(c) Write his war book.
(d) Journey to the east.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins H.H. as he listens to the whistling?
2. How many conversations does H.H. say he and Lukas have?
3. What does H.H realize about the whistling he hears?
4. What concern does the person H.H. follows express about him?
5. Who does H.H. say is the whistler?
This section contains 575 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)