|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
(a) Reach his ultimate goal.
(b) Never break his vow.
(c) Exercise his will.
(d) Work until he dies.
2. What does H.H. say separates him from this man he follows?
(a) The League.
3. What does Lukas and H.H. find in a thick book?
(a) The lost letter to the Caliph.
(b) A secret document about the League.
(c) The League's directory.
(d) An address for a man named Leo.
4. What happens to the many new movements of the post-war years?
(a) They strengthen.
(b) They make history.
(c) They change history.
(d) They disappear.
5. Why does H.H. visit Lukas?
(a) To learn from him.
(b) To instruct him.
(c) To apologize to him.
(d) To understand him.
6. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
(a) He stands and watches.
(b) He goes home.
(c) Runs after him.
(d) He visits Lukas.
7. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
(a) Egotistical maniacs.
(b) Practioners of the unconscious.
(c) People who traffic in dreams.
(d) People who always win arguments.
8. Who does H.H. write a long letter to when he returns home after his encounter with the man he follows?
(a) The League.
(c) His lawyer.
9. What does H.H. describe as hallucinations?
(a) His dreams.
(b) His ambitions.
(c) His memories.
(d) His reality.
10. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
(a) To help others join the League.
(b) To write a simple story.
(c) To write a history book.
(d) To dispel Lukas' misgivings.
11. Who does H.H. say is the whistler?
(a) A young girl.
(c) A peacock.
(d) The old man.
12. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To kill.
(b) To understand.
(c) To forget.
(d) To love.
13. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
14. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
(a) He treats it casually.
(b) He decides to help solve it.
(c) He takes it seriously.
(d) He begins to understand it.
15. What does H.H. say is Lukas' point of view about the journey?
(a) He is a skeptic.
(b) He wishes to go with H.H.
(c) He is a believer.
(d) He is opposed to it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
2. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
3. What is the purpose of the letter H.H. writes at the end of Part IV.
4. How longs does H.H. say it has been since he saw the traveler who disappeared on the journey east?
5. What does H.H. tell Lukas about the League?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)