|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after H.H. makes his vow when Part III begins?
(a) He is allowed to continue his journey.
(b) He finds the way to enlightenment.
(c) Princess Fatima appears to him.
(d) He has a happy memory.
2. Who or what does H.H. say he will not give in to as Part III opens?
3. What does H.H. tell Lukas about the League?
(a) It is not a post-war movement.
(b) It understands enlightenment.
(c) It started during the World War.
(d) It is a strict society.
4. What does the person think about H.H.?
(a) He is strange.
(b) He is rude.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is kind.
5. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
(a) Have a drink with the League Leader.
(b) Have tea with Leo.
(c) Enjoy something to eat.
(d) Share a meal with Lukas.
6. What does H.H. say separates him from this man he follows?
(a) The League.
7. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To understand.
(b) To kill.
(c) To forget.
(d) To love.
8. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
(a) It will rain soon.
(b) To sit next to him.
(c) He introduces himself.
(d) Not to be afraid.
9. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
(a) People who always win arguments.
(b) People who traffic in dreams.
(c) Egotistical maniacs.
(d) Practioners of the unconscious.
10. In Part III, what does H.H. say is similar to when he first started on his expedition?
(a) His desire to remain a member of the League.
(b) His need to find his home.
(c) His happiness to do something.
(d) His determination to meet his goal.
11. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
(a) He treats it casually.
(b) He takes it seriously.
(c) He decides to help solve it.
(d) He begins to understand it.
12. What does H.H. say he used to be?
(a) A musician.
(b) An historian.
(c) A League member.
(d) A writer.
13. Who does H.H. write a long letter to when he returns home after his encounter with the man he follows?
(a) The League.
(b) His lawyer.
14. What happens to the many new movements of the post-war years?
(a) They strengthen.
(b) They change history.
(c) They disappear.
(d) They make history.
15. As Part III opens, what is H.H. trying to find his way through?
(a) A sandstorm.
(b) His difficulty.
(c) His anger.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the beginning of Part III, how does H.H. remember feeling about his group's undertaking?
2. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
3. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
4. What does H.H. feel he has lost at the end of his walk with the man?
5. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)