|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lukas and H.H. find in a thick book?
(a) The League's directory.
(b) A secret document about the League.
(c) An address for a man named Leo.
(d) The lost letter to the Caliph.
2. What does H.H. say the man he follows dedicates himself to?
(a) To be in a balanced relationship with his surroundings.
(b) To be loved and needed.
(c) To understand the true meaning of man.
(d) To reach enlightenment.
3. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
(a) Find the traveler who disappeared on the journey.
(b) Prove Lukas wrong.
(c) Believe in the League again.
(d) Give his life meaning again.
4. What concern does the person H.H. follows express about him?
(a) H.H. is selfish.
(b) H.H. looks lost.
(c) H.H. is hungry.
(d) H.H. is foolish.
5. What happens to the many new movements of the post-war years?
(a) They make history.
(b) They change history.
(c) They disappear.
(d) They strengthen.
6. What does H.H. feel he has lost at the end of his walk with the man?
(a) The cause.
(b) His mind.
(c) The game.
(d) His mentor.
7. What is H.H.'s relationship to Lukas?
(a) League members.
(b) Fellow travelers.
(c) School friends.
8. In Part III, how does H.H. say he first approaches his goal?
9. What does the person H.H. followed say to H.H.?
(a) It will rain soon.
(b) To sit next to him.
(c) Not to be afraid.
(d) He introduces himself.
10. How does H.H. react to the whistling he hears in Part IV?
(a) He is frightened.
(b) He is disturbed.
(c) He is cheered.
(d) He is enchanted.
11. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
(a) Life's simplest joys.
(b) A real picture of the war.
(c) The understanding of dreams.
(d) The fear of death.
12. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
(a) He feels confused.
(b) A feeling of determination.
(c) A feeling of sadness.
(d) He feels at peace.
13. How does the Man H.H. follows describe rain?
(a) As refreshing.
(b) As cleansing.
(c) As wonderful.
(d) Much needed.
14. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
(a) An old man.
15. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who joins H.H. as he listens to the whistling?
2. How longs does H.H. say it has been since he saw the traveler who disappeared on the journey east?
3. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
4. What does H.H. tell Lukas about the League?
5. Who or what does H.H. see near the person he follows in Part IV?
This section contains 501 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)