|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
(a) Believe in the League again.
(b) Find the traveler who disappeared on the journey.
(c) Prove Lukas wrong.
(d) Give his life meaning again.
2. Who joins H.H. as he listens to the whistling?
(a) An old man.
(b) No one.
(d) His walking companion.
3. How does H.H.'s recollection of the his earlier journey affect him?
(a) He says everything becomes clear.
(b) He says things remain hopeless.
(c) He weeps uncontrollably.
(d) He suddenly remembers where he is.
4. What does H.H. say he used to be?
(a) A musician.
(b) A writer.
(c) A League member.
(d) An historian.
5. What does H.H. say happens to several of the journey leaders?
(a) They arre killed in battles.
(b) They disappear mysteriously.
(c) They become members of the League Court.
(d) They leave the movement.
6. What does H.H. tell Lukas about the League?
(a) It is not a post-war movement.
(b) It understands enlightenment.
(c) It is a strict society.
(d) It started during the World War.
7. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
8. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
(a) He feels at peace.
(b) A feeling of sadness.
(c) A feeling of determination.
(d) He feels confused.
9. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
(a) A fixed idea.
(b) A starting point.
(c) A good ending.
(d) The truth.
10. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
(a) He looks away.
(b) He wonders what to do.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He joins him.
11. What does the person think about H.H.?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is strange.
(c) He is kind.
(d) He is rude.
12. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
(a) He treats it casually.
(b) He takes it seriously.
(c) He begins to understand it.
(d) He decides to help solve it.
13. What overcomes H.H. as he and the man he follows continue to converse?
14. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
(a) Have tea with Leo.
(b) Have a drink with the League Leader.
(c) Share a meal with Lukas.
(d) Enjoy something to eat.
15. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
(a) It is a test.
(b) It is a dream.
(c) It is a passage.
(d) It is a game.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Part III, what does H.H. say is similar to when he first started on his expedition?
2. What does H.H. say broke down in him as the man moves away?
3. What does Lukas believe cannot be conveyed to even the most serious?
4. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
5. What happens after H.H. makes his vow when Part III begins?
This section contains 548 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)