|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Part III opens, what is H.H. trying to find his way through?
(a) His anger.
(b) A sandstorm.
(d) His difficulty.
2. What does H.H. do when the person he is following stops?
(a) He joins him.
(b) He looks away.
(c) He is frightened.
(d) He wonders what to do.
3. What or who does the man summon with his whistle?
(a) A policeman.
(b) The League leader.
(c) A taxi.
(d) A large dog.
4. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
(a) Journey to the east.
(b) Lose his fear.
(c) Understand H.H.'s situation.
(d) Write his war book.
5. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
(a) To help others join the League.
(b) To write a simple story.
(c) To write a history book.
(d) To dispel Lukas' misgivings.
6. What does H.H. describe as hallucinations?
(a) His ambitions.
(b) His dreams.
(c) His memories.
(d) His reality.
7. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
(a) He treats it casually.
(b) He begins to understand it.
(c) He decides to help solve it.
(d) He takes it seriously.
8. At the beginning of Part IV, how many times has H.H. been to Seilergraben?
(a) He isn't sure.
(b) Twenty times or more.
(d) Every day for months.
9. What does H.H realize about the whistling he hears?
(a) Is fulfills all his wishes.
(b) It must be a League member.
(c) It is an exotic bird.
(d) It is Lukas.
10. What has Lukas been a part of?
(a) The World War.
(b) A journey east.
(c) The League's leadership.
(d) The League's court.
11. What is H.H.'s relationship to Lukas?
(a) League members.
(c) School friends.
(d) Fellow travelers.
12. What happens after H.H. makes his vow when Part III begins?
(a) He is allowed to continue his journey.
(b) He finds the way to enlightenment.
(c) He has a happy memory.
(d) Princess Fatima appears to him.
13. How longs does H.H. say it has been since he saw the traveler who disappeared on the journey east?
(a) Less than a year.
(b) He cannot remember.
(c) He thinks four or five years.
(d) Ten years or more.
14. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
(a) Leo's Christian nature.
(b) His episode with Leo.
(c) His nightmares.
(d) His conversations about the League.
15. What does Lukas compare H.H.'s experiences on the journey to?
(a) Mary and Josephs' journey to Egypt.
(b) A bad dream.
(c) The Illiad.
(d) His own war experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lukas and his friends wonder about H.H. and his group?
2. Why does H.H. visit Lukas?
3. What does the man H.H. follows say about knowing people?
4. What concern does the person H.H. follows express about him?
5. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)