|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
(a) HIs memories.
(b) The League.
(c) His mentor.
(d) All evasion.
2. Who is the person H.H. has been following and speaking to in Part IV?
(c) An old man.
3. What or who does the person say a violin reminds him of?
(a) A lovely song.
(c) King David.
(d) An angel's voice.
4. How does H.H.'s recollection of the his earlier journey affect him?
(a) He weeps uncontrollably.
(b) He says everything becomes clear.
(c) He says things remain hopeless.
(d) He suddenly remembers where he is.
5. What does the man H.H. follows say about the League?
(a) He believes it is a myth.
(b) He believes it no longer exists.
(c) The man belongs to it.
(d) The man does not know about it.
6. What does Lukas suddenly do after describing his experiences?
(a) Make H.H. leave.
(b) Laughs deleriously.
(c) Cries inconsolably.
(d) Goes to bed.
7. What does Lukas say he finally was able to accomplish?
(a) Journey to the east.
(b) Understand H.H.'s situation.
(c) Write his war book.
(d) Lose his fear.
8. How does the Man H.H. follows describe rain?
(a) As cleansing.
(b) As refreshing.
(c) Much needed.
(d) As wonderful.
9. What has Lukas been a part of?
(a) The League's court.
(b) A journey east.
(c) The League's leadership.
(d) The World War.
10. How does H.H. feel when he answers the person he is following?
11. What does Lukas and H.H. find in a thick book?
(a) The League's directory.
(b) The lost letter to the Caliph.
(c) A secret document about the League.
(d) An address for a man named Leo.
12. What does H.H. say the man he follows dedicates himself to?
(a) To be in a balanced relationship with his surroundings.
(b) To reach enlightenment.
(c) To understand the true meaning of man.
(d) To be loved and needed.
13. What happens after H.H. makes his vow when Part III begins?
(a) He finds the way to enlightenment.
(b) Princess Fatima appears to him.
(c) He has a happy memory.
(d) He is allowed to continue his journey.
14. Who joins H.H. as he listens to the whistling?
(a) No one.
(b) An old man.
(d) His walking companion.
15. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
(a) A feeling of sadness.
(b) He feels confused.
(c) He feels at peace.
(d) A feeling of determination.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
2. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
3. In Part III, what does H.H. say is similar to when he first started on his expedition?
4. What does H.H. say is stronger than reality?
5. Who does H.H. say is the whistler?
This section contains 528 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)