|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man H.H. follows say about knowing people?
(a) People are like puzzles.
(b) Only the Ancients can really know people.
(c) He knows people well.
(d) He isn't really interested.
2. What does H.H. say he used to be?
(a) A writer.
(b) A musician.
(c) An historian.
(d) A League member.
3. What or who does the man summon with his whistle?
(a) A policeman.
(b) A taxi.
(c) A large dog.
(d) The League leader.
4. How does the Man H.H. follows describe rain?
(a) As cleansing.
(b) As refreshing.
(c) Much needed.
(d) As wonderful.
5. What does the man H.H. follows say about the League?
(a) He believes it no longer exists.
(b) He believes it is a myth.
(c) The man belongs to it.
(d) The man does not know about it.
6. Who or what does H.H. say he will not give in to as Part III opens?
7. How does H.H. react to the whistling he hears in Part IV?
(a) He is enchanted.
(b) He is disturbed.
(c) He is cheered.
(d) He is frightened.
8. What has Lukas been a part of?
(a) A journey east.
(b) The League's court.
(c) The World War.
(d) The League's leadership.
9. What happens to the many new movements of the post-war years?
(a) They change history.
(b) They disappear.
(c) They make history.
(d) They strengthen.
10. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
(a) A feeling of determination.
(b) He feels at peace.
(c) He feels confused.
(d) A feeling of sadness.
11. What does Lukas suddenly do after describing his experiences?
(a) Make H.H. leave.
(b) Cries inconsolably.
(c) Laughs deleriously.
(d) Goes to bed.
12. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
(a) It is a dream.
(b) It is a game.
(c) It is a test.
(d) It is a passage.
13. How does H.H. describe the whistling he hears as Part IV opens?
14. What does H.H. say happens to several of the journey leaders?
(a) They disappear mysteriously.
(b) They become members of the League Court.
(c) They arre killed in battles.
(d) They leave the movement.
15. What does H.H. ask of the man he follows?
(a) To be forgiven.
(b) To be blessed.
(c) For pity.
(d) To guide him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lukas and H.H. find in a thick book?
2. What does H.H. say the man he follows dedicates himself to?
3. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
4. What does Lukas compare H.H.'s experiences on the journey to?
5. What do the man who live on the third floor do sometimes?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)