|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the man H.H. follows tell him about life?
(a) It is a passage.
(b) It is a test.
(c) It is a game.
(d) It is a dream.
2. What is H.H.'s relationship to Lukas?
(a) League members.
(b) Fellow travelers.
(d) School friends.
3. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
(a) To write a history book.
(b) To dispel Lukas' misgivings.
(c) To help others join the League.
(d) To write a simple story.
4. What does Lukas say H.H. keeps coming back to?
(a) His nightmares.
(b) His conversations about the League.
(c) Leo's Christian nature.
(d) His episode with Leo.
5. In Part III, how does Lukas' opinion change concerning H.H.'s problem?
(a) He begins to understand it.
(b) He treats it casually.
(c) He decides to help solve it.
(d) He takes it seriously.
6. What does the man H.H. follows say about the League?
(a) He believes it no longer exists.
(b) He believes it is a myth.
(c) The man does not know about it.
(d) The man belongs to it.
7. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To understand.
(b) To kill.
(c) To forget.
(d) To love.
8. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
(a) They say they admire his journey.
(b) They do not believe H.H. took the journey.
(c) It is like the Children's Crusade.
(d) They say it is a fool's journey.
9. In Part III, how does H.H. say he first approaches his goal?
10. How many conversations does H.H. say he and Lukas have?
(a) He doesn't say.
(b) They converse daily.
(c) Two long discussions.
(d) One brief encounter.
11. What do Lukas and his friends wonder about H.H. and his group?
(a) Did the group complete their journey.
(b) If they wish to serve a Repbulican government.
(c) Does St. Christopher protect the group.
(d) Are they in service to the Catholic Church.
12. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
(a) Have tea with Leo.
(b) Have a drink with the League Leader.
(c) Share a meal with Lukas.
(d) Enjoy something to eat.
13. What does Lukas compare H.H.'s experiences on the journey to?
(a) Mary and Josephs' journey to Egypt.
(b) The Illiad.
(c) A bad dream.
(d) His own war experiences.
14. How does H.H. react to the whistling he hears in Part IV?
(a) He is enchanted.
(b) He is frightened.
(c) He is cheered.
(d) He is disturbed.
15. What does H.H. say Lukas is known for?
(a) His wisdom.
(b) Publishing a book.
(c) HIs poetry.
(d) Writing a journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of the letter H.H. writes at the end of Part IV.
2. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
3. Who or what does H.H. say he will not give in to as Part III opens?
4. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
5. What does H.H realize about the whistling he hears?
This section contains 556 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)