|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is H.H.'s relationship to Lukas?
(a) School friends.
(b) Fellow travelers.
(d) League members.
2. How does H.H.'s recollection of the his earlier journey affect him?
(a) He says everything becomes clear.
(b) He suddenly remembers where he is.
(c) He says things remain hopeless.
(d) He weeps uncontrollably.
3. Where does H.H. follow the person to in Part IV?
(a) The League headquarters.
(b) A bench in a park.
(c) The Legue Court.
(d) Back to Lukas' home.
4. How does H.H. say he will approach his task in Part III?
(a) As a whole.
(b) With hope.
(c) With success.
(d) Piece by piece.
5. What does Lukas suddenly do after describing his experiences?
(a) Cries inconsolably.
(b) Make H.H. leave.
(c) Goes to bed.
(d) Laughs deleriously.
6. What does H.H. say psychologist are?
(a) People who always win arguments.
(b) Practioners of the unconscious.
(c) Egotistical maniacs.
(d) People who traffic in dreams.
7. What feeling comes over H.H. when he is about to greet the bare-headed man?
(a) A feeling of sadness.
(b) A feeling of determination.
(c) He feels at peace.
(d) He feels confused.
8. What or who does the man summon with his whistle?
(a) A large dog.
(b) The League leader.
(c) A policeman.
(d) A taxi.
9. What does H.H. say broke down in him as the man moves away?
(a) His hope.
(b) His understanding of reality.
(c) His belief in truth.
(d) His self-control.
10. Who or what does H.H. say he scorns at the beginning of Part III?
(a) HIs memories.
(b) His mentor.
(c) The League.
(d) All evasion.
11. What does H.H. do as the man he follows walks away?
(a) Runs after him.
(b) He visits Lukas.
(c) He goes home.
(d) He stands and watches.
12. What does H.H. believe is necessary to be able to write?
(a) The truth.
(b) A good ending.
(c) A fixed idea.
(d) A starting point.
13. What do Lukas and his friends wonder about H.H. and his group?
(a) Did the group complete their journey.
(b) If they wish to serve a Repbulican government.
(c) Are they in service to the Catholic Church.
(d) Does St. Christopher protect the group.
14. When the person learns H.H. has given up something special, what does he say it is because of?
15. What does H.H. say Lukas is known for?
(a) HIs poetry.
(b) Writing a journal.
(c) His wisdom.
(d) Publishing a book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does H.H. say is Lukas' point of view about the journey?
2. In Part IV, how does H.H. describe the person who comes out of the house?
3. What do Lukas and his friends say about H.H.'s "Journey to the East"?
4. How longs does H.H. say it has been since he saw the traveler who disappeared on the journey east?
5. What does Lukas compare H.H.'s experiences on the journey to?
This section contains 540 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)