|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Part IV, how many times has H.H. been to Seilergraben?
(a) Twenty times or more.
(b) He isn't sure.
(d) Every day for months.
2. What do Lukas and his friends wonder about H.H. and his group?
(a) Are they in service to the Catholic Church.
(b) Does St. Christopher protect the group.
(c) Did the group complete their journey.
(d) If they wish to serve a Repbulican government.
3. What does Lukas suddenly do after describing his experiences?
(a) Make H.H. leave.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Cries inconsolably.
(d) Laughs deleriously.
4. What does H.H. see the person he follows do in Part IV?
(a) Have tea with Leo.
(b) Enjoy something to eat.
(c) Share a meal with Lukas.
(d) Have a drink with the League Leader.
5. How does H.H. react to the whistling he hears in Part IV?
(a) He is cheered.
(b) He is enchanted.
(c) He is disturbed.
(d) He is frightened.
6. What does the man H.H. follows say about the League?
(a) He believes it is a myth.
(b) The man does not know about it.
(c) The man belongs to it.
(d) He believes it no longer exists.
7. What does Lukas believe is man's strongest hunger?
(a) To kill.
(b) To forget.
(c) To understand.
(d) To love.
8. As Part III opens, what is H.H. trying to find his way through?
(a) A sandstorm.
(b) His anger.
(d) His difficulty.
9. What happens to the many new movements of the post-war years?
(a) They make history.
(b) They strengthen.
(c) They change history.
(d) They disappear.
10. What does H.H. tell Lukas his current passion is in Part III?
(a) To dispel Lukas' misgivings.
(b) To write a simple story.
(c) To help others join the League.
(d) To write a history book.
11. Who or what does H.H. say he will not give in to as Part III opens?
12. Who joins H.H. as he listens to the whistling?
(a) An old man.
(b) No one.
(c) His walking companion.
13. What does H.H. realize he is really trying to do when Part III ends?
(a) Give his life meaning again.
(b) Prove Lukas wrong.
(c) Believe in the League again.
(d) Find the traveler who disappeared on the journey.
14. What concern does the person H.H. follows express about him?
(a) H.H. is hungry.
(b) H.H. looks lost.
(c) H.H. is selfish.
(d) H.H. is foolish.
15. Where does H.H. follow the person to in Part IV?
(a) The Legue Court.
(b) Back to Lukas' home.
(c) A bench in a park.
(d) The League headquarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does H.H. say is the whistler?
2. What does H.H. say separates him from this man he follows?
3. How does H.H. describe the whistling he hears as Part IV opens?
4. What does H.H. say he used to be?
5. What does H.H. say he will do no matter what happens?
This section contains 497 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)