|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is it that H.H. says a historian searches for in events?
(a) The center, the common standpoint.
(b) The importance of the matter.
(c) The relevance of the event.
(d) The truth.
2. In Part I, what does the narrator say that several other authors claim?
(a) They have give accurate descriptions of the East.
(b) They are brothers of the League
(c) They are experts in archeology.
(d) They have traveled the world.
3. What does the narrator say each member on the Journey East has to have?
(a) Sturdy boots and clothing.
(b) A common goal.
(c) Their own private goals.
(d) Food enough to share with each traveller.
4. According to H.H. what is new to the group in Part II?
(a) Their disputes.
(b) Their goals.
(c) Their spirituality.
(d) Their leader.
5. What does the deserter wish to do some time later?
(a) Expose the League's secrets.
(b) Write his memoirs for publication.
(c) Gain the confidence of the League Speaker.
(d) Be forgiven and rejoin the League.
6. In Part II, what does H.H. say is the only important thing in his life?
(a) The Conquest of the Ottoman Empire.
(b) Writing his memoirs.
(c) The League's Journey East.
(d) The love of Fatima.
7. At the beginning of Part II, who or what else is missing?
(a) Other things from everyone.
(b) Orders from the Caliph.
(c) Instructions from the League Court.
(d) Food needed for the rest of the journey.
8. What does everyone agree on about a particular document in Part II?
(a) It is an original.
(b) It is in a linen bag.
(c) It is of great value.
(d) It is a copy.
9. What or who does H.H. say historical events happen to?
(a) The future.
(b) The victors.
(c) The nameless.
(d) The participants.
10. What is placed on the narrator as he is admitted into the League?
(a) The League ring is placed on his finger.
(b) A simple brown robe with a cowl.
(c) A brilliant purple cape with gold embroidery.
(d) A black fez with a red tassle and gold crescent.
11. What time of year does H.H. recall in Part II?
(a) Summer/Bacchus Festival.
12. In Part I, what does the narrator say world history often seems like?
(a) Humanity's desire to erase its memory.
(b) A short respite between national wars.
(c) A waste of time to study.
(d) Glorious revelations of previous generations.
13. In the beginning of Part II, how does H.H. say the character's disappearance came about?
(a) That character leaves the League.
(b) It is a link in a chain of disasterous events.
(c) It is because of an accident.
(d) That character has an emergency at home.
14. Mohamed's coffin is believed to hold what magical power?
(a) One gains immediate entrance into paradise.
(b) One can rise one freely into the air.
(c) One will gain the power to speak to animals.
(d) One receives the ability to judge all men righteously.
15. What does the narrator say is in the East that disciples are traveling towards?
(a) The great temple of Kundalini.
(b) The Home of LIght.
(c) The Bacchanalian feast.
(d) The dawning of the Third Empire.
Short Answer Questions
1. How far has the journey traveled as Part II begins?
2. Who preserves the memory of Hohenstaufen?
3. What does the narrator say about Leo at the end of Part I?
4. What is the unanimously observed rule of the group?
5. In Part II, what does H.H. say he would willing exchange his belief for?
This section contains 662 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)